39.

The Dragon and The Lion

Hakyeon greeted Leo with a wide smile as soon as he spotted him entering the coffee shop.

"everything okay?" he asked when his friend was sitting in front of him.

"no" Leo let out a groan.

Hakyeon didn't expected that answer so he was at a loss of words for a second

"what happened? Do you still have your scholarship?

"yeah, but I just met an annoying person"

"Say no more, I can tell who you are talking about: the blondie"

Leo nodded.

"Did he say something?!" Hakyeon got defensive even clenching his teeth "That..."

Leoo shook his head no "he was being the same as always"

Hakyeon tsk three times dissapointed "you have the upper hand now"

The waitress brought their coffees when the news on the cafe's tv caught Hakyeon's attention.

The tv showed Charlotte and Kris arriving at the airport l. The same images you saw before.

"They look happy" he sarcastically said

Leo scoffed so loud for his standards that hakyeon doubted he heard him right.

"Serves him right" leo said under his breath,looking down to his coffee.

"Looks like someone step out of bed with the wrong foot"

"No. It's just ... Something"

"Hoho... Something you say

Leo remained in silent thougt for a few minutes. Hesitating about what his friend's reaction would be like, he was almost sure that hakyeon will make a fuss out of it but he wanted to hear his advice since Hakyeon could understand girls than him.

"It's okay. I get it. You wont open your mouth. I know" hakyeon said defeated.

"I kissed her" he blurted the truth.

Hakyeon blinked twice looking at Leo with widen eyed and parted lips.

"You did what?" Hakyeon gaped

That was clearly a reaction leo wasnt expecting.

"you heard me"

"Oh...my....god" Hakyeon covered his mouth dramatically "how did she react"

Leo averted his eyes from his friend, hesitating about confesing his crime. but it was too late to back down.

"I don't think she knows"

Hakyeon's eyes got even bigger as he gasped louder.

"you little... oh my god!!" he squealed, earning a light jab from Leo "was she sleeping?"

The black haired boy cheeks and ears flashed bright red, he looked wanting the floor to open and eat him.

Hakyeon cleared his troath in a dramatic way, just the way he was.

"I'll admit you have guts friend....ouch!" he rubbed his arm after embarrased Leo hit him harder this time "but can you do it when she is awake?"

Leo was about to reply when he noticed Hakyeon grinning way too much looking to the shop's entrance. He followed his line of vision and his heart dropped to the floor when he saw you walking towards them.

He glared at his friend who feigned innocence.

"oh, hi" you smiled and took a seat next to Hakyeon who smiled back at you while Leo shiffted uncomfrotably on his seat, avoiding any eye contact with you.

"How are you doing?" Hakyeon asked concerned

"I'm alright" you sounded as if you tried to convince yourself but they didnt say it "so, to what do we own the honor?"

"It's my birthday" hakyeon clapped and smiled

You gaped "but facebook..." you didnt remeber to have gotten a notification about it.

"Don't worry" Hakyeon patted your head just like a big brother would "i understand. We just met, BUT!..." his sweet smile soon became a scary frown as he turned to see Leo "... I can't forgive a certain person..."

Leo looked down trying his very best not to laugh.

"And you still dare to laugh!?" Hakyeon questioned dramatically.

Leo, still trying not to laugh, got something from him bag and throw it to Hakyeon, who caught it with one hand with the reflex of a pro beisball player.

"i didnt forget, idiot" He muttered.

"Happy birthday" you and leo said at the same time unintentionally. He finally looked at you and smiled.

" thank you, thank you"  N was flattered, fanning himself with his hands.

He carefully opened the little box wrapped with a red tinny ribbon. Inside it was a black expensive looking  watch. It had a modern yet classic look to it and you thought that it would probably look too big in a girl but it was perfect for someone as tall as hakyeon or leo.

You remebered hakyeon posted a picture  of it on facebook like a month ago; so leo did paid attention to his news feed.

" i'll take back what i just said " he chirped " you are the best friend ever... Well besides me, of course"

Leo punched him again.

" excuse me, i will be right back" you stood up and walked to the restroom. Once in there you took your phone and quickly typed a message to leo " dont order without me"

What is his favorite cake?

Leo replied in seconds.

User9011: Whipped cream cake. Should i fake i dont know any of this?

You: please 😊🙏

You sneaked to the display at the entrance of the store without them noticing, well at least not hakyeon who was enjoying drinking his coffee, while Leo eyed you for a second.

"Can I have that, please?" you pointed at a white whipped cream with big strawberry's on top. you also asked for three large candles and so you took the already decored cake to your table.

When leo spotted you behind hakyeon he didnt try to hide his smiling face that gave him away making his friend finally turn around to face you.

You started singing happy birthday a little bit embarrased but Leo helped you singing in a low voice until the waiters joined you clapping and cheering at the end of the song. Hakyeon's face was a mix between embarasment, happines snd joy, he was smiling from ear to ear.

" thank you" he grinned " really, thank you" for a second it looked like he was about to cry but he did his best to keep smiling

When everyone was dissmised you sat next to him again .

" i'm sorry i didnt prepare  a proper gift "

He was focused on cutting the cutting the cake in prefect triangles ( leo rolled his eyes) that it took him a few seconds to answer " actually , there is something I want and you can give me" he said wiggling his eyebrows suggestively earning another smack from leo. He got hit a lot even though it was his birthday but he didnt look like minded at all.

" what is it?" You didnt answer as he wanted to his enuendo

"you see, I have something to do right after this so I won't be able to spend the day with Leo like always but I'd really appreciate it if you take my place.

Leo glared at Hakyeon but then he looked at you as if waiting for your answer; there was no way you could have said no to that stare. it was just like he was trying to force you to accept but at the same time he was affraid you'd reject it.

How could he be so enigmatic?

You swallowed and hesitated "sure".

"Yay!" hakyeon clapped "then let's eat" he said as he gave you a piece of cake.

After Hakyeon left you and Leo sat there awkwardly eating the rest of the cake, he'd scroll down his facebook from time to time but it was clear he didnt intend to start a conversation any time soon.Maybe he was upset for what you said this morning, you felt guilty.

"so you actually check your facebook" you awkwardly commented.

"yeah, so?" he ddint look at you, his eyes focused on his phone.

"Nothing. I just thought you weren't into facebook"

There was no answer.

You sighed in deafeat, getting enough of the awkward silence.

"Why are you angry?"

Leo finally looked up at you, no trace of emotion in his eyes.

"I'm not angry"

"Sure you arent " you rolled your eyes and for a moment you catch a glimpse of a smile on his face "then why are you being like this?" you whinned.

"like what? I'm just being my usual self since I don't want to pressure in any way" the edge on his voice made it clear: he was mad.

you gasped in your mind.

"I didnt mean it like that" you tried to apologize.

"Sure you didnt" ouch. right back at you.

You were at a loss for words when you got a notification.

Hack-yeon: how is it going?

You: he is angry at me. what can I do to make him happy?

Hack-yeon: tsk tsk! D: Leo can hold grudges for a long looooong time, its not easy to make him happy again.

You screamed internally. And in the mean time Leo got the same message from his friend.

Hack-yeon: how is it going?

User9011: just fine.

Hack-yeon: you little evil thing! Don't make her suffer like that. >.< 

User9011: but I'm having fun.

He put his phone on his pocket and stood up. your heart dropped to the floor thinking that he was going to leave like that.

"Leo, I'm sorry!!" you blurted out; a few costumers and staff looked at you for a second. and an embarrased Leo smiled at you.

"I'm just going to order another coffee" he grinned and headed to the counter.

you wanted the ground to open and eat you but that wasnt possible so you were left there with you bright red face and ears.

Leo was back after a few minutes, he was holding two cups of coffee with him. You automatically reached out to grab one but he moved it away slyly.

"I bought two because I couldnt decide" he said ignoring your face turning purple.

He finally noticed you glaring at him "what?"

"I get it, okay? You are angry because I rejected you"

"I told you, I'm not angry" he sighed "you think I'm angry because I'm not acting like before but right now I'm trying to see you as just a friend so stop making it hard for me"

he was good at leaving you speechless.

" stop apologizing"

you only nodded

His eyes were locked on yours for a long minute, your heart started racing without your conscent.

The ice-cold silence was broken when Leo snorted, lowering his head to hide the wide smirk on his face.

"You!" you acused him. It suddenly felt hotter than before.

"Your face" he laughed quietly. So leo-like "sorry"

"Did you and hakyeon planned this all along?"

"No he didnt know a thing. I just wanted to know if you cared for me at all"

You huffed as if your soul had returned to your body.

"You almost gave me a heart attack"

"Sorry. This for you" he gave you one of the cups he bought. It was a latte.

"Thank you" you took a sip "but you have to admit tou were a little but angry"

"I was" he didnt hesitate "who wouldnt? And somehow we ended up hanging out thanks to Hakyeon" he drank from his cup.

"I know right? He is evil"

"He just does what he want" leo shruggred.

Leo's phone rang all of a sudden, you didnt intend to look but there was a selfie of him with a pretty girl on the screen.

"Excuse me" he got up and walked a little bit far to take the call.

You couldnt supress the uneasy feeling crawling up your chest.

---------------------_-----_________--------______------____--

Hello everyone! How was this chapter? I hope you liked it. It may have lots of typos because I wrote it on my phone.

Guess what?! I am going to EXO's concert in Dallas 😀😊🎉 but Im also sad because my Internet went down the moment of the ticket sale and I got tickets really far from the stage 😢

It's been a year since I finished giving up on you... I will try to upload a special chapter if I have the chance

Oh! Lastly, I finally created the story for Kai and JB. now I will edit a video.

Stay tunned!

Love you ❤