59.

The Dragon and The Lion

"You look happy" hakyeon eyed leo from across the table noticing his face looked brighter and smiled from time to time.

"Me?"

"Who else then?" he rolled his eyes "did i miss something?"

Leo tried to hide the shy smile on his face.

"Not much"

"Ohooh...that means everything went well and you two are dating now?"

For the first time in the entire time they had been friends. Hakyeon saw Leo blush badly from neck to ears.

The picture was added to Hakyeon's unforgetable moments.

"Yes" the lion looked more like a puppy.

"I'm telling you beforehand" leo's friend adopted a serious posture "I want to be your 'best man' or whatever it's called at your wedding"

Leo almost choke with his cold coffee. Hakyeon handed him a napkin.

"What are you saying?" he questioned still coughin "it's not like we are getting married, calm down"

"Marc my words"

"Whatever. So...how did things turned out with that man?" leo refered to his father.

"Everything is going smoothly. I don't spill the beans and he continues to patronize our company" he smiled bitterly "I think we get to talk more like this than ever before, isn't that a good thing?" he joked a little.

Leo didnt know what to say and Hakyeon didnt expect him to say something. So after an instant of silence, the older guy sighed and changed the moon.

"Congratulations"

"Thanks"

........................

SOME MONTHS LATER

"You really did it" Kris said to Charlotte as soon as she reached his table. The restaurant was empty and the doors were locked to the public by Kris orders.

She looked more relaxed than before in her flower patern dress and so did he in his navy blue suit, cup of wine in hand.

"You've won, Kris Wu" she said taking a seat.

"I couldn't have done it without you and Luhan's help" he drank from it "How did your parents took the miscareage news?"

The graceful woman took a cup and gestured for her exhusband to pour wine.

"Just like anyone would. Mom cried, father cursed. I faked I was sad; your parents were almost the same but less dramatic"

"I am not sorry for them"

"And you said I'm the monster" she smirked before taking a sip of the dark red liquid

They look at each other straight into their eyes, like equals. Something that never happened when Kris was with you, because no matter how much he loved you, he deep inside knew you were from a lower class than him and that you wouldn't dare to hurt him like Charlotte.

"But it's sad that you've earned you freedom but you lost the girl that you love"

Kris wanted to laugh at her nerve.

"I didn't LOST her. I set her free. There is a difference" kris tried to hide 

"But she is with someone else now"

Finish him.

"I can get her back anytime I want. But now that I almost am the CEO of the Wu group, I've got no time to spare in romance and drama. All that's left now is to announce our divorce to the world and we'll carry on with our lives, Charlotte"

"Before that. Let me tell you that you're the worst husband ever" she said with a smile of relief on her face.

"I know...I was an but you were a snake"

"No shame in my game"

both giggled and then looked at each other again with a serious expression.

"Shall I do it?" she volunteered. Kris nodded.

She took a phone - not hers - out from her purse and send the tip to the reporters' numbers. At the same time, Kris took a picture of his left hand without the ring and posted it on his public instagram and gave his followers enough time to take screenshots before deleting it. 

"Aaaand it's done" kris said and both stood up. He reached out to her first "It was a pleassure doing bussiness with you"

She took his hand "tell luhan i said hi".

"I will"

She turned around and walked out.

Looks like I'm not the only one who lost something in the drama.

Kris drank his glass empty.

...........

Hours later, the news announced the rumors of the bussines world's golden couple.

Both emporioums saw their shares of the stock market plump down for a whole day until both of their parents took the bull by its horns and declared that both groups were still in good terms and their heirs were going to work together.

Of course, behind closed doors. Mr wu slapped his son so hard his cheek was swollen enough for him to had to put a cold compress on it.

Kris just stood there, lowered head and hands on his back, taking the beating.

Charlotte parents were no different.

But the younger generation knew it had to be that way, if they had to wait for their parents to announce their divorce then they might as well remained married for the rest of their lives.

.......

You finished your last day of internship giving thanks to yoko and everyone for the opportunity. opportunity. Chanyeol was out of the city that day so you sent him a message.

"Last day. I cleaned up my desk in case you were planning to nag me about it. I left notes in the important details of the next exhibition and also the documents you need to sign.

I learned a lot from working with you. Thank you"

You were in the school's patio when you got a new message from chanyeol.

"Are you sure you want to quit? My aunt was very happy with your work and she suggested you should move to my team permanently"

"Sorry, I've got an offer I can't reject"

"Are you playing hard to get? LOL. I guess working with your boyfriend beats everything"

"It has nothing to do with that"

"Yeah,sure. Anyways, if you change your mind you can always come back.

"I hope to work with you in the future"

"me too"

You finished writting something on your notebook and closed with a satisfied look that was more than obvious when Leo spotted you from the outer hall. He walked to you with a content face and light aura.

"Did you finish your assignment?"

"yeap, I just got to give my final essay to the frog and I'll be ready for summer" you chirped excited for the first summer vacatIons with your boyfriend.

"time sure flies" he looked around, reminiscing the time you were seating infront of him in that same bench and now you were next to each other.

He discretely took your hand, lacing his fingers with yours. it took you by surprise, you looked at him but he turned away embarrassed.

"uhmm excuse me love birds, but we gotta go to class" Hakyeon cleared his throat a few steps away from both.

Leo contemplated the idea of removing his hand from yours but he didn't. He could endure being a little bit more embarrassed.

"Did you read the news?" Hakyeon asked you.

"No. why?"

"THEY got divorced"

He didn't have to mention his name for you to know he meant Kris. Your mouth opened in surprise.

Leo looked at you, hiding his worry .

 

..............................................................................................................................................................................

hello everyone!!

this is the penultimate chapter! One more to go and this will be over TToTT

It's been over 3 years since it started...thank you to everyone that had been keeping up with the story. I remember almost all the comments and they've encoraged me to continue if ti wasn;t for you I would have dropped it a long time ago.

Hope everyone is having a good december! Maybe I'll update on Christmas!!

xoxo ♥