20.

The Dragon and The Lion

 

- It’s her – he murmured.

He kept staring at the phone and your face appeared on his mind; you were the closest to what he had imagined the girl behind the screen would look like: a strong and sure of herself person.

User9011: I think I found your phone – he typed down multiple times but ended up deleting it.

He remembered the times he met you, how naïve you were behind that fake mask of confidence and he felt glad he stopped that guy from stealing it before at the café.

User9011: sorry, wrong person. – He finally sent but didn’t get a reply. Not like he was waiting for one to begin with.

He rolled on his side and closed his eyes.

 

“Leo, Leo” Hakyeon waved his hand in front of his friend’s face “earth calling Leo”

The said blinked a few times before looking at the elder.

“Sorry, what”

“Ugh! I’m asking if you are going to return the phone today”

“Yeah, maybe”

“Maybe?” His eyebrows rose up in fine curve “Is something wrong? Or more like: is something good?

You’ve been grinning while spacing the whole time. It’s giving me the creeps”

Leo hesitated before answering the truth, not because he didn’t want to tell him but Hakyeon wouldn’t shut up about it for weeks, probably. On the other hand, knowing that he knows the identity of the “mysterious girl” –as Hakyeon himself named her –would make him forget a little about the problems he obviously had been having at home as the small bruises on his face were accumulating one after another.

“I’ll tell you but don’t get overexcited, okay” he warned but his friend was already expecting what he had to say with bright eyes. Leo sketched a smile as a shaky breath escaped his lips.

“I found her” the smile grew wider on his face.

Hakyeon thought about it for a second before his lips curved up in the brightest grin he had on his face since days ago.

“You mean HER? Oh my god!” he clapped his hands in excitement.

“Yes, HER. The mysterious girl” Leo huffed and rolled his eyes but the smile didn’t leave his face.

“Oh my God!” he repeated twice clapping his friend’s shoulder way too hard “who is she? How did you find her? Is she cute? Wait, I thought you told her to stop talking to you…”

Leo scoffed and just showed your phone to answer his question and then briefly explained what happened last night, leaving aside the way he really felt when your phone vibrated at the same time he sent those messages.

“That’s what I call destiny. Think about it, it’s like a movie”

“No, it’s not. There’s a blonde...”

“There’s always a blonde” Hakyeon cut him off “So what? It’s not like they are dating. Besides, he wasn’t acting nice to her the other day”

“Whatever” he dismissed the subject and speed up his pace.

“Hey! Don’t even try to run away” he shouted pacing faster after Leo “What are you going to do now?”

“What? I’m not doing anything”

“Oh come on, this is too good to be true and you are acting all pessimistic here”

Leo stopped in his tracks and shoot daggers to his friend.

“Listen. This is not going to change a thing about it, okay?”

Hakyeon gulped and nodded.

“We’ll see that” he said on his mind.

 

Kris walked down the white, huge staircase in his house and immediately wanted to go back to his room when he saw his father standing at the end of it. The aged man was wearing an impeccable black suit; Kris had rarely seen him wearing a different color since he could remember. He was frowning harder than usual and his shoulders were tensed, same as his lips pressed in a line.

“Morning” his son greeted indifferently.

“Where were you yesterday? Charlotte was so worried about you”

The blonde guy scoffed and walked closer to his father.

“And that’s what worries you? Why don’t you marry her, instead” he said and stomped away, leaving his father’s face turning in several shades of red and blue.

He pulled out of his house and drove to your house while his favoring song was blasting on the speakers of his cars. He was in a great mood, even humming and tapping his fingers to the rhythm on the steering wheel.

“She forgave me, now I have to make things right”

After a few minutes he parked his luxurious, latest-model car in front of your house where he met your brother going out and closing the door behind you. The little buy shot him a glare and Kris lifted up his faking surrender.

“So is everything alright now?” your brother asked.

“Yeah, I guess”

“Don’t turn her into a zombie again”

That being said the boy waved his hand and walked away.

“What are you doing here?” your voice made him turn around towards the door being closed by you.

“I came to pick you up”

You sighed.

“What part of taking things slowly did you not understand?”

“Slowly” he mocked you, getting a glare that didn’t last long from you “there’s nothing wrong with this, you love me and I love you. Why shouldn’t I take you to school?

“Wait. What?” you were perplexed by how nonchalantly he said that and also it reminded you what happened yesterday: he had said he loved you but you weren’t so sure if you were dating or what sort of relationship you had.

“Did I say something weird?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, you know, about yesterday…”

“We are not dating. Remember what I told you, I can’t make you my lover” he snapped.

You felt the air leaving your lungs at painfully fast speed. He noticed the color draining from your cheeks.

“But I love you. That’s the only thing I’ve ever been sure of” he tuck one strand of hair behind your ear.

You wanted to say you loved him as well but the words didn’t come out and he didn’t look like he was waiting for an answer so you just smiled.

“So we are just friends”

“I’m sorry” he looked down.

“Let’s go” you said leaving the room first, unaware of the anxious look on his face.

 

You arrived at the office, first thing in the morning to find your phone but the place was still closed leaving you no choice but to stand next to the door while the person in charge arrived. Kris dismissed himself saying he had to go and talk to the professors about his absence during the last few days.

Fifteen minutes passed by and you heard footsteps getting closer to you.

 

"Are you waiting for someone?" a female voice asked from behind. It didn’t took you long to recognize it was the girl that is always behind the desk.

“Yes. Someone is going to leave my phone in the office but I guess I was too early” you awkwardly smiled but she returned the gesture.

“Actually, I’m a little late”

 You were about to mentally curse her but another set of footsteps echoed in the hall, the girl and you looked around at the same time.

Your eyes met his right away, as if they had been drawn to him as he walked closer. His a little bit shorter friend stood on his side containing a grin from escaping his lips. Leo looked at you in a way you didn’t think he was able to; because when you met before he had always seemed distant and unknown but in that moment his gaze told you otherwise.

He stooped a few steps from you two before taking out the phone from his pocket.

“Someone is going to come retrieve it” he said in a monotone voice to the girl, pulling his gaze away from you.

“Okay, but I need your name and major”

“Jung Taekwoon. Arts department”

She took the phone and placed it in your hands.

“Thank you” you said to both.

“It was nothing” his soft voice was almost inaudible. He took a glance at you before leaving followed by his friend who just smiled rather brightly at you.

“Be more careful next time” the tanned skinned guy said when he walked in front of you.

He looked back at you giving you the impression he was going to say something which he didn’t. Leo only nodded at you and kept walking until he disappeared, turning on the corner.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woo! I'm back! And happier than ever because there's going to be a Music Bank in my country and the artist line up is BAP, EXO-K, Girls Day, B2ST, INFINITE and BTS. They happen to be my favorite groups!!! YAAAAY! (that would be perfect if only VIXX and Boyfriend were on the list)

In other news: I'm going to start my new story featuring Infinite's L. I made a teaser! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wva6oRGbobI&feature=youtu.be

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/801306/blank-drama-infinite-romance

Don't forget to comment and vote! You are the best! :D