50.

The Dragon and The Lion

Kris battled up between being a nice friend or to take the chance and be selfish. Then he remembered your words from moments ago and realized that even if he made you fight with Leo, it wouldnt make you go back to him.

"Is there really no way out of this?" he thought as he pressed his temples before looking at you "I want to go back..."

he didnt fail to notice your eyes were eager to know the answer, for him to reply with a negative answer.

he sighted out of resignation.

"No, he didnt accept" it took all his pride and ego to admit it, he swallowed the burning feeling in his throat "how stupid of him"

relief washed all over you and he couldnt take how happy you looked anymore.

He got off the car to open the door for you and awkwardly said "thanks for the advice. if you need anything else you know how and where to find me"

"yeah, thank you for understanding. see you" you uncomfortably waved your hand before turning around.

the dragon looked at your sillouete walking away and he wished for you to disapear from his sight faster yet he couldn't avert his eyes.

"Don't look back, don't look back" he whispered.

And you didn't.

.........

Leo was nervously tappin his finger on the table of the coffee shop.

"if you were going to be like that, then you should had stopped her like they do in dramas" hakyeon whined.

Leo just playfully glared at him.

"oh there she is"

The lion's body flinched but he waited until you got to them.

"Sorry" you took a seat next to Hakyeon, in front of Leo.

"here" Hakyeon gave you a cup filled with strawberry milkshake "I wanted you to try it. ah! I left my phone at the salon; be right back"

he stormed out leaving you and leo confused before going into awkward silence.

"I made a contract with Kris"

the black haired guy looked up from his cup, his bangs were getting too long they almost covered his eyes. 

why everyone on that family wants to make contracts? he thought

"I will pay him every cent...that is the first step to become stronger"

He looked striaght into your eyes and felt proud. A faint smile appeared for a second.

"you are stronger now, you just don't see it"

your heart fluttered at his words.

"thanks" you looked away trying to hide your blushed cheeks.

"Didnt you had to go work?" he said as he noticed the hour on his phone

"Oh sh..." you jumped off your seat when you realized you had 20 minutes to get to the office and that it was on the opposite side of the city.

"I can take you...if you want" leo volunteered.

"Please" you sounded desperate even to your ears.

Both of you stormed out of the mall. Lucky for you, the streets weren't packed and made it just in time.

"Well, hello, darling" kyoko, your boss, said from her desk as she noticed entering the room with an stressed face "you look horrible" she stood up and got you a glass of iced tea.

"Im sorry i thought i was running late so..."

"Just let us know when that happens, okay?" she smiled warmly before she remembered something "ah, by the way. I assigned you to work with the account management leader on the next project. it's about an exhibition of restored pieces, it should look good on your resume so work hard, okay?"

"yes! thank you" you chirped with enthusiasm and headed to your desk where there was a folder waiting for you.

you opened and read the details; when suddenly an obvious question came up:

who is the account management leader?

the phone on your desk started to ring for the first time since you began working there.

"h-hello?" you took the call a little bit hesitant.

"Could you come to my office?" a deep manly voice asked polietly.

"who..."

"office 3, to your right" he said and hung up

you took the folder and looked for the said office.

"did you call me?" you nervously opened the door; little did you expect someone that looked your age sitting in front of you. plus, he was too good looking.

"yes. take a seat" he gestured towards the empty chair, you did so.

"nice to meet you"

he lowered his head and started to scatter several papers on the desk.

"let's skip formalities. we need to get this done in two weeks" he talked way too fast, his eyebrows almost touching each other every time he frowned  "page 4 of your set of copies, that is the list of clients that will provide some of the pieces. I need you to call them to confirm their assistance also call the banquet service, there is a list of sponsors on page 5 there are some restaurants they should cooperate if we ask, ok?

You hadn't finished taking notes when he asked, he rolled his eyes and sighed.

"That's it for now, get it done in one hour cause we are going out to meet some future sponsors"

"Okay"

"You can leave"

"Uhm...excuse me...

"What?" He raised his voice and you flinched.

"Your name... what is your name"

He looked dumbfounded for a second but then he didnt recall telling you his name because of that the young boss felt a little bit embarrassed, it showed on his face and awkward smile.

"Park chanyeol"

"Okay" with that you left the room.

..........

Charlotte was at her office - where she worked part time- reading and signing some documents until she decided to take a break to read her messages, one of them was from Luhan asking her to call him when she has time.

"Hello? Luhan?"

"Kris came to see me" he sound exhausted "he has proofs about us"

"What?"

"He is been following us all along and has videos and pictures"

"Did he ask for something in return? "

"Nothing, he wanted to apologize to me beforehand"

"Wh..why didnt you stop him?" charlotte raised her voice, she was losing all her cool.

"Isn't this what you wanted too? To break that stupid marriage"

"Not like this, if that video goes public then it's over for me"

She ended the call and started another one.

"Where are you? Yes, i know, see you at our apartment in 30 minutes"

...............

Luhan looked at Kris with a sad expression wondering how did his friend turned out to be like that. But the answer was crystal clear it was love and despair that made him took the path he's walking.

He then looked at the check with his name written on it on the table and thought he was no one to judge him after betraying charlotte like that.

"I still think you can go back"

"Go back? Where?" the dragon said clueless

"Nothing"

"I know it's hard for you to betray her but think about the bigger picture" kris pat luhan's sshoulder "she'll never know you work for me"

"I am not working for you, you blackmailed me and I didn't have a choice but to tell you our whereabouts or you'll destroy what is left of my family's company"

"i think you are misunderstanding something. I caught you with my wife but did I got mad? no. i forgave you and thought of a plan to get away from this damned marriage without anyone gettin' harmed"

"why would you get mad? you dont even love her!" the slightly younger boy objected

"It's a matter of pride. anyways, tell me, what was charlotte's plan?"

"plan?"

"dont tell me you believed she was with you without a reason behind it? she is not like that..." an answer to his question popped in his mind as he was saying that. his face paled in a second and his limbs lost their strenght.

"what?"

"tell me you didnt sleep with her..." kris mumbled.

"Why?" luhan looked oblivious to Charlote's evil ways.