12

The Dragon and The Lion

When they left he stood up and got his jacket back, he kept staring at you.

“Is she dumb or what?” he silently sighed

- hey wake up! - he softly shook you and you shifted to your side while whining. It was then he noticed the light blue circles under your eyelashes because of lack of sleep last night.

He clicked his tongue and took his jacket and put it back on before walking away, but he turned back after a few steps, mentally rolling his eyes annoyed at himself and his sense of responsibility. He stomped back and stopped in front of you.

- hey! - he unplugged the earphones cord from your phone way to hard and you immediately opened your eyes scared and focused on his for an instant.

Maybe an instant for you but for Leo it felt like a day.

- w-what are you doing?- you frowned and pulled away from him.

- class already started - he remained cool - and I tried to wake you up...

- so ? Just because of that you almost ripped my cord apart?- you glared at him - who are you, anyways? Oh! - you snapped - you are the one that almost ruined my phone!

- what? Almost? You broke mine! - he snapped back. Even though his face remained neutral, the tone of his voice said otherwise.

- w- what? - your fierce look paled at the idea of breaking an expensive looking phone, as you remembered it. But still, you kept your ground as much as you could - Do you want me to pay it?

- huh? - Leo raised an eyebrow

- If you do, then show me the proof - you reached out your hand gesturing for him to take out his phone - I'll pay it if it's true.

- No need to, it's already repaired... - he sighed - Don't ever fall sleep in some random bench.

He said and turned around and walked away, you just kept staring astonished.

- ooooook, that was random – you muttered and grabbed your stuff before running for class.

- isn’t she going to answer? – kris sighed as he sighed and threw himself at his bed where there was two sets of formal attire.

He rolled on his back and covered his eyes with his arm, he kept staring at the ceiling, after a few seconds he was spacing out remembering when he met you:

It was the day his father took him to meet his employees, he was against it but also understand that it was necessary to hear their opinion

- But what do I need to meet their families? – he complained crossing his arms – we just need to pay them and that’s enough – he huffed.

His butler gave him an understanding smile from the rearview, he was the only person in that family that Kris would talk sincerely to.

- Young master…

- Stop calling me that, James, you are not that old

- Understood – he replied and Kris rolled his eyes at his formal speech earning another smile – this is also a great opportunity for you to get close with your future partners… We have arrived – he announced as he parked the car in front of a luxurious building.

He huffed again as James opened the door for him.

- Smile, Kris – he said before moving away so Kris could get off the car.

The young boy mocked a smile and entered the hall after taking a deep breathe.

- Let’s go – he said to himself.

The room was crowded with all types of people, from rich, glamourous one’s to the standar medium-class looking. Some old man in business suit approached him to praise him for his looks, all of them smiling awkwardly.

“ just flattering won’t work with me” he thought.

When he was finally over with the polite greeting and awkward conversations, James approached him with a drink.

- Thanks but I’m a minor – he took the cup when James assured it was cider.

He roamed the room with a disgusted look.

- hi – a sweet female voice spoke up from behind. Kris turned around to see a beautiful girl, most likely of the same age as him, he could tell even though she was shorter and had a thin complexion; her hair was short and perfectly curled, framing her green eyes. Yes, she was stunning to be 13-14 years old but there was something in her that he disliked since the first time.

- who are you? – he impolitely asked raising an eyebrow.

- she is Charlotte Kim, the first and only daughter of Skyline Financial Group. Our biggest business partner – James whispered on his ear. After hearing those words, Kris expression changed drastically into a political expression.

- Nice to meet you – kris said and reached out.

- Nice to meet you too, Kris. – her smile was lovely as she took his hand – wow! You are better looking than what they say – she complimented him with a neutral expression.

- You are just exaggerating – he tried to sound embarrassed but failed big time. She giggled at the weird sound that came out of his throat

- well, I have to go, it was meeting someone of my age in “this world” – she smiled again  before turning around and walk away, it was like she had no malice in her.

- Ok… - kris was flabbergasted but someone bumped into him taking him out of his lala-land as he stumbled a few steps – hey!

He shot you a glare

- sowwy – you said with your mouth full before gulped down whatever you were eating.

- what? You? – he was overwhelmed at your familiar face from school.

- oh! The airhead… I mean, Wu … - you shouted as surprised as him but pointing as him with your index finger.

- Don’t point , it’s rude! – he shoved your arm away – what are you doing here? Are you rich?

You shook your head no.

- Young master, she is the daughter of the general secretary at the main office – James introduced them.

- oh, so it means I’m your father boss… - he scoffed

- no, that means your father is my dad’s boss… you are just a brat bragging about his family – you snapped and he gasped briefly before a wide grin appeared on his face – what was your name again?

- __....______ - you stuttered your name frowning.

- Hey, ____, I think we could be friends.

 

A knock was heard and he groaned standing up and finally grabbing the black outfit.

“this is a mourning date” he said to himself before announcing he’ll go downstairs in a minute.

He took out his phone and dialed your number; you answered at the fourth ring; only pressed the answer button but didn’t say a thing because you were mad and wanted him to apologize but instead he just whispered your name. You could tell something was wrong

- I just want to tell you… I… - he exhaled – I… always…

In that moment the door to his room opened and a pair of green eyes met his.

- I got tired of waiting… - a lovely voice exclaimed and he froze.

- charlotte… - he muttered

Involuntarily, your phone fell from your hand.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry I wasn't able to update on time. I'll update 2 chapters next time.

Expect them! And get ready for EVEN MORE FEELS 

Thank you for all your comments and votes

 

Leo when he congratulated you: