15*

The Dragon and The Lion

If looks could kill, you wouldn’t be able to tell which one of them, Kris or Leo, would be dead by now.

- Sorry but this is no place for this – Leo didn’t even tried to hide his annoyance.

Kris clicked his tongue and brushed Leo’s arm away, but his gaze never averted from him.

- Who are you? – he scoffed – it’s none of your business.

- You are disturbing everyone, including myself so it is my business. Plus, that isn’t how you should treat a girl – he exclaimed, looking at your slightly pink wrist.

Kris heart and conscience leaped at the realization of what he had just done. He was too absorbed on explaining to you what happened last night that he enraged when you refused to listen to him.

- I..I’m sorry,_______… - he stuttered and repent was visible on his eyes.

Leo looked at him and then at you with a neutral expression. You nodded looking down.

- T-Thank you – you mumbled to him – it’s alright?

- are you sure? – he asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

In fact, you were startled by Kris’ behavior just a moment ago but you knew he didn’t intend to hurt you; so you just nodded avoiding eye contact; he kept staring at you before glaring at your friend and walking out of the library.

Gladly, the library wasn’t crowded and Kris kept his mouth shout at Leo; the last thing you wanted was to make a scene now that you had the scholarship.

You sighed, half annoyed and half worried; Kris heart leaped when you finally looked up at him.

You gestured for him to take the seat in front of you.

- I’m sorry… I – he said as soon as he sat and reached out to take your hand.

- shut up, and talk – you demanded cutting him off and pulling your hand away – if this happens ever again, we are done, Kris.

He took a deep breath and his eyelids flickered.

- The one you heard last night… she was my fiancée, Charlotte – his voices was lower than usual, your heart jumped out of your chest at the mention  - … I finally met her.

- a… and? – you bit your bottom’s lip corner

“Do you like her?” you wanted to ask.

- No! Of course not! – he overreacted and somehow you felt a little relieved at his words.

- She is just… - he didn’t finish the sentence and looked down and then at you.

“Not you” he silently said.

- She is just not my style…

- oh, then she must be common – you said trying to conceal your anxiety.

-No, she is beautiful… - he replied and then you have to grab the end of your blouse to steady the world that was starting to spin slowly. You could tell that you must have looked pale because of the worried look he gave you – but I don’t like her.

“I have to tell him something, I have to tell him its okay or that he should treasure her…no! That’s the same as giving him to her on silver tray” you bit your tongue.

-_______? – he asked – why are you not saying anything? It’s even worse when you say nothing.

You gulped down.

- what do you want me to say? – you voice came out higher at the end – this was supposed to happen sooner or later. And you just met her…there is still plenty of time to convince your parents to cancel the wedding – your face remained neutral but your voice gave it away.

Kris had a slightly pained expression…

- About that… they want the wedding to be held sooner…

The grip on your blouse tightened as the world started to spin faster, you focused your sight on the wooden table.

- what? … how much sooner?

- By the end of the year – Kris reached out again to try to comfort you but your body flinched and he desisted.

You weren’t a dramatic or impulsive person but it was too much for you to handle it and you felt like running away. So you did; you stood up, frantically shoved the books in your bag and stomped out of the library; ignoring Kris calling your name and chasing after you.

- wait! ________ - he called right behind you. You didn’t turn back.

- Just leave me alone, okay? – you pleaded

Surprisingly, your feet felt light and were able to match, or even surpass, his speed.

Hakyeon spotted his friend sulking, as usual, in the back of the classroom.

- hey…why are you mad? – he asked taking the seat next to him.

Leo shook his head no and kept looking through the window.

- see? You are obviously mad? – Hakyeon snapped – Did you fight again with “mysterious girl?”

It was then that he turned to face him with frustrated look.

- No, actually … it went well with her. But this morning, there was this …you know, the blonde one…

Hakyeon tried to figure it out, but not for too long as there was only one blonde boy he knew

- Oh! I know, the one with the girl you like… liked – he corrected himself as Leo shot him a killing glare.

- And he pulled a girl, way too hard – he said and Hakyeon gasped.

- Let me guess – Hakyeon rolled his eyes - so you interfered to defend her and she said it was okay?

Leo nodded surprised.

- cliché… - the brown haired guy scoffed – if she said it was okay, then you shouldn’t worry about it. Let’s cheer up! Tell me what happened with mysterious girl…

Leo shot him a glare and Hakyeon cringed. He was just trying to hide how embarrassed he was about what he told you on the last message.

- ok, no… if you want – he lifted his arms surrender – but you should meet up…

- no…not now – he finally added and Hakyeon face lit up and he couldn’t stop the smile across his face as his friend changed his usual answer. Leo looked away flustered by his own words before taking his phone out.

User9011: I didn’t mean that in weird way

He typed down and shove the phone back on his pocket.

 

Classes continued as usual and you were glad that every teacher followed another entering the classroom so that left no time for Kris to talk to you, even so, you could feel his gaze on you burning every now and then making you to have to suppress the urge to look back at him. Lucky for you, the sound of your phone vibrating you averted your mind for the scene.

You discretely took it out and hide it behind the table; not like the teacher was going to scold you but still it was disrespectful to check the phone while someone was giving a lesson.

You: I know, I can tell you are not that kind of guy.... kind of… don’t get too full of yourself >:)

Leo scoffed while looking down at his phone before he grinned and started typing a reply. Unlike you, he didn’t care about the teacher talking right now. Hakyeon side-eyed looked at him all smiley, and rolled his eyes.

Leo: Of course I am, you should be smart enough to even realize that.

You: Of course I am to even be talking to you

Leo: yes, because only people of my level can talk to me

You: whatever… I have class.

- My win – he breathed out, his lips curving up in a smile.

You put your phone back in the bag and focused on class, or tried at least. It was about the laws of light and how it influences the color; the teacher was showing a slide full of colors and no text while explaining the properties of something you weren’t able to hear well because your mind unconsciously flew to the guy that tried to protect you this morning.

“What would have happened if I told him I wasn’t okay?”… I f I see him again, I will thank him.

 

- can we talk? – Kris’ voice took you out of your thoughts; you blinked a few times and realized everyone was emptying the classroom.

He was standing next to you, intimidating; you packed your things and stood up leaving only a few inches away from him. Your eyes pierced at his chest because you knew tyou would lost it if you looked up at his face or down to the floor.

- There’s nothing to talk about…

- It doesn’t seem like that, though – he fired back; you could feel his breath on your head – why were you so affected about the wedding? – he asked with a low voice.

You tried to come up with another question but, was it worth it? Would you be able to keep running in circles without telling him your feelings? And most importantly, was he so stupid to have not notice them all this years?

- You must be really stupid, Kris – you gulped down and you notice his body tensed – all this years and you never noticed…

His chests started moving up and down at a rapid pace. Both clenched your fist until the knuckles of your hands turned white.

- I have to go – he said and turned back with his eyes fixated on the door.

But before long you fist was clenched on the back of his shirt, his body flinched but he didn’t look back nor moved away.

- Kris, I… - you took a deep breath before continuing – I like you.

Then, he lost it. His world completely stopped and all he could see was dark.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Feel all the feels!!! >:)

I like to read your comments because that means it was worth to spent hour writting this!

I want to promise a double update but I don't know if I'll be able to... I'll try

I'm having a mental block with Giving up on you, even though it's already written I'm editing some parts but I just can't seem to find the inspiration.... 

Is anyone even on team Dragon?

Thank you again, you