43.

The Dragon and The Lion

You mentally prepared yourself before getting the courage to finally ring the doorbell and waited balancing on your feet.

A minute had passed but there was no answer, until you heard some noises of objects falling to the floor and rushed steps coming from behind the door.

"Yes?" Leo’s voice came out from the intercom.

"It's me" you answered back pressing the button with your right hand and the other grabbing the gem of your shirt.

A minute had passed but there was no answer, until you heard some noises of objects falling to the floor and rushed steps coming from behind the door.

There was a moment of silence before he opened the door. You gasped, his face was paler than usual and the bruises looked darker than before even though some of them were already fading off.

"Hey..." he sounded exhausted but his eyes were wide in surprise "what are you doing here? How did you know where..." He stopped and rolled his eyes "Hakyeon...that little...." He cursed under his breath.

"Sorry, but I insisted because I wanted to know how you're doing" you tried to protect the boy.

"For real?" Something lightened up in Leo's tired eyes, he tried his best to hide a smile forming on his face with his hand but you still got a glimpse of it.

And it was enough to make your heart throb like crazy.

"Don’t get to full of yourself" you averted your eyes, the tips of your ears turning red "just because I feel responsible"

"Whatever" he moved away from the door to let you in.

The scent of recently made coffee mixed with man's cologne hit you as soon as you stepped on the living room. The place was not extremely neat, there was papers scattered on the table and used coffee mugs on the bar, but it had a high class air to it, just like his sister's house.

"uhmm..." He scratched the back of his neck as he stood next to you "it's not usually this messy i just don't feel like cleaning today"

"It's okay. It’s cleaner than my room, though"

He smiled slightly and walked to the kitchen that was just behind the bar, you noticed he was dragging his feet "do you want something to drink? I've got water, coke, Lipton tea"

"Tea, please"

He took a bottle of iced tea and gave it to you before opening one for himself. As he gulped it down, you noticed he was wearing stay-in clothes, dark blue sweatpants and a white t-shirt, his black hair was a bit messy on his forehead but still he managed to look al stylish. Then, it was you who gulped down.

"You should sit down" he said as he stumbled over the sofa. he really looked worn out.

"You should be resting" you mocked him and took a seat next to him.

"How can I rest when you are here?" he said to himself as he scanned you without you noticing "calm yourself down, Jung taekwoon"

"Did I miss something at school?" he asked.

"Oh, right. Hakyeon sent you this" you took a set of copies of today's class notes out of your bag "he said there's a test tomorrow that you shouldn't miss"

Leo took the papers and started reading them, mentally snickering at how old fashioned Hakyeon could be sometimes, like copying the notes instead of taking pictures.

"These bruises better disappear over the night" he muttered but you still heard him.

"Have you been treating them?"

He hesitated "nop" 

You sighed and rolled your eyes "they're not going to disappear like magic"

"What about a kiss?"  He said to himself.

"do you have some ice and a towel?" you took him out of his bubble.

"Ice is in the fridge and there are some napkins in one of the cabinets?" he answered still immersed on the papers.

You wrapped a few ice cubes with the cloth and hurried to Leo's side. You looked at him asking for permission to press the cold fabric against his bruised face and he looked away.

"I can do it myself" he blabbered as his cheeks turned slightly red.

"I'll do it while you study"

"How am I suppose to concentrate then?" he reached out his hand "give me, I'll do it"

"Nope" you snatched the pseudo cold press away.

Without noticing, you were getting on his competitive side.

He looked at you trough narrowed eyes. It could have been scary if he was really angry but he was holding a smile since you were just playing around.

"Okay, okay. I give up" you shrugged and handed the item to him.

He grinned victorious but you pulled it back as soon as he grabbed it. And maybe you used too much strength.

He stumbled forward ending in you pinned down on the couch, scattered sheets all over the floor and a pair of wide eyes staring back at you dangerously close.

Time stayed still long enough for you to scrutinize his chiseled face, long eyelashes, and pink colored full lips. The position you were in made it more obvious the difference between you bodies' sizes.

Yes, you realized Leo was very attractive in his own mysterious way.

His eyes flickered and he moved away from you "you are stronger than you look" he nervously laughed, taking the ice and pressing it on his wounds.

"uhm...yeah"

Both of your hearts were racing nonstop, and he had to inhale and exhale to calm down a little without you noticing.

"So...” your voice came out louder "aren’t you hungry? I'm starving"

"Pizza?" he asked reaching out for his phone on the table.

"Pizza"

He was on the phone ordering the food and you started collecting the copies from the floor. and placed the on the table where something caught your eyes: a envelope that had Kris' family logo. you heart stopped; was Kris suing Leo about what happened?

Leo ended the call and noticed you staring at the object.

"Oh, that..." he started to explain.

"This is my fault!" you snapped "I'll go talk to Kris and tell him to drop the charges?" you shout frantically, your hands running through your hair.

"What?" Leo looked at you confused "that's not..."

"I'll go right now! And he'll hear me!" you started walking to the door but Leo grabbed you by the shoulders and make you turn around to face him.

"That’s not it!" his seriousness didn’t last long before he laughed covering his mouth

"What?!" you asked confused

"You were so worked up, like you were going to hit that guy to death" he said trying to stop his laughter that stopped after he fanned himself with his hand “that letter is not from him or his lawyer but his mother. I haven’t told you this, but I've got an art trading start up, Hakyeon also helps me manage it, and Mrs. Wu is one of our most recent costumers so she invited us to an art exhibition that she is hosting"

"Wow, that's amazing..." you said dumbfounded

he nodded proud of himself "so..." he prolonged that more than needed "I was thinking...maybe...just maybe" he looked down to his feet, and his voice was soft and almost unbearable "you'd like to go with me. You don't have to, if you don't want to" he immediately added.

you stared at him wide eyed. 

"Of course, I'd love to" you smiled but your mind was already thinking that meeting Kris' family was going to be very awkward.

"Don't worry I won't let them mess with you"

"You hit her son"

"I don't think she knows, we're grown up men; we won't tell our moms" he smirked.

"Kris can be very immature when it comes to use his family power, you know"

He sighed "can we stop talking about him?! it's making me feel worse, like you still love him" he pouted.

Did you? You realized then that if it was before you'd tell Leo that you loved Kris to not get his hopes up but at that moment the answer wouldn’t come out of your mouth. Was it because he was injured? No, it wasn’t.

"Okay"

"Come" he gestured with his hand for you to join him at the table where he was opening his laptop "I'll show you what our business is like"

You and him were so into admiring and talking about the art pieces, Leo was explaining everything with so much detail and interest that it made you look up to him, professionally speaking. That was until the door bell rang again, the pizza had arrived.

He tried his best not to devour it as soon as you opened the box, but without realizing it he had already eaten half of the whole circle while you were looking for a movie, which was an action movie this time. You eyed him every time a hot girl appeared on the screen but his face remained unchanged; however, a PG-18 scene appeared all of a sudden, almost making you spit the coke you were drinking.

Before you could turn away, his hand covered your eyes blocking the screen but you could catch a glimpse of Leo's face turning bright red. His hand was as soft as yours but his temperature was higher.

"Do you have a fever?"

"no" he quickly tried remove his hand from you but you held it inside yours and to confirm it, you touched his forehead that was burning.

He backed off a little and you thought you were invading his personal space (not like he hadn’t invaded yours before) but he was being shy.

"I'll get you some medicine"

"I already took it before you arrived" he pointed out to some pills on the bar. he looked at you and gulped his shyness down his throat.

"Then, some ice..."

"Just stay still” he pressed his forehead against yours; his eyes closed as he let out a shaky breathe "you head is cold, it feels nice" he held your shoulders to keep you still,

Your mind was a mess, like every neuron crashing against each other at full speed; the noise of the movie disappeared all of a sudden from the background and all you could hear was your heart beating mixed with his breathing.

Why was he being like that? Was he that sick? Should you push him away? Should you back off? More like, did you want to?

He softly sighed and you lost it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'll be updating on my birthday (May 8th) if this gets to 100 votes. I know it sound selfish but you know, it has 1K subs and only 65 votes, it's kind of fishy...

The concert is only 20 days away and I don't think I'm ready to see Leo upclose >///<

Thank you for all your comments and for being patient with my slow updates!

Meanwhile I'm writting the next part like:

 

Follow me on twitter: @monykaidee

Tumblr: lifeisnotafanfic.tumblr.com