5

The Dragon and The Lion

- You did it right?! You went through my phone and send friend requests right?! – you scolded your little brother who didn’t accept or deny it but it was so obvious that it was him. He just kept playing videogames. You sighed and turn around.

- Sorry – he mumbled – I won’t do it again.

- As long as you acknowledge it, it’s fine – you say pretending to be indignant, but smiled deep inside of you. You were really grateful that your brother hasn’t turned out to be a rebellious teenager like other kids his age – breakfast is ready…

He finally got up and smiled at you before going to the kitchen to set up the table while humming some videogame song. He was a cutie when he wanted to, you thought.

- Is Kris coming today? – he asked placing a fork on your usual seat.

- Maybe. You know that guy is unpredictable – you rolled your eyes.

You started eating and somehow, subconscious was waiting for Kris to show up at any minute which he did when you were about to finish your toast.

- Morning – he smiled and served himself a toast. He felt at home in your house so there was no need for formalities and awkward moments proper of being at a stranger’s place.

- Morning – you and your brother greeted back in unison.

- Did you do something bad? – he hushed his voice towards your brother – she seems …well, no in her usual good mood.

- I can hear you! – you yelled trying to suppress your smile – and yeah, because this brat went adding people to my facebook. Thank goodness it was the account I use for school.

- The what’s the big deal? – Kris raised an eyebrow not really interested.

- Nothing, it’s just that I don’t like people going through my stuff. I’m worried that person might think I’m a weirdo…

- You are – they both cut you off. Then Kris sighed and looked at you.

- It’s not like he or she knows who you are so what does it matter? – he made a carefree gesture with his hand.

He clearly made a point, maybe you were over reacting, but you couldn’t help it, you grew up being like overly cautious taking care of your brother and yourself.

 - But he/she accepted the request! – you snapped and Kris almost spit the orange juice he was drinking.

- w-what? – he stuttered – why don’t you just block him? –he raised his voice a little bit more aggressive than he wanted.

- Him? – you asked

- Yeah! I’m sure it is a guy!

You heard your brother chuckle and mutter something like “jelly much?” but you decided to let it go but kris answered to it.

- Yeah…well, a little – he looked to the table and for a moment he looked what seemed flustered.

- WHAT? – both, you and your brother’s eye widened.

- If you need something just come to me or text me. You shouldn’t go talking to some random people; you don’t know what he could be thinking or doing… - he unfinished the phrase when he saw your disgusted expression – sorry.

- Guess you are right - You sighed and took your phone – I’ll block him, but maybe it is a girl…

Kris looked at you with a funny expression like “if-you know-what-I-mean”. You had to stop yourself from laughing, then you tried to unlock your phone screen but it didn’t turn on.

- Why? It was okay this morning – you panicked.

- Maybe it’s because it fell yesterday – your brother added – omg, and the guarantee expired last month… - you shrugged in a weak attempt to live up your mood – just my luck…

 

 

- Leo! – Hakyeon walked out of breath after his friend – wait!... I’m sorry okay? I know I did wrong.

Leo stomped outside the building, frowning and ignoring his elder’s pleading, trying to focus on something else. Usually he would just plug in his earphones and the whole world would disappear but he had taken it to get repaired. The chase continued for a few minutes until he grow tired of Hakyeon’s voice ringing on his ear and getting everyone’s attention; he stopped in his tracks and turned around almost making Hakyeon smack on his chest.

- fine! – he unusually raised his voice but still sounded soft – but you know how shocked I was when I got home and logged in on my computer and “I” had accepted the  friend request, thought I had been hacked.

- You were hacked by “Hackyeon” – he tried to make a joke.

- Lame – Leo answered but it made him smile a little bit.

- So are we good now? You are not mad with me anymore? – Hakyeon looked at him with puppy eyes

- No – he huffed – I’m not. It’s not like it matters anyway, my profile is empty and if she talk to me, about other things than school, I’ll block her.

- How drastic… that’s why I told you, you’ll never get a girlfriend. You didn’t even tried to approach the girl in the car from yesterday – Hakyeon referred to the girl who was in the car with Kris yesterday.

- Cut it out! I told you I just thought she was pretty, but she looked like knucklehead so I don’t care about her…

- Then what about the one from FB? – Hakyeon snagged him with his elbow, wiggled his eyebrows.

- What about her? We are not even sure it’s a girl… - leo rolled his eyes

- what if she results to be a wonderful person!?

- You can add her if you want? You seem pretty interested in her …

- I just want to see my only friend happy – Hakyeon whined.

Leo ignored him hiding the fact he was happy to be called his only friendeven though Hakyeon was really sociable. He was heading to the library when he spotted you walking beside Kris, he remembered you were the culprit of breaking his phone. Hakyeon followed his eyes and looked at Kris instead of you.

- Isn’t that the guy that was with “THE GIRL” yesterday at the parking lot? – he asked – Now he is with a different girl? How shameless

- Now that you mention it, it’s him – he scanned Kris.

- You weren’t looking at him? – Hakyeon tilted his head.

- No, that girl was the one I bumped into, yesterday. – he answered and continued his way to the study room.

-ohh…wait! The one who broke your phone?! Why don’t you just go and charge it to her?

- Just because… - without saying anything else he opened the door and entered the library.

 

 

 

- Thank you for driving me to get my phone repaired – you said to Kris. You had the first two periods free because of teacher’s meeting, so you took the chance and went to the nearest store.

- No problem.

- By the way, what are you doing this w… - you started to say but were cut off.

- Kris! – a girl’s voice shouted from behind you and you heard heels getting closer to you. You mentally rolled your eyes annoyed – Hi! – the girl greeted you with the fakest of smiles but you smiled back as if nothing was wrong.

- Hey… - kris answered in his “cool guy tone”.

- You know, I was talking to my bestie just now, you know Luhan’s girlfriend, and she said we should totally go in a double date this Saturday. How does that sound – she clapped her hands and smiled.

You felt the urge to mock her ridiculous high-pitched voice but brush off the thought. Kris looked at you asking for approval.

- What were you going to say? – he asked you.

- Nothing important – you put on a grin – well, I’ll leave you two alone.

You ran out of the scene to hide your crushed heart, you felt humiliated. And there was one hour and a half until class started, you wondered around and decided to kill sometime in the library; what just happened wasn’t worth getting depressed over.