33.

The Dragon and The Lion

Kris was looking outside the window on the 17th floor of the luxurious hotel, owned by his family, to the city's skyline, sitting next to him was his fiance who was attentive to her mother's talk about the flowers picked for the wedding, but paying attention is not the same as enjoying the talk.

Images of past Christmas eves flashed on his mind: both baking a cake, exchanging gifts you and your brother eyes wide open as he brought home a huge and already cooked turkey. And also, images of him on the phone with other girls while you faked not to care that he interrupted your conversation to answer such calls.

"I was an " he said to himself.

He scanned the room for the 10th time and observed his father pouring down a glass of wine to his future in-law as his mother joined the other two woman in the joy of "organizing" a wedding. The waiters were expectant about every move they made; he could tell the sadness in their eyes and thought that it'd to spend that night working for some frivolous rich families instead of being home with the ones they loved. After all, you never know when it's going to be the last chance for something.

Then, it hit him really hard: that was the last Christmas Eve he would get to spend with you. The last chance he could act like a rebel teenager and stand up to his parents.

The sound of the chair opening turned everyone's heads towards him.

"I have to go" he announced and looked towards the manager of the hotel who was nearby "everyone is dismissed, let them go home"

"b...but" the plump man's eyes moved towards Kris father as if asking what to do.

"or you are fired" he hurried to add.

"hey! What do you think you are doing?" His dad raised his voice.

"What? Didn't you say this building is going to be mine once I get married? Then better get him used to my orders.

"You are not married yet"

"I basically am" he glared to him and the to Charlotte "but let's make this clear. I'm marrying her because I feel bad for her not because I love her or because you won"

That said, he stomped out of the room at full speed.

"What are you doing here?" your brother asked when he saw Kris standing at your doorway. He was carrying several gift bags.

"Is she here?" Kris turned around

"My sister? No, I thought she was with you.

The little boy snapped "So she got a new friend or what?"

The words punched Kris straight on his pride

"I don't think so" he hurried to answer trying to hide the edge on his voice.

"Well, I shouldn't be long until she comes back. Let's go inside, I'm freezing" he unlocked the door.

"Are you fighting again?" he said as he was taking off his jacket.

"No, why"

"haven't seen you around here for a while, and that only happens when you fight"

"we are not fighting...it's complicated. You'll understand when you are an adult"

If there's something a teenager hates, it's to be told that they are not adults yet

"It's because you are getting married that it's complicated. If you were man enough to stand against your father or give up your fortune for her then you could had been together long time ago" he nonchalantly answered as he poured down a glass of milk.

Kris' jaw dropped to the floor as your brother kept glaring at him for a few seconds before the sound of a car stopping made both of the turn towards the door.

"Maybe she came back?" your brother said.

Without replying, your friend stomped out of the house clearly not expecting to see you in a car with another man. He saw the panic in your eyes and the look Leo sent him before forcing you to look at him as if he was saying 'You're too late'

"Do you want to crush a wedding?"

"wh..."

You couldn't complete the question; his hand was in the back of your head pressing your face against his. Your first impulse was to push him away when his lips started to slowly move on yours. He was hesitating, waiting for your reply but you were too overwhelmed by his actions and the fact that Kris was watching you.

He took the only chance he'd probably get to kiss you before it was too late before you ran back to your lifelong friend.

Anxiety was building up fast inside Leo because of your lack of interest, he started regretting kissing you but it was too late to backtrack now. He was thinking how he ruined months of conversations just because of a hasty decision when you loosened up and let him kiss you.

He finally let you go but still looking at your eyes; the sound of Kris trying to open the door startled you but you didn't have the courage to face him.

"Hey... do you want to get off?" Leo asked.

You shook your head no.

"just drive"

"Then, lets go"

He ignited the engine and started driving almost dragging Kris on the street. You looked at him from the rearview mirror mixed feelings, a part of you felt guilty and bad towards him but the other one, the one that you didn't know you had was happy to finally be able to get back at him after everything he had put you through all those years.

"Are you okay?" Leo asked after a nerve wrecking silence "I'm sorry...about before"

"About what?"

"You know" his cheeks started to acquire a light red blush; it was noticeable even under the street lights "for kissing you like that. I swear I didn't plan that and I didn't want to pressure you like that and I understand if you think I'm a douche bag and don't want to know anything about me"

The speed he was talking with failed to hide his nervousness. The remembrance of the kiss made your cheeks burn.

"No!" your hasty reply startled him "I mean... I could have gotten off before but here I am, going to I somewhere I don't know with you.

He exhaled.

"So..." he dragged the words "Do you like me?"

"Leo" you rolled your eyes mentally reminding him about your earlier conversation about how you were standing still. But then why were you with him instead of Kris, in that moment.

"I had to try, okay?" he looked at you from the corner of his eyes and then paid attention to the road again "we are going to my friend's house just until your friend leaves"

"So why did you ask me if I wanted to crush a wedding? Do you have a plan?" you tried to sound not too exited in order to not hurt his feelings.

"it's not exactly a plan, it is exactly as it sound. We are going to stop him...by force"

"what?"

He stopped at a red light and looked at you.

"we are going to steal the bride...well, the groom" he stated with a grin on his face.

The car resumed its road again, pushing you back against your seat.

"we can go to jail because of that" you panicked "and you don't have a clean record"

"well, that is true but if everything ends up well you and him will thank me"

"Leo" you felt bad for him, willing to help you even though it would hurt him.

"Don't worry. I've made up my mind that if I can help you get you happiness then I will have no regrets" he cleared his throat "it's here. He can help us come up with a plan"

He dialed a number. For obvious reasons he wouldn't dare to go inside Hakyeon;s house.

"hey come out" he ordered and hung up.

Minutes later the door front door of the house was opened by a tall, tanned guy wrapped in giant scarf. His face immediately lightened up as he saw you, Hakyeon hurried up and got on the back seat.

"oh my gosh, it's you" he squealed and he grinned as if he had seen his favorite idol "the mysterious girl!"

You burst into laughter at the nickname and it spread to him, while Leo just smiled warmly at the scene.

"Hi, my name is Hakyeon" he formally introduced himself when he stopped laughing "Leo has told me a lot about y..." he covered his face to stop the soft punch from his embarrassed friend "why?! I'm not lying!"

"shut up"

"then why are you here?"

"because I want you help with 'that'?"

Hakyeon gaped

"you mean stealing the groom? I told you before, I'm not helping you on that" he turned at you "sorry but I think it's better for all parties if that guy gets married"

Leo sighed, clearly exasperated by the lack of cooperation from his best friend.

"I won't support your masochist side, Leo" he crossed his arms on his chest and looked you in the eyes "As I explained to him, if he wanted to run with you, he could have done it himself, but he didn't. If we force him out, they'll probably, and most likely, will drag him back. He gets married; we all will end up in prison. The end."

"Makes sense" you admitted heartbroken.

"So we stay still?" Leo questioned.

"Why not? I could care less about him and I'm sorry again but if you are just playing around, half hearten with my friend then don't show up in front of me ever again"

You silently asked where the friendly guy from before had gone to and for a split second felt jealous of Leo for having such a caring friend.

"What?" Hakyeon asked Leo who was glaring at him

"is this all because she didn't accept your friend request?"

"What?! No! I had even forgot about it, but thanks now I'm more pissed"

"I'm sorry, I just don't accept friend request from strangers" you explained 

Hakyeon dramatized a gasp, as if he was overly insulted; even placing his hand on his chest.

"But he told you I was his friend...so I'm not a stranger,I'm a friend of a friend, an acquaintance" he explained glaring at you before sarcastically finish you "can you be any more antisocial?"

"watch it" leo spoke up

"okay so If we are done talking about this wedding, can I go back to sleep? It was kind of nice to meet you"

"thanks"

"Hakyeon" your friend tried to stop his friend.

"what?"

"Help us"

Hakyeon's mouth dropped to the floor and his eyes blinked twice to make him realize it wasn't a dream. But he knew better than to give in for some momentary crush, in fact he already had something upon his sleeve, strong enough to stop that wedding, he just wanted to make sure his friend was being serious; the question now was: were you being serious?

"why?"

Leo remained quiet for a few seconds, he slightly opened his mouth and the closed it again as if the words were stuck in his throat.

"you should get off for a moment, dear" he sweetly invited you and you obliged without a word.

Once you were out he crossed his arms on his chest again.

"say it, or I'm leaving"

"I'm going to kill you for this" leo huffed, embarrassment was hard to hide on his face.

"say it out loud"

"Okay... because I love her"

"so?"

"I want her to be happy"

"liar"

"it's true but if I cant tell her that I love her until she has finally got over him"

"what if we stop the wedding and she ends up with him? you will loose her forever!"

"I dont care as long as she is happy"

The tanned guy forgot to breathe for a moment; he wondered what were you doing to his friend for he had never seen him like that before.

He finally sighed1 and nodded before knocking on the window and gesturing for you to come back inside1 the car. When you got in you nose was bright red and your hands were shivering.

"Lets stop that wedding!" Your new accomplice.exclaimed with a loud clap making you forget about the cold.

"How?"

"just leave it to me"

"what are you planning? Tell us" leo asked

Hakyeon looked at Leo with the same look a proud father looks at his son.

Leo said nothing but it gave you the impression you couldn't get in their silent conversation. It wasn't right.

"you will attend that wedding" he turned back at you "I want you to be the prettiest girl, even prettier that the bride. Leo, I will accompany her and you'll wait for us outside the hall. I'll tell you the details that day.

"Let's crush that wedding" he remarked before going out.

After that, Leo took you back home. You didnt expected him to be all smiles but he was way too quiet.

"I will accept his friend request" you tried to lighten up the atmosphere.

"you should, or he will nag about it forever" he answered but his mind was clearly off somewhere else.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just worried that I might be very selfish" he silently answered but you just saw him shaking his head no.

 

When Leo parked his car; Kris' was still there and you realized you couldn't keep running away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi everyone!!

This story's entered #TheWattys2015 and I need you help to vote for it!

Go to twitter and post the link of this story with #MyWattysChoice. Every tweet is a vote :)

Talking about twitter, the other day I randomly searched1 for my fics tittles and I was surprised and happy to find some tweets related to them! You are the best!!!!!

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

I've been busy editing videos for blank which is finished! check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1i46e_ur8I

and I'm still working in the teaser for the Lion and the Dragon but meanwhile you can read BLANK, I highly recommend it! :D

And to those going to the Orlando Showcase, give Leo a big hug for me *sobs*

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND UPVOTE (you never know, I might post a double update ;))