2

The Dragon and The Lion

 

The next day you did as user9011 told you and apparently everything went alright, now it was time to wait for the results.

- why are you so smiley today? – kris asked intrigued, frowning at your lack of attention to him.

- oh, was I smiling? – you asked without malice, lifting up your gaze from your phone.

- yes, you were! – kris spoke rather loudly making a few people that were left in the classroom turned their heads to him for a second before continuing with what they were doing.

- oh sorry, it’s because… remember that scholarship I told you about some time ago?

- yeah – he hesitated – I think so.

- well – you sighed at his obvious lack of memory – I contacted, or more like, someone from the group contacted me and gave me detailed data on how to apply.

- And how did it go? – he asked, now really paying attention.

- smoothly, I guess… I just send my gratitude to that person.

Kris frowned even harder, to make sure you noticed he was getting annoyed at the mention of another person, but you remained clueless.

- that person – he looked to the table and then back at you trying to find the right words to not his jealousy – … she must be a nice person.

- she? Mmmm… I don’t know if that person is boy or a girl.

- I see…

He was about to continue talking but a girl approached him; you limited yourself to take a glance at her and then focus on your phone since it was a really normal scenario. Those girls were also used to you being around him but never saw as a potential enemy, so they ignored you as if you weren’t there.

- Kris! Why haven’t you talk to me? – she said in a sweet yet threatening voice.

- huh? Oh sorry, I forgot. Are you angry? – Kris answered nonchalantly and the girl shook his head. – Then shall we get going?. – he smiled at her with a diplomatic manner, that people use to pretend to care about something they really don’t. – forgive me, ______, okay?

You waved your hand uninterested, opposite to what you were feeling in that moment: your heart being stung and your blood boiling up to your head. In that very moment your phone indicated you got a new FB message, you felt relieved to have something distracting your mind. You never noticed Kris glaring at the object as if it had insulted him while being dragged out by the girl.

You wrote: thanks to you, I think everything went well. Once again thank you very much.

User9011:  really? Good. You’re welcome.

- looks like he/she is not the talkative type? – You pouted to yourself.

You: just a question; are you a man or a woman?

The message was seen a few seconds after you send it but there was no reply; making you regret to have asked that; maybe you invaded his/her personal “space”. Paranoid was starting to get to you when your phone vibrated again.

User9011: why? Are you a stalker? A ert?

You: I was just asking!

You grumbled and closed the app before grabbing your stuff and left the room. Now, Kris was gone to some random date with his new season girlfriend that you couldn’t help but pity her effort in having a long-lasting relationship with someone that was playing around while he can before getting married.

Even though, you felt like that, you still envied all those girls that dated Kris. Because you probably stuck yourself in the friendzone forever, even though it was for the best.

 

 

- What are you grinning so hard for? – a guy with dark skin and a shining smile on his face asked to his friend checking his phone.

The black haired guy lying on the bench behind a three limited himself to show his phone to his friend.

- What? Why? – Hakyeon blinked a few times after reading the conversation.

- Don’t know, felt like teasing somebody – he put the phone in his pocket.

- But, Leo, how did you know she was a girl?

The good looking guy rolled to his right side and yawned.

- The way she writes and I don’t think many guys would be interested in the scholarship, so I concluded she was girl most likely.

- And what if it’s a guy?

- It doesn’t matter, it’s not like we are going to meet. Actually I think won’t reply after this.

- Whatever – N rolled his eyes and looked at his sleepy friend, lying there peacefully.

And he also noticed how a lot of people stared at them, even gossiped about them, like they were some strange creatures to be afraid of. But as soon as their eyes met his, they looked away scared.

“Stupid people” Hakyeon frowned.

 

Kris skipped the afternoon lessons, leaving you no choice but to walk home alone. It had been so long since you last had to return by yourself that the streets looked really different from when you walk from your house to the university.

When you were with Kris in the car you didn’t notice there are a lot of people on the streets at that hour, also the weather wasn’t that hot as in the beginning of the semester and the leaves were turning reddish and brown; a lot of them were about to fall.

It was fall already; the season when you first met Kris about 8 years ago. Your mind flew back in time to when you’re middle scholars.

“Hey, that boy is from the Wu family” “He must be rich” “I want to be friends with him” was the most recurrent phrases those days.

- Wu family? – you asked – should I know him? To me he is just an airhead trying to act cool – you brag louder than you expect it. Without noticing he was standing right behind you.

You expected to meet an angry face but instead he looked surprised, you could also swear you saw a spark of happiness deep in his eyes. But it had been so long after that, that maybe it was your mind playing with your memories.

Weeks later they introduced him to you as the son of your late father’s boss.

You came back to the present because of the loud sound of the train.

 

 

The girl that was with Kris started to pour down some drinks, while he just sat on the sofa looking at his phone, absent minded until she said something that caught his attention.

- But everyone was so sure you were dating – she scoffed in high pitched voice, referring to you and kris – I was surprised when you accepted to go out with me.

- Things can be so different of what they look like – he turned at her.

She hesitated for a second, looking to the side but then decided to ask.

- Are you sure nothing had happened between you and her?

“I think I like you” he said

“Are you crazy?!” you said

The scene from the first year of high school flashed in Kris mind.

- Of course not. She is not my style – he smiled.

She is different – he thought.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone!

What do you think about my new fic?