53.

The Dragon and The Lion

Kris stayed in your house for two hours playing games at the living room, silently watching you do your homework, taking whatever he wanted from the fridge, he ignored every call no matter if it was Charlotte, his father, mother, in-laws, assistant, lawyer

There was only one call he took and it was from Luhan.

"Where are you?" your friend asked as soon as he placed his phone on his ear.

"I'm in japan right now. How are things over there"

"As ugly as we expected but don't worry, they didn't show your face on the videos. Just don't talk to charlotte until this all calms down a little, okay?"

"I know, but where are you? why are you so calm?"

"You must have had already figured that out, right? this is the only place where I can be at peace"

"Is she okay?"

"I think so. Are you okay?"

"Just a little nervous; you know my face or name will get out soon and there'll be no force that can stop the wu or the kim family from finding me" Luhan's voice sounded hoarse.

"I'll take care of everything. After all, I got you in this mess"

"Not entirely, it was also my fault. Do you think Charlotte is going to abort the baby?"

"No; she is not that much of a monster"

"right. well, I gotta go, my taxi is here"

"yeah, me too I better get going, I don't want my father coming here to look after me"

Just when he ended the call, your doorbell rang. Kris flinched a little.

You stood up from you seat but kris said he'd get it fearing it was his father's men. He took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Wha..."

He found Leo, carrying a pink roses bouquet.

"Well, this is unexpected" Leo raised his eyebrows. His voice was neutral even though he felt a sharp stung of jealousy in his chest.

The idea of slamming the door on Leo's face crossed kris' mind but it was not his home.

"What are you doing here?"

"This is my girlfriend's house"

Those words were a direct punch from Leo to Kris.

Your head popped out from behind a wall, as you tried to know who it was since kris was taking too long.

"Leo!" you beamed out to welcome him.

He smiled at your reaction and reached out the bouquet for you.

Kris looked at the scene with a disgusted face and smashed the flowers down before you could grab them.

You and leo looked at him with your mouths open.

"There was a bee" he shrugred

The lion rolled his eyes.

You quickly picked up the roses and moved aside so leo could enter.

"I was thinking we could do something today" he glanced at the other man standing next to you "but it's alright we can leave it for later"

You felt bad for Leo but as Kris' friend you couldnt leave him alone.

"Yes...but, you can stay here with us"

Of course Leo was planning to stay, wether you invited him or not.

"I am not nice enough to leave her alone with this guy. I don't trust him"Β he said to himself.

You could almost touch the growing tension between those two when they were seating in your living room; kris was pretending to watch tv while was on his phone.

He send a message to Hakyeon about the situation.

User9011: abort the mission πŸ˜’

Hackyeon: why? 😱

User9011: the blonde is here

Hackyeon: 😱😱😑😑 what the hell is he doing there? Kick him out!

User9011: probably hiding. Cancel everything now.

Hackyeon: roger that! πŸ‘Œ

Hakyeon, who was at a gift shop wrapping a medium size box, sighed loudly.

"I guess he'll have to wait a little longer to confess" he said to no one.

Meanwhile, Kris took his phone to check the stock-market; as he had expected, Kim and Wu's stocks were plumping down.

He looked at you and caught you stealing a glance at Leo, the same way you used to glance at him and he felt really jealous of him. Not the usual childish/posessive kind of jealousy he had felt every time he saw you together but this time he felt envious that you could all be in silence yet it didnt feel awkward at all unlike the time you were together and you seemed to have to be talking all the time because you were nervous.

A buzz from his phone got him out of thoughts.

"Mrs charlotte is here"

The brown haired man felt his stomach flipping 180 degrees when he read that message, still he gulped down and stood up.

"I better get going" he said surprising you and leo with his serious attitude.

"now? where?" you asked, standing from your seat.

"To face reallity" Kris avoided looking you in the eyes "I'll call you later okay?" his voice sounded like he was really tired all of a sudden.

Leo looked at him taken a back.

"Kris, are you okay?"Β 

He tried to form a crooked smile but failed miserably.

Your friend took one long step and reached out to grab the back of your head to pull you closer, it happened so fast that you couldnt pull back before he kissed your forehead.

Your boyfriend froze for a second but Kris was already closing the door.

....

Charlotte arrived at her father's office after getting just one call.

"The time won't change the outcome" he had told kris trough a message that he ignored.

The valet parking opened her door and greeted her way too polietly but some of them couldnt hide their accusing eyes, she tried to avoid them.

"Miss kim..." one of her father's assistants stood up.

Charlotte glared at her with more intensity than needed.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Wu...it's just..."

"I won't get you fired" she coldly said and stepped into the office which was bigger than kris' dad.

Her mother and in-laws were present too.

She gulped down as she got closer to the large table, her feet were heavy as concret. All eyes on her.

"Where's kris?" charlotte broke the silence.

"Shouldn't you know that, he is your husband" kris mother attacked.

'Im his wife not his babysitter'Β the girl with the light colored eyes thought.

"He hasn't replied any of my messages or calls"

"He must be so hurt, right now" the original mrs wu striked back.

Mrs. Kim shot her a glare.

"Well, well, let's calm down" mr wu said in a pacific tone and looked at charlotte with a fake sweet smile "Is true that you are pregnant?"

"yes" she imitated the man's gesture "just a few weeks though"

The adults face lighted up a whole lot. Except Mrs. Wu.

"And how can you we be sure that it's actually Kris' baby" the middle aged woman, wearing expensive clothes and had the same look of the dragon in her eyes, placed her tea cup on the table "are we forgeting that video?"

"I know it may be difficult to believe due to that video but I've had only been with my husband. The man on the video was just a mistake"

"So you are admiting you cheated on Kris"

"Just once"

"And I'm curious about the identity of that man?" this time Mr Wu questioned.

Charlotte's considered revealing Luhan's name for a moment but deep in her heart something told her not to.

"he's no one. I just met him at a club... and we met once after that"

Her father stood up and walked toward her daughter with eyes full of anger.

No one, absolutely no one expected the usually calm and composed Mr Kim to slap his daughter so hard the sound of his hand against her cheek was heard troughout the office.

Everyone gasped, including charlotte, whose face was turned to the other side because of the strenght.

"what where you thinking?!" the man said trough clenched teeth "you risked everything just for that! you ..."

"dear, calm down, please" mrs kim begged

Her eyes were bloodshot red just as her cheeks
Β 

"you can't talk about one night stands father" charlotte spited.

Β Just when the paling man was about to say something, the doors opened and the dragon stepped in.

"Sorry, I was a little bit busy" he crossed the room with long, firm steps.

Everyone scanned his face because something was off. It was as if he had lost his old sparkle, now his eyes looked dull.

"So...without further delay let's solve this problem" Kris stared at his wife.