36.

The Dragon and The Lion
 

Five days passed after the wedding and you couldn’t erase the images of Kris walking the aisle with Charlotte. When he walked past you he forced his eyes to look to the front. Leo placed his hand on your shoulder in that moment. You stood up by the church’s doors when Kris was about to get in the car he looked at you for a long moment before closing the door and leaving.

Of course, you didn’t want to attend the reception.

Leo offered to stay with you but you insisted that he should go check on Hakyeon. In fact, you just wanted to be alone.

You didn’t attend school even though Winter Break was over and you only ate munchies from time to time.

news had it that Kris and Charlotte left for their Honey Moon to a tropical island owned by her family; so that was probably the reason you hadn’t heard from him since then.

He must be busy.

the phone buzzed against the nightstand for the third time today; first was a text full of emojis from Hakyeon asking about how you were doing; the second one was also his to answer you about how Leo was doing.

Hack-yeon: he says and tries to act as if everything is alright; but he is paying more attention to class than usual even taking notes

he never did that before

I've caught him staring to nowhere but when I ask he says he was thinking about a song. He is a mess in his own way.

You didn’t have the heart to reply to that when you knew you were the cause of Leo's worries.

This time you ignored the phone until it rang again after ten minutes. The screen's light hurt your eyes because of the darkness surrounding you.

User9011: are you home?

User9011: I know you've seen the message; you are like... glued to your phone everyday :P

You were about to answer when it rang again

User9011: whatever, I'm already at your door.

"what?"

You heard the door bell and the footsteps of your brother going to open it. Followed by the sound of people talking, muffled by the walls and the closed door.

You took a quick glance of yourself in the mirror. you were a total mess: hair sticking out everywhere, oily face and puffy eyes.

In what felt like the speed of light, you ran to the in suite, washed your face, brushed your teeth and struggled to comb your hair down but it wasn’t cooperating so you went for a high bun.

One more look on the mirror and you were running down the stairs towards the door where you watched your brother staring at Leo trough narrowed eyes and Leo staring back with a poker face.

"so... You are my sister's friend? How old are you? Do you go to the same school? What are your hobbies?" The little boy bombarded him with questions

"yes" leo surprised both of you with his formal speech "my name is Jung taekwoon. We go to the same school but she is my junior and my hobbies are soccer and music" his hands where hidden in his jacket's pockets.

The mention of the sport lightened up your brother's face.

"You play soccer?" He asked enthusiastically, you imagined starts shining on his eyes, like an anime character.

Leo nodded, satisfied by your brother's reaction.

"I'm pretty good" he mumbled.

you found cute how Leo was trying to be polite to a younger boy but at the same time trying to make a good impression.

"So..." the boy dragged the words, unsure of ask "you play FIFA too?"

"yeah, I like it"

"wanna play?" your brother finally moved from the door and let him in, Leo's eyes scanned the place, surprised of how homelike it felt. it was then that he finally noticed you standing at the end of the staircase. When his eyes he didn't even try to hide the fact that he was taken aback by you appearance.

even though you tried to tidy up, you couldnt hide that you hadn't eat and sleep properly for five days.

"hi" he asked with a soft voice. it hurt him to see you in that state.

"hello" you smiled to lessen down his concern.

The younger brother glanced to you and back at Leo.

" I'll go set the game; take your time" he said before disappearing to the living room. not without giving you a thumbs up in a sly way so that leo didn’t notice.

you rolled your eyes but still smiled. Leo took a step towards you, concern was all over his face.

"I'm sorry for not replying, I needed some time alone" you explained keeping your voice low so that your brother wouldn’t hear.

"it's okay, I understand. I'm sorry for barging in your house without notice" he shrugged "I just couldn’t stand it anymore"

"thank you, Leo. And I'm sorry I think I haven’t been grateful enough for everything you've done for me even though we barely know each other"

"I don't mind really. I just want you to get to know me better and if I'm lucky enough, for you to fall for me"

your chest tightened at his words; what did you do to deserve someone as good as Leo in your life. you were at a loss of words; he looked at you without averting his eyes for seconds that felt like minutes.

"have you had breakfast yet?" he finally blinked, thinking that he didn’t want you to feel awkward.

you shook your head no "I don't feel like cooking or going out"

'dammit! I should have come prepared' Leo silently said to himself 'think, taekwoon, think of something to make up for it'

he looked troubled for a moment but his eyes brightened up when he had an idea "I can cook something... if you don't mind, of course" he shyly proposed.

"gosh, no!" the corner of your lips lifted without your consent, it was impossible not to smile at his cuteness "I mean, how can I let you cook when you are the guest"

"more like the intruder" he giggled

"I DON'T MIND!" your brother shouted from the living room.

you gasped, Leo was clearly embarrassed as well.

"so let's make this a stay-in date. do you like Hot-cakes"

you giggled at his cheesiness

"I love them"

He smiled satisfied, before opening his backpack and taking out a notebook.

"I asked one of your classmates to lend me his notes for the time you were absent and I made copies" he handed it to you

"wow! you got them so easily" you gaped.

"being the thug of school has its pros, you know?" he smirked "well, where is the kitchen?" he looked around.

"over there"

Both of you entered the kitchen and you sat on the island placed in the center of the room.

"the fridge is there, pans over there and spoons over there' you pointed out the cabinets as Leo nodded "do you need an apron?"

he smirked at you and arched his brows like saying 'are you serious?' but only shook his head no.

"no apron then" you shrugged.

you started reading the notes; getting more and more concentrated with every page. from time to time, you asked Leo about things you didn’t understand and he'd look back at you to answer but not getting away from the stove.

The atmosphere was so peacefully comfortable like an autumn evening.

Your eyes stole a glance to him every now and then; he was mixing and baking everything with the grace of someone who enjoys cooking, unlike you who only did it because you wanted to eat.

for a moment you forgot about kris' wedding like you tried for so long and it was all thanks to Leo.

"all ready" leo placed three plates on the table and your mouth watered the instant you looked the pancakes. they were spongy, not burned and had strawberries sliced in four parts on top.

Your brother entered the kitchen and gaped at the perfectly set table.

"Sis, I think he is a keeper" he said as he took the plate and a glass of milk with him to the living room "I have a game to play so excuse me"

Now you and even Leo gaped, both with a slight blush on your cheeks.

"w... what are you saying?" you asked and shoved a piece of pancake in your mouth.

Leo laughed really hard, part embarrassed and part happy.

"sorry, he has no tact"

He waved his hand to tell you there was no problem.

"I thought he didn't like me at first"

"he is a soccer maniac, so ... anyways, this is really good, how can you cook like this?"

"My parents worked all day so Hakyeon taught me, because he hanged out all day at my place" he picked at strawberry with a fork and eat it.

"I'll have to ask him to teach me too" you mumbled and he nodded "but seriously, these are really good"

"I can make them for you anytime you want... “his smile then dropped "sorry, I'm not trying to be pushy" he rubbed the back of his neck

"I don't hate it, to be honest. it makes me feel special but it's not burdensome because you said you are willing to wait until I had finally forgotten Kris" the mention of his name tasted like vile on your throat.

After you completely cleaned your plate, Leo played FIFA with your brother. At first he went easy on him because he's younger but once he realized he was good at it, his competitive side took over and ended up wining most of the games.

They even exchanged soccer tips before the boy left for practice, you didn’t even understand them but it was nice seeing your brother talking so energetic about something he loved. he respected Kris and played with him but he was not into soccer.

Then it hit you: you were alone with Leo.

He didn’t look like he wanted to leave nor you wanted him to. Because once he left, you’d be left alone and Kris would take over your mind again.

'Man up! it's not the first time you are alone with him!' you mentally slapped yourself but you weren’t aware of his feelings at the time.

"Should we watch a movie?" you awkwardly asked "I'll let you choose"

"Okay"

He sat on the floor with a bowl of popcorn on his legs while you lay on the sofa with a bag of gummy bears. after searching he finally chose a comedy, it surprised you because you thought he'd be more into existential, deep kind of movie but maybe he was doing it for you to cheer up.

You both laughed your lungs out but when the film reached the emotional part, the lack of sleep made your eyes feel heavier and heavier until the finally gave up.

Leo finished watching the movie and saw you soundly sleep; he couldn’t help but tenderly smile at your face.

"hey" he hesitated before pushing your shoulder softly with only the tips of his fingers. he tried again but you were soundly asleep. He then carefully grabbed you by the shoulders, like you could break if he was too strong, and lean you down on the sofa.

it took him a second to realize his face was dangerously close to yours, so close that he could hear the sound your breathe. he looked at you slowly as if he wanted to record every part of your face: your nose, your long eyelashes, the shape of your eyebrows and you lips.

'what am I doing?' he thought pulling away a few inches but it was too late; he was already too engrossed in your beauty that by the time he reacted his lips had already stolen a peck from yours.

he moved away with mixed feelings between happiness and remorse. he felt like the worse kind of guy but at the same time he felt accomplished by doing something he had been wishing to do for so long.

'Be aggressive' Hakyeon had said but was it okay?

He took his back pack and left the house.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wonder if this story will reach 100 votes on AFF and 1K on wattpad *winks*.

this chapter was all about Leo but next time we'll get to see the dragon. I hope you liked it :D

Tbh, this chapter was inspired by Leo's episode on V app, you know the one where he cooks pasta and all ♥♥♥

get hypee for VIXX comebaaaack!

follow me on twitter: monykaidee

and tumblr: lifeisnotafanfic

see you soon!!!