4

The Dragon and The Lion

The weekend flew by without seeing Kris, which was really unexpected since you hung out almost every Sunday and Saturday. You send a message to user9011 with the file he requested attached. As usual you only got a "thank you" as an answer. Not like you expected something else but it simply bothered you how cold the replies were.

On Monday, you found Kris on your way to the school, he was walking unexpectedly, he explained that his car was getting fixed at the garage because of a problem with the tires.

- so what do you think, Kris? A boy or a girl? - you asked after telling him the story.

- mmmmm - Kris meditated the situation - it's difficult...but if it's a guy he probably just want to hit on you.

- When I asked about it I got mistaken with a ert and a stalker? Ha! Can you believe that? - you asked incensed, like you were insulted.

- well, kind of... - he joked and took a step away from you as he predicted you were going to try to hit him. You did so.

You both laughed as he continued kidding you but suddenly he put on a serious look.

- I'm asking you... Be careful. - he let out a shaky sigh like he exhausted. He entwined his gaze with yours; his eyes were deeper than usual hiding something you couldn’t figure - please...

You got speechless for a minute like a bird that is hypnotized by a cat, unable to think straight looking at his chiseled face.

“Was he always this breathtaking?" Your trance was interrupted as reality finally hit you: you were his best friend and he was engaged.

- U..uhm. I get it - you nodded and walked away.

Kris realized how the air around you both became thicker to the point you couldn’t talk anymore, so he decided to act.

-If it's a girl, you better introduce her to me, But if it’s a boy I’ll have to get some things clear with him - his lips formed a defiant smile while he pressed his knuckles.

- I don’t like any of your options - you rolled your eyes.

- What?! - he turned to you widen eyed – so you are hoping it is a guy?!

- wha.. of course n… - your cheeks turned bright red and your tongue couldn’t articulate the right words.

But you couldn’t finish the sentence because a car stopped next to you; it was Kris girlfriend you noticed that her hair and makeup were perfectly done, her clothes looked expensive and to make it short her whole outfit was flawless; she really put effort in her appearance. You wondered how many months or weeks would they last; not because you liked Kris but because you think it was a waste of effort from that girl.

- ______ - Kris called you – let’s go! She will take us to the school – he said in the most casual way but he didn’t saw the girl glaring towards you.

- I’m fine – you faked a smile – I had to go somewhere else, anyways. See you at school.

- are you sure? – he asked concerned.

- sure.

He wavered for a moment but got in the car and left. You sighed disheartened and kept walking but stopped to put on your earphones; maybe music would soften the jab you just received. You continued you way scrolling down you playlist to find a happy and relaxing song. Your eyes fixated in the most recent song you had added to your phone and were about to play it until your head bumped really hard into something, or still worse, someone…

- I’m sorry – you apologized admitting it was your fault. – I wasn’t paying attention – you finally looked up after bowing.

- No problem – said the tall black haired man you just hit with your forehead – I wasn’t looking either.

His voice was too soft and low you had to adjust your ear to hear it; it didn’t match his appearance: tall, piercing eyes and a well built body.

He bend down to pick your phone that just dropped from the impact, luckily the screen didn’t crash thanks to the hard case that protected it. He also lifted up his phone and immediately put it in his pocket.

- I’m sorry – he gave you the phone and resumed his way.

You looked at him trying to process everything just happened because it was so random and out of routine. It was until someone called your name that you reacted, you turned around and blinked a few times before realizing it was one of your classmates.

- are you okay? I just saw what just happened? – she said worried – I’m sorry I was unable to move and help you.

- eh? I’m fine, why?

- I thought he was going to hit you – the girl pressed her chest as if she was chocking.

- Hit me? – you exclaimed scared – why would he do that? I just bumped into him by accident.

- you don’t know who that is?

You denied shaking your head.

- He is Leo… – you classmate announced as if you had to know him, but when she saw your lack of reaction she proceeded to explain – he is problem. I heard his dad is a convict and he even fought with a teacher.

Her terrified expression transmitted to you, as you realized what could have happened to you moments ago.

- Then why is he free now? Shouldn’t he be in jail or something? – you asked raising an eyebrow.

- The teacher didn’t press charges against him.

“That’s so stupid. Who’d do that?” you thought but keep it to yourself in order not to offend you fellow classmate.

- You shouldn’t get close to him.

 

 

- Leo! Good morning! – Hakyeon greeted his only friend with a bright smile but as usual the younger boy didn’t reply – what happened? You seem to have a darker aura than usual…

Leo glared at him, but then took out his phone and showed it to his friend.

- w-w-w-whaaaat? How? – his eyes doubled their size at the sight of the broken object that was Leo’s most precious possession.

- I bumped into someone… well, it was her fault for not looking where she is walking, and it fell.

- And is she going to pay for the damage?.

- Nah, she didn’t even realized it was broken. The insurance will cover it… I hope so.

- Aish! That’s why people never learn, you should have made her pay – N nagged at him.

Leo rolled his eyes and hit his overreacting friend’s shoulder.

- let’s go, class is about to start – he started to walk across the parking lot when a car caught his attention.

- what? – N followed his friend’s gaze to the girl driving the car and her partner.

- Don’t tell me you have a crush on that girl? – N teased his friend with mischievous grin on his face

- N-No…I don’t – he stuttered failing to deceive his friend, who only raised an eyebrow in disbelief – aish, ok…I find her pretty but out of my league. Besides, she has a boyfriend.

- But that guy is only playing with her – N declared – probably… I’ve seen him with a lot of girls in the last couple of months… want me to find out her name?

- Whatever… she is out of my league. I am not going to waste my time - Leo answered.

- Why? If it’s you, you’ll never dare to even talk to her! – The older guy insisted too much only getting in Leo’s nerve.

- cut it out, Hakyeon! – Leo roared and glared at him who froze out of fear. He was serious and Hakyeon knew it.

Leo was taken aback by his own reaction and tried to apologize but N didn’t let him, he only patted his shoulder and kept walking beside him. The air was so dense that both of them felt their throats closing up but the mood changed as soon as Leo’s phone announced a notification had arrived, he took out his phone and tried to see it from the part of the screen that wasn’t crashed, but it was useless.

- You can use mine – Hakyeon suggested reaching out his phone to Leo.

Leo took it and logged in Hakyeon’s phone.

User3021 sent you a friend request.

- is she really a stalker? – Leo gave a snort – no one is supposed to add other people in this group. Should I report her?

- The “mysterious girl” again? Why don’t you just block her? – Hakyeon looked at the phone intrigued.

- But she might be of use… - Leo smirked – I’ll add her when I feel like it.

- Don’t play hard to get… you might end up regretting it.

Both entered the classroom and focused in the lessons, when first period was over Leo remembered to give Hakyeon’s phone back, but he forgot one important thing you should do when you log in on a friend’s phone: log out.

- I’m going to the cafeteria – Leo stood up – do you need anything?

- No, I’m fine. You go first – Hakyeon responded – looking at his phone.

Leo left and Hakyeon opened the FB app that was logged on with friend’ account.

- Ups! – he faked and smiled – pressed the “accept” button by mistake.

Then he logged out before Leo came back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi everyone! This is the first author note of this story: D

How is it? Do you like it so far? I hope so…

I’ve wanted to write this story since some time ago but I waited until Giving up on you was in the last stages so I wouldn’t be burdened with too many stories and end them with a crappy final.

This story was originally going to be a high school drama (that’s why the cover image is like that) but in the end I decided to made it a “university drama” (does that even exist?) to match the characters age and events.

I’ll try to update as fast as I can…

Thank you very much for reading, subscribing, comment and upvote. I really appreciate it and get happy when I read comments! 

JungAidee