26.

The Dragon and The Lion

Its you - you mumbled, your lips were trembling

yeah, its me - he whispered, he was almost as frozen as you because he took of his jacket and scarf to give to you and now was on a simple long sleeve shirt

his eyes roamed your face, anxiety was clear on them before you left the forest and finally got to see the lights of the hotel, where Kris announced the engagement just a few hours ago, the thought of it  made your heart flip.

“I guess I’m not what you were expecting" leo breathed taking you out of your bubble of sad memories. His gaze fixated on the road as if he didn’t say it to you, who couldn’t answer because of a cold strike.

But being honest, now that you were looking at him you realized that he might had look the closest to what you imagined him to be like. Not in appearance but the aura around him maybe?.

You closed your eyes, hoping that day would be over as soon as possible.

“You should have called the teachers or the police” he huffed to himself “but I guess this is not bad, either” you were unaware of the corners of his lips arching up a little.

He suddenly stopped on his tracks, making you open your eyes. They were drawn like magnets to te person standing in front of you two. Leo frowned as he noticed you starting to shake worse than moments ago.

Kris’ gaze moved from Leo to you, from angry to concern while he took a few steps towards you. For a moment you wished to have jumped down from Leo’s arms but your legs wouldn’t obey.

Why are you here? Where’s your fiancée? Was that a nightmare? Why did you lie to me? You wanted to ask but your lips didn’t open, you just kept staring at him trough narrow eyes.

“are you okay?” he reached out, anxiety clear in his tone. “It’s okay, I’ll take her from here”

You could swear your heard Leo roar; there was a battle of glares going between them briefly.

It took almost all of your strength to push his hand away and speak.

“Don’t be like this, you need to go to a hospital” he pleaded

“go away, Kris” a hurtful look invaded his face and he didn’t bother to hide it “just go”

Leo started to walk with you in his arms and after you walked by Kris he whispered the most painful words you could have expected from him.

“I’m sorry”

He looked to the ground before a high-pitched voice called for him from afar; he grinded his teeth and clenched his fist; unable to go after you as he wished. The lump in his throat grew bigger and he had to swallow it before turning back to the hotel.

“are you sure you don’t want to go to a hospital?” Leo asked as you crossed the parking lot. You shook your head. But thinking about it: where were you going to go? You didn’t want to cause trouble and yet your roommate would surely tell on you with the professors. Then you remembered he said he was in a single room.

“Can I stay with you?” your voice came out hoarse.

“What?” Leo’s eyes grew wider and a slight shade of pink took over his cheeks “no”.

But he looked like he started to think things slowly and how that made sense.

“alright, just until you defrost” he joked with a soft voice

 

You took a taxi and by the time you reached the hotel, you could barely walk already. To your luck, no person appeared in your way until he opened the door to his room. It was neatly organized and had a scent of cologne: a man’s room, indeed.

He guided you to a sofa before going to his luggage and taking out a sweatshirt for you and one for him. Your body welcomed the warmth felling once you put it on; meanwhile he started the coffee machine.

“what were you doing out there, anyway?” he asked to break the growing tension, not really helping.

“I…I-I” The words got stuck in your throat and your eyes felt as if they were burning.

“it’s okay you don’t have to answer me” he said before taking a deep breath and let it out “I’m Jung Taekwoon and sorry if I’m not the nerdy or intellectual you expected and instead I’m the most feared guy in the campus. If you want to block me go ahead, I won’t resent you” he talked really fast, as if he didn’t want to allow you to speak.

You noticed his multitasking skills as he was taking and preparing the coffee at the same time. He handed you a cup and you took it to your mouth right away. The hot liquid unfroze most of your body.

“you are not” you cleared your throat

“not?”

“You are not the most feared…not to me, at least. I don’t know you but I have the impression you are a decent guy”

“Decent enough to ask me to take you to my room?” his eyebrows rose up.

“yes” your answer took him off guard and both fell silent, a rather awkward silence. Until you asked what had to be asked “did you know what I looked like?”

Leo almost dropped his coffee but still he nodded.

“How?”

“When you lost your phone, it rang every time I sent a message” he took a sip of coffee before making a disgusted grimace

“Wait, what?! You knew since then?! Why didn’t you tell me?” You spited.

He shrugged “I don’t know”. But he did know but his pride wouldn’t allow him to answer with honesty. He cleared his throat and changed the subject.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go to a hospital or call your boyfriend?” he pronounced the last word with an edge that got you assuming he was talking about Kris.

“I’m better now and he is not my boyfriend”

“Unrequited love?” he whispered to himself but you managed to hear it.

“Something like that”

“So he is the one you were talking about that day?” he recalled one of your conversations and it made you smile for a moment.

“uhmm, he is” you nodded “he is engaged. But just made it public today, I knew it was going to happen but I guess I built castles on the clouds…thinking that he could stop it when it is something bigger than us”

It was the first time you talked with someone about Kris without caring he was a guy you just met. Logic wasn’t your strongest point to begin with, not even mention the state your heart was then.

Leo’s mouth opened slightly.

“and you are here right now talking with an almost stranger. Didn’t you learn what I told you back then? You should let your guard off in front of a man” he huffed “you could be an easy target”

You noticed what he meant by that, his gaze was piercing yours and he had leaned closer to you, his hands were resting on both sides of the sofa and you couldn’t help but gasp at the thought of what could happen. Fear took over your body and your hand moved swiftly towards his face.

He smirked.

“serves you right”

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hello! Another short update! but guess it's better than nothing.

But I'm getting ready for my final exam to become a designer! hurray!! (wish me luck)

So after I'm done with that I'll be updating faster ( I hope so). Dis yo like the new cover? Have you seen Kris' movie trailer? I can;t wait to see it!!

XOXO