10

The Dragon and The Lion

-what? - Kris shouted at the mid aged man in front of him. His voice echoed in the big empty hall of his mansion- we have a deal, I would get married when I finished college! 

The man that had an amazing resemblance to Kris looked displeased but it was nothing compared to Kris' face that was distorted in a mad expression. His eyes were full red and his eyebrows knitted together as he clenched his fist.

- No more talking, you are going to meet her tonight, so skip school and get ready.

Kris tried to get out of the room but was met with two bodyguards on the door. He clicked his tongue.

-Stop making a scene you are not a kid.

- Exactly, you can’t control me! 

- Maybe not you but I can control her- he referred to you. Kris knuckles turned white.

Until he finally accepted.

 

When you woke up the next day, you felt as if your head was about to explode, maybe because you spend the whole night wondering how would you greet Kris that da it even took you extra make up to cover the dark purple circles under your eyes. Apparently, it was effective because your brother didn’t ask you anything when you were eating breakfast. But it was quieter than usual.

The school campus was almost empty when you arrived since it was earlier but you had to go check the lists. You were immersed in your thoughts so didn’t realized you were already standing in front of one of the student services' doors.

You pushed it open and entered at the same time another door was opening and closing behind the pale and tall guy that headed outside. Leo.

After greeting the girl at the front desk she opened some link on her PC and scanned it for a long time, making you move back and forth on your heels and bit your bottom lip.

- Well? - You asked desperate and she finally looked at you with a soft smile and cleared .

- You are in! - she said enthusiastically.

You had to cover your mouth to suppress a little whine and you jumped in your toes earning a wider smile from the receptionist

 - Thank you! - you exclaimed with a big grin on your face.

When you finally calmed down she gave you a envelope with the acceptance letter and other forms you needed to fill And you left the office with wide smile and humming a hapo=py song.

When you arrived in your classroom Kris was nowhere to be found "Maybe he is late you thought" but the first period ended and he didn’t arrive making you worried. You took out your phone and dialed his number trying to not think too much about yesterday. He answered at the fourth ring don’t know why but you immediately got the impression he was feeling as awkward as you.

- Hey- he said.

- Hey!  Are you okay?  

- Yeah... well no- he seemed to be meditating whether he could tell you or not but then he added - they want me to meet my fiancée ... Tonight - he breathed exhausted.

Your heart pounded out of your chest and the lump in your throat started to grow faster than you could gulp it down making your voice came out as a whisper.

- w..what? – you replied – I can go over there and …

The moment he heard you, Kris regretted telling you.

- They locked me out so I won’t be able to be at school today - his voice could almost show his fragile and pained expression - so you better take notes for me - he faked a threat.

You knew it was pointless going against his powerful family so you decided to remain quiet, even though you wanted to break into his house and take him out just after cursing as his possessive and manipulative father.

- Ok, but you have to repay me the favor, ok? - You said putting in all your effort to try to sound happy.

- Of course, I always do – he shrugged and both said your good byes and ended the call with a loud sigh.

 

“In the end I didn’t meet her” Leo said to himself as he walked to class with his usual poker face on, even though he was accepted in the scholarship program. It wasn’t that he didn’t care about it, but more like he was relieved to be able to continue studying without being a burden to his parents; and he wasn’t the type of person who jumps of happiness like you did.

“Well, it’s not like I was expecting to, in the first place”

His thoughts were interrupted as someone’s hand slammed strongly on his back almost making him stumble; he turned around glaring only to meet Hakyeon with his usual smile.

- L-E-O! – he spelled his name and Leo rolled his eyes before walking again – Did you make it? Did you not? – he asked obnoxiously.

- I did – his voice came out softly, like a whisper as always.

Hakyeon’s face literally brightened up of happiness as he clapped congratulating his friend, who just walked away, hiding a half smile.

- I knew you could make it! Just because of that I’ll invite you something today…

Leo frowned

- Are you having a fight with your father again?

- Nothing like that! – he patted Leo even harder earning a more intense glare from him.

- stop it!

Leo’s phone vibrated and he took it out.

You: Did you get in?

Leo: Did you?

You: I asked first.

- So arrogant – Leo snorted

- huh? – Hakyeon tried to spy on Leo’s conversation but he pulled it right away – it’s her, isn’t it?

- I don’t know what you are talking about – Leo shoved his phone back in his pocket

- You can’t deceive me! You are interested in that mysterious girl – he teased but Leo ignored him.

“Wait if she is asking that means she already went to the office” Leo snapped and turned around to look towards the office that was an entire hall away from him now but there was a lot of people looking at their cellphones, he looked at every face but no one seemed to fit in the role of a scholarship student.

Hakyeon looked amused at his friend’s reaction to a simple message.

“Or maybe she is a guy” he laughed at his own idea.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Short update, but I'll be trying to update everyday or as fast as I can.

Don't forget to share, comment and vote, thank you for 100th time!