47.

The Dragon and The Lion

The interview with Leo's ex boss went smoothly. Yuko was the kind of people everyone would ever want to work for, she gave you enough time to get from school to the office and they payment was not bad either (for an intern). The only bad.thing you could say was that in exchange of that fabolous schedule you'd have to work all day at home on saturdays so you could even the amount of work with those that were regular employees.

"So how is leo doing?" one of your coworkers asked from the desk infront of you.

"He is doing great" you answered not sure of what to say.

"I didn't think he'd ever get a girlfriend" she smiled looking at her computer's screen.

"life is full of surprises" you mentally rolled your eyes and started to organize that day's work.

she raised an eyebrow but you decided to ignore it. she didnt know Leo like you did so it's pointless trying to explain to her how much of a good person he was.

that made you remember what happened that night after you left.Β 

he dragged you out and almost pushed you inside his car. your hand was sore because of his strenght.

"leo?" you looked at him surprised, it was the first time he acted like that with you. "are you angry?"

he squizzed the wheel and closed his eyes trying to calm himself. after a few breathes he finally faced you.

"I'm sorry. yes, I was angry"

"sorry"

"you shouldnt apologize but that bastard and his father..." he groaned frustrated "I wanted to ...agh! forget it"

"it's my fault... I should have stayed away from Kris. yet I thought that maybe we could remain as friends even in this mess"

"why would you want to be friends with someone like that?" jealousy was clear on Leo's voice.

"because...he is the one that was on my side when my parents died"

it hit leo like a ball straight to his head, he had concluded that your parents weren't around but having you saying it was a whole different feeling. he wished he hadnt asked that.

"he was there when no one else was, just like Hakyeon with you. if you had to be separated from him, would you just stay still?"

leo gulped down the guilt in his throat. but his pride wouldn't let him admit that you were right, not this time.

"and so you let him and his family treat you as they please?" his tone was shallow and his face expressionless "I thought you were better than that"

"I'm not that strong, you know?"

"I see" he looked away and started the car.

both kept quiet the rest of the way back home, with the exception only you thanking him and saying good bye when he drpped you infront of your house.

You took your phone and started a new message.

You: first day! This is amazing! I cant thank you enough😊

You got off work and arrived at the school but there was no time to meet leo or to look for him. And there was no reply, even though he usually doesnt tale that long.

Maybe he is busy...no, he is certainly mad at me.

You: LEO! LEO!LEOLEOELEOELEOLROLEOLEO

LEO

LEO!!

"Are you really going to keep ignoring her?" hakyeon whined at leo who was making coffee at the kitchen "might as well shut it down. It's driving me crazy"Β 

The black haired man reached out a cup full of hot dark coffee before taking a seat in front.of the tv. While his friend was doing somwthing on the laptop.

"Just let her beg a little bit more"

Hakyeon smirked and rised an eyebrow.

"Are you being an...s?"

Leo almost chocked on his coffee.

"What?! No!" he said still coughing

"You totally are" hakyeon teased.

"I'm not...it's just...you know"

"Okay okay i get it" hakyeon knew how embarassed leo would be to admit he was just being jealous "but you should be a litte bit more understanding about her situation"

"That is also the reason im avoiding her...she needs to clear her thoughts"

Leo looked at hakyeon after hearing a low gasp.

"I dont know if i should be happy or scared about this" he said, his eyes fixated on the screen with a mortified expression.

His friend stood up and looked at the reason behind it. There was an email displayed:

Hello. This is Wu Enterprises CEO's personal assistant. As for personal request from Mr wu, we would like to make an appointment with you to discuss an important matter. Here is my contact info.

Leo read it twice. There was no way that could be good news.

.........

Still he accepted the offer and went to meet kris' dad.

His assitant lead the way straight to mr wu's office, not wasting time.

"Mr. Jung" the man showed his bussiness smile "welcome, please have a seat"

Leo did as instructed but he was clearly at edge.

"I was surprised to know you were the trader that my wife talked about so much. No one would think a.student would have such experience on art"

"Thank you but im still lacking a lot"Β 

"No need to be modest. If you want to succed in this world you should start being more frank"

"So i looked into your startup and it seems you are looking for sponsors, right?"

Leo started to have a bad feeling.

"Therefore, i have an offert for you" he handed a folder to leo "here are the terms of the contract".

The younger man read it carefully. Yes, it was very well elaborated and the conditions were what everyone would want but it was just too good.

He closed it and looked his rival's father on the eye.

"This is perfect but there is something being left out, isnt it?"

"No. The contract is just as it is on paper but there is a little something you must do for us to not withdraw the ofert"

I knew it

"What is it?"

"Get that girl out of my son's life"

............................

Short update, i know...

This story is slowly coming to an end :'(Β 

By the way i made a new video for this story and one more for a BTS suga fanfic called you are mine.

Go check them out on my youtube channel (JungAidee)