45 part 1

The Dragon and The Lion


Leo went back to school like normal, just getting a few more glances from his fellow students because of his bruised face. He would ignore them but Hakyeon glared and snapped back at them, asking them what were they looking at.

He spotted you walking on the hall across the patio, a little too far away for him to call you so instead he messaged you.

User9011: you look pretty today.

You looked around until you spot him and Hakyeon on the other hall, you saw him even though the roses in the middle of the patio obstructed your view because of their height. Oposite to his sweet message, his face showed just a small smirk while Hakyeon waved his arms in the air with a big grin, you mimic his gestures and started to reply.

User3021: you look quite well yourself too 😛

Leo scoffed, and left the message on 'seen' before starting walking again. Your jaw dropped and it was you who scoffed then.

"Is he offended that easily?" Your eyebrows sky rocketed.

Hakyeon followed Leo to the classroom and took his usual seat next to him, who was taking out his ipad and notebook.

"Soooo...last night, when I walked her home... Do you want to know what we talked about?" He sassilly asked.

His younger friend rolled his eyes and huffed "you are going to tell me anyways"

"She asked me about you previous girlfriends"

"What?" Leo looked at him with wide eyes "what did you tell her?"

"Not so fast, first you tell me, what happened?" He clicked his tongue three times.

"Cha Hakyeon!" Leo nagged

"Fair exchange, my friend"

"Why do you want to know? Are you a ert?"

"Is there anything to be a ert about?" He wiggled his eyebrows

"Cha Hakyeon!"

Leo was starting to get impatient and hakyeon could read perfectly his friends expressions, it was obvious for him that something must have happened, if not Leo wouldnt be that flustered.

"Alright" the older guy sighed "I told her about her. Not details though and she didnt ask any further"

Leo's face got paler in a second "you did what?" His voice came out as thin as a tread.

Hakyeon was not able to answer because the professor walked through the door., the class had begun.

"Today we are going to do an analysis about The Ballet Class by Degas as one of the most representative works of Impressionism" the middle aged man announced.

'the subject is not helping at all, professor' Hakyeon thouhgt, taking a glimpse at Leo who looked a little bit uncomfortable but was doing his best hiding that his mind had already traveled 2 years back in the past to a ballet classroom.

Her small frame was lightened up by the sun coming from the large windows as she practiced her coreography and a younger version of Leo sitting on the floor looked at her with eyes full of admiration but in a flash his mind moved to a dark cold night, he was running desperately with a rose bouquet in his hand trying to make it on time to the girl's place but the image he saw made him stop on his tracks: his girlfriend was being hugged and kissed on the forehead by a guy he didn't know. she smiled at him before realizing Leo was watching them just a few steps away.

"Leo" the girl said surprised making some space between her and the guy next to her "why are you here? I thought you were working"

He stepped forward with a hurt look "today is your birthday so I got off work earlier, I didnt want you to spend it alone" his eyes moved away from her to the man of stylish appeareance who looked just as confused as him "I was wrong" he tossed down the flowers with a bitter smile before turning around.

"Leo, wait" she tried to stop him but he didnt turn back to look at her and continued walking.

He was so into his memories that hakyeon had to tap him on the shoulder to warn him from the professor frowning stare.
 

The day of the art exhibition arrived; neither you or him had bring the ex-girlfriend topic up, it was too awkward for either of you to mention it.

It was almost time for leo to pick you up, therefore you were giving the final touch to your make up before sliding in your black cocktail dress and spraying some perfume around you. You tried to look as best as you could not only because it was a great chance to meet people related to your career path but since mrs wu was the organizer then maybe charlotte was going to be there and they say "you should dress everyday like you are going to meet your worst enemy". kris most likely wasnt going to be there, he had never been the kind of person who would attend an art event.

Your phone buzzed om your bed and a notification popped up. You put your pearl earings on and checked the message.

User9011: not to sound creeppy but what color is your dress?

User3021: black, like my soul.

User9011: then i dont think i can match it. See you in 10 minutes.

After semding that, Leo took his white shirt off and put a black shirt and blazer on, no necktie and hair pulled back. A casual but chic look.

He invited hakyeon but he said he was going to pass, he didnt want to meet anyone related to his father or the world he was supposed to belong in. Regardless of leo's negatives he insisted of being informed of everything the day after that.

He was punctual as usual, his car was in front of your house exactly 10 minutes after he send that message. You said goodbye to your brother, who was cautiously spying trough the blinders and got in Leo's car before he could open the door as he planned.

he took a glimpse at you and smiled without you noticing; you took a glimpse at him and he took your breath away without noticing. you made small talk from time to time and the topic moved to what kind of art pieces was Kris' mother more interested in.

"Do you think she knows that you know her son?" you asked

"I think she assumes everyone at school knows her son, but I dont think she is aware her son knows me" he replied focusing on the road

...

both of you arrived at the event that was already getting crowded, what caught your attention was the large amount of reporters present. 

Leo noticed your nervousness and softly placed his hand on your back to lead you around the people but it didn't have any calming effect.

"Don't worry; no one is paying attention to us" 

"I know, I just dont like crowded places"

"me neither. lets just bear it for a while, okay?"

"Okay"

you heard the sound of heels clacking on the floor getting closer and stopping behind you.

"There you are" Mrs. Wu greeted Leo with a wide smile that dropped as soon as you turned around ad she could see your face. of course, that didn't escape his sharp eyes.

"Thank you for inviting me" he politely nodded and his hand moved to your shoulder "this is my girlfriend"

Leo looked proud as her face fell even lower and you where having a mental breakdown. Had he just said girlfriend? Since when?

" I know you" she faked a smile but the venom on her tone was clear as ice "you are Kris' friend, the one in the arts department, right?"

you wondered if Kris had told her that or if they've been keeping an eye on you.

"yes, mam"

"this world is surprisingly short isn't it?"

"indeed"

"well, I'm glad to see that you moved on" she eyed Leo but then her eyes moved past him "oh, there your are"

Kris' father stood next to his wife and looked at you from head to toe. Leo's jaw tensed but no one noticed.

"what is she doing here?" he crudely asked

"dear, remember that painting I bought the other day, the one you liked" the older woman showed her bright teeth and pointed at Leo "Well, Mr. Jung here helped me win it at an online auction"

"nice to meet you, that was a wonderful piece of art you got" he reached out his hand to greet Leo.

"Thank you, sir. she is my girlfriend and colleague"

the man had the same reaction as his wife just a moment before.

"well, I hope you enjoy the event. if you, excuse us, I need to greet another guest"

"of course" you and leo nodded politely.

Leo removed his hand from you back and avoided looking you in the eye. It was better to not mention what just happned and move on.

You both continued looking the artworks around, greeting people from time to time. one of them was a distinguished lady, she seemed very nice and polite,  that contrasted Kris' family. Her skin tight beige dress and perfectly done hair made you envious for a second but she didn't emanate the aura of a show off person. like, she was naturally beautiful.

"mao suzuki,nice to meet you" she greeted you with a bussiness-like smile "Leo was an intern at my start up last year"

"I see, was he a good intern?"

"better than that. I think we were able to stablish the company because of his efforts but sadly he didnt want to join us to focus on his studies and look at him, he started his own bussiness now" she grined at him, her voice hid a resentful tone.

Leo looked a little bit flatered.

"well, if you need another intern; she is available and I think she is as good as me. she is also on the scholarship alumni" 

the woman's face brightened up as she looked at you.

"that's great, we'll be holding interviews on next monday" she handed you her bussiness card "hope to see you there. Now, if you excuse, I have to go look for my husband"

when she was gone, you stared at Leo.

"what?"

"thank you. that was fast" you said

"I just lent you a hand; the rest is up to you. and if it's the same as before then it's a paid internship so you won't have to drop off school or to find a job"

Your jaw dropped to the floor. was that lady sent straight from heaven just like Leo? Did you save a country on your previews life?

"I don't even know how to thank you...Leo?" 

His eyes were drawn to a beautiful girl walking trough the main entrance, her arm linked to a man. Leo's face got paler and his eyes darker at every second that passed by.

You followed her graceful steps and as if it was some kind of cosmical joke; they stopped in front of the people you were least expecting to see that night. Charlotte and Kris.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Well, I don't have much to say today but I hope you liked the chapter :)

I decided to show a profile picture of myself  on Wattpad after all these years!

I'm making a playlist for when I write this story, any suggestions?

thank you all ♥♥