44.

The Dragon and The Lion

44

No more drama, you just did what you wanted right there.

You grabbed his shirt in your first, shut your eyes close and pulled him closer with more strength than needed. Your lips literally collided against his, he softly groaned at the impact.

Leo had to open his eyes to confirm what was happening when he felt your lips against his. He thought for a second that the fever had gotten the best of him but no, it was real. He cupped your small face in his hands as he smiled and kissed you back trying his best to not be too rough. You tried to pull back but his hand held the back of your head

It took you a second to realize that you had started it but he took the lead in a second.

His temperature felt great against your cold cheeks. His fingers ran through your hair and you wrapped your arm behind his neck, he pressed you harder against his chest until all space between you two disappeared, his hand lowered on your back dangerously slow. It was then that you both realized you had to breathe.

Your relaxed but you still kept your hands on his shoulders, he pulled back and slowly opened his eyes to meet yours waiting for a reaction but you stayed still staring at him perplexed about what just happened.

"S...sorry" he apologized even though it was you who started it.

Unlike Kris who was always in a rush, Leo's kiss was way more patient and sweet.

"why?" he continued. His eyes were full of hope even though there was doubt in his voice

"I don't know... i felt like doing it so..." you mumble, your cheeks burning red and his face lit up

He held your hands "Can I take this as the beginning of something?"

No more lying to yourself. Whether you still loved Kris or not, you couldn’t deny the fact that you had already fallen for Leo as well.

"Yes" you said with big smile that he imitated but lowered his face to hide it "what?!" You asked flustered

Without a word he wrapped you inside his arms and pulled you closer, his chin resting on your shoulder that immediately felt his heat

"Leo you are burning up!"

"It's your fault" he whispered near your ear.

........

Kris' horrified mother and father scanned his son's hurt face. So did Charlotte and her parents. She hid her surprise so that the adults wouldn’t find out It was the first time she saw him since two days ago because Kris always arrives home and shut himself inside his room (originally the guest room)

"What happened?" Mrs. wu asked as her son took a seat next his wife.

"Nothing I just fell from the stairs at home. I already went to the doctor. Right, charlotte?"

The question caught her off guard but she kept her cool.

"Yes, the doctor said they were just bruises. Nothing to worry about" she said in a lovely voice.

"Thank goodness" Kris' mother exhaled.

They were all reunited for dinner at Kris' former home. Mr. Kim and Mr. Wu didn’t seem to relax even outside the office, asking their son about the company he started to manage along with charlotte after the wedding. The black haired you man didn’t look unpaved about it as he replied each question with the same amount of seriousness it was asked.

The staff started serving the dinner; even the chef was present to reassure everything was on point, even though the guests paid more attention to their business.

But the ladies were not very interested in that topic so they changed the subject rather abruptly.

"So, any plans of having an heir soon?" Mrs. Kim asked "I want to see my grandkids grow up, you know"

Charlotte and Kris almost chocked up with their food. She looked at Kris expecting him to answer first but he was hoping she would say something to her mother. The elders stared at them, expectation clear on their faces.

Kris cleared his throat "i think, it's still too soon, Charlotte's wants to experience the life of the office a little bit more. Besides, we are still young" he replied in the most polite way he could.

"You really are a good husband, son" charlotte's father spoke "I’m happy my daughter is with you"

'Says the one that tried to engage her with an old creep' Kris said to him

Charlotte and Kris were awkward for the rest of the night. Until the finally said goodbye to their parents and were alone at the parking lot.

"I brought my car, I have to go somewhere before going home so doesn’t wait for me" she said with a sarcastic smile.

"Don't worry, I'll call Luhan over. Is that okay with you?" Kris replied with the same expression.

Charlotte looked unpaved for a second but kept her cool.

"Of course. We are long time acquaintances" her fake smile couldn’t be wider "we’ll see you later" she got in her latest model white car.

As soon as she was out of his sight she grabbed her phone and calls some unsaved number.

"It's me. I think we can’t meet today"

"Yeah, Kris just called. Are you sure it's okay for me to be at your home?"

"Yes, or it'll be more suspicious if you don't show up and I don't want you to get tangled in this mess"

For a second, Luhan thought the innocent and pure charlotte he knew during their middle school days was still inside her but then he remembered that kiss at the parking lot.

"Charlotte" Luhan sighed "I know you are just using me as a substitute for Kris"

"What are you saying?"

"I've been watching you for a long time, I know how you look at him from the distance and I know you'd rather met him under different circumstances"

The girl gulped

"You want him to notice you, don't you?" She didn’t answer And he continued " I thought that I was taking advantage of you when you came to me crying that you hated your situation and I kissed you but this is a perfect give and take" he said with a bitter sweet smile that charlotte could picture right away.

She did her best to not be mesmerized by those words and talk back with her usual confidence "then what are you complaining about? And it's not like I dislike it either"

Luhan's heart skipped a beat, and his hand almost dropped his phone but she couldn’t see it or imagine it. But the happiness was overtaken by guilty right away, even though Kris didn’t care about Charlotte, he still desired hid friend's wife.

Little, did he know Charlotte had something planned all along.

"Then see you later"

....

Kris was at the bar serving liquor in Luhan's glass when Charlotte arrived with her hands occupied by brand names' shopping bags.

"Hi, Luhan. How you doing?"

"Great" he innocently smiled "sorry to intrude all of a sudden"

"I've told you before: mi casa es tu casa'" Kris interrupted holding back the urge of rolling his eyes back because of how fake they were being. He handed the glass filled with dark brown liquid and ice "and you also know how things are around here so there is no need to be all awkwardly friendly"

He turned around to place the bottles on their wooden stock, showing his back to his friends that were too uncomfortable to realize he had left his phone hidden in the cabinet.

"Where are you going?" Luhan asked when Kris started to walk away.

"Restroom. Be right back" the tall guy replied as he stormed out of their sights.

"He is acting weird" Luhan narrowed his eyes.

"Don’t know. Don’t care" charlotte got rid of the bags and took a seat next to Luhan at the bar. He was looking guilty again "Luhan, we are not doing something bad. This is a marriage without love; if he could, he'd go running to that girl's arms"

"But he is not" he stared at her, noticing the jealousy behind her words.

"Because my family is more powerful than his, he can't betray me but I can as long as He doesn’t find out. If he does, then this union is over and I'll have to marry someone else" her green eyes flickered under the dim light

"Are you sure you want to go forward with this" Luhan pointed at him and her.

"Are you?"

"I just hope you won't regret this. Don't fall in love with me Mrs. Wu, I am nothing compared to Kris"

..........
he slept on your lap for half an hour, enough time for you to scrutinize your feelings about what happened earlier as you caressed his soft, dark hair.

Your love for Kris still hurt inside your chest but that feeling didn’t even crossed your mind when you kissed Leo, having a new start with him would eventually heal the wound that your friend made.

You chose to go home before it got darker, Leo volunteered to walk you to the train or to get you a taxi but you insisted that he had to rest more but he wouldn’t let you go alone so he called Hakyeon who showed up after a few minutes.

When Leo opened the door and let Hakyeon in, he eyed you both with a mischievous grin plastered on his face. The younger boy rolled his eyes but it was obvious that he was trying to hide his embarrassment.

"See you tomorrow" he quietly said as usual but something in the way he looked at you was different, warmer.

"You are going to school tomorrow already?" you beamed.

"I've had a pretty good nurse" he smiled "And the bruises won’t mismatch my reputation at school"

Of course, those little exchanges of looks didn’t escape Hakyeon’s sharp eyes.

With one final smile you, you said goodbye to Leo and started walking with his friend who wouldn’t stop grinning like a proud mom.

"Something happened, right?" he finally said looking at you.

"What do you mean?" you said with flushed cheeks.

"Don’t deny it. I know Leo enough to know when he is happy... And girl, he was the happiest I've ever seen him"

"How long have you known him?" you asked

"Don’t change the topic" he narrowed his eyes

"I'm just asking"

"Well, it's been a long time since we first saw each other but we started talking like a year after that" he said with a nostalgic look but it changed again as he clapped his hands "but enough a reminiscing, tell me" he chirped

"Why do you want to know?"

"Because Leo won’t tell me. He is a gentleman you know"

"Yes he is"

"Ok, I give up. Don’t tell me if you don’t want to. I just want to know one thing: will you ever take him seriously?"

Hakyeon stopped and stared at you, it surprised you how serious he looked. The empty street suddenly seemed darker and colder.

"Do I ever not?"

"Great" he smiled and resumed his walk "because it might not look like it but there are plenty of girls after him"

That reminded you about how Leo was all experienced when he kissed you. The though made you blush like crazy.

"Uhmm...Hakyeon. Has Leo ..." you looked at your feet, your fingers playing with the gem of your shirt

"What?" his eyebrows arched up

"Has he had a lot of girlfriends?" your eyes still glued to the floor

Hakyeon took the chance.

"Why would I answer your question when you didn’t answer mine?"

You sighed "i guess you are right"

"But I'm good so I'll tell you"

Your head rocked up.

"Leo...he...." he rolled his eyes back trying to find the right words "he's only been serious about her"

"Who?" you asked ignoring the piercing pain in your chest

"The only formal girlfriend he's ever had"

He noticed the depressed look on your face even though it was dark.

"Why the long face? Did you think that you were his first?" There was no ill meaning behind his words but they weren’t really helping you

"O-of course not" you said louder than expected.

"If it helps... She is not even worth mentioning, she broke his heart and he never showed interest in anyone ever again, like a monk " he smiled brightly at you "but suddenly a certain mysterious girl sent him a message..."

You wanted to ask what happened but you were in no place to do so and it would put Hakyeon in an awkward mood.

"What a " you said

"Indeed"

 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

 

Well, as you might know. Mexico’s concert was a bittersweet experience. I couldn’t get a picture with Leo and Ravi, because of their health but Leo greeted me from the stage!!! >////<  so the fact that it was cut short and the photo session was rushed to the max, really didn’t hurt that much. The boys tried their best and I could notice that they really care about each other J

I have a question for you: if this was made into a movie or drama and Leo or Kris couldn’t be in it. Who would you chose to play their roles?

Also support my original story "Elements Avalanche" on Wattpad https://www.wattpad.com/story/29350421-elements-avalanche please!

My twitter: @monykaidee