32 part 1

The Dragon and The Lion

Leo woke up fifteen minutes before the alarm went off, he strched his arms and legs like a cat would until he was fully awake.

He moved to his closet to grab the hoodie he'd usually wear when he was at home until he remembered that day was unlike any other holidays. He took another look at the hoodie before tossing it inside the closer again and pick a black knitted cardigan, a white t-shirt and dark jeans.

After finally dressing he looked at himself in the mirror and was contemplating whether using cologne or not when his phone startled him.

Hackyeon: are you ready? What are you wearing? Send me a photo! Are you going to buy roses for her? Don't forget cologne, that’s important!

Leo rolled his eyes and dropped his phone on the bed to turn around and look at his still moist hair. He combed it in five different styles until he gave up and took his phone again to reply his friend

User9011: what about hair?

Hakyeon's face lightened up as he read the message. He could count the times leo asked for advice with one hand.

He typed down with a smile on his face after several seconds of thinking.

Hackyeon: i'd probably style it in a different way but since its you and probably dont want her to think you are trying too hard. Better keep it as usual :)

Good luck!

User9011: thanks

He then blew his hair dry and keep it down on his forehead as always. The clock in his phone said it was still an hour before the time you agreed to meet. He sat on his bed and started to search for the movies that were screening.

"But you don’t want her to think you are trying too hard" he reread his friend message and the words that he said to Kris came to his mind.

If he wanted to really snatch you away then he should try harder, conquer your heart and make you fall for him.

"be more aggressive" he said to himself before standing up.

You looked at the three outfits on your bed. The first was too formal, the second was too casual and the third one was way too girly like you have prepared it for a date with kris, he liked that stuff. The thing was that it wasn’t Kris you were having a date with, it was Leo and you knew nothing about his taste in clothes or in girls.

You gave up on choosing your outfit and concentrated in your hair.

"we'll go ice skating so its better to tie it up" you suggested to yourself.

A few minutes later your hair was up in a high loose ponytail; you curled the ends of your hair and styled your bangs in a cute way. You were pleased about it and that and finally selecting another attire, you didnt want him to get the wrong idea, this wasn’t a date....or was it? Yes, hanging out with Leo would be the best option to take Kris out of your mind but you weren’t sure about his feelings.

You looked your phone again: no new messages. Anciety started to rise within you, the thought of being ditched crossed your mind for an instant until you finally brush it off and started dressing up a light pink knitted loose cardigan and jeans. Nothing fancy but comfortable instead so that he won’t get the wrong idea.

Half an hour before the time, you left your house and was about to close it when you noticed an envelope on the floor.

You turn it around and the words written with golden, elegant font on it left you out of breath.

Kris&Charlotte

After staring at it for almost a minute you put it in your purse and continued your way out.

The place you were going to meet with Leo was totally crowded, that it made your head hurt as soon as you started roaming the area looking for him. But the one to blame was you, you wanted to meet under the huge and beautifully decorated Christmas three. In the past, you asked kris to meet there but he'd always say that it was annoying.

The phone in your pocket vibrated against your leg as soon as you sat down on an empty bench. You picked it up and your heart leaped at the name on the screen.

Kris: I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Before you knew it, your hands were trembling so bad you almost dropped your phone.

You were about to reply when a tap in your startled you. A bouquet of red roses almost crashed against your face when you turned around.

You titled your head as an strange little child held the enourmous bouquet with his arms open.

"Uhmm... For me?" You asked and he nodded with a smile.

"he said to wait a little longer" the boy said as you took the flowers; it was easy to tell there were about 50 roses.

"who?"

"he said not to tell you" he answered with a mischievous grin before leaving .

There was no card with the flowers. You looked around and there was no sign of Leo even though it was past 15 minutes.

Your heart clenched at the wild idea that the one who sent the roses could have been no other than kris. But why would he?

A pop up sound indicated a new inbox:

User9011: are you there yet? I’m sorry but I'll be a little late but I will go.

The probabilities of Kris sending the bouquet raised up and so did your anxiety.

You: how long do I have to wait?

User9011: just wait. It'll be worth it

You: it's not like I have something else to do :/

Another minute went by and another strange kid appeared before you, this time it was a girl.

"He said to stay warm" she said reaching a bottled coffee before leaving.

"Who said?!" You shouted but she was already gone.

The coffee had a note written with sharpie marker: mocha is not my style but there was no other option... Hope you like it :)

Five minutes later, you were finishing your coffee and about to leave the bench when a new inbox arrived.

User9011: almost there

You: was about time -.-

You yelped when a girl suddenly left a big box wrapped in white paper with silver snowflakes patron and a big red ribbon.

"ooookay?" You arched your eyebrows and began to open it by untying the ribbon.

Inside it was a stuffed lion with an oversized blue knitted scarf along with a note:

"You won’t be alone now"

The idea of Kris vanished in an instant, replaced by relief and a little disappointment.

You:  where are you?

There was no reply for almost ten minutes. You noticed there less and less people, until it was almost empty.

User9011: have you seen the ornaments?

You huffed and suppressed the urge to roll your eyes.

You: I’m next to the three so I’ve seen them, they are pretty

User 9011: look carefully

You did as told and got closer to the three analyzing every ornament until one caught your attention. It was different from the others, a glass made of glass keeping something inside: a note and a silver necklace with a star shaped charm.

“Let’s go ice-skating”

You put the necklace on and walked towards the ice ring. As you got closer you noticed a familiar silhouette, elbows leaning on the fence of the said ring; his gaze was fixated on the ice but his fingers were taping on his phone nervously almost frantically.

“hey” you saluted and he turned at you.

“hey” he say with his soft voice and even though he didn’t smile brightly, you could somehow see a spark of happiness igniting on his face.

His appearance took you aback for a moment; he was dressed casually but more stylish than when he was at school and his hair was slicked back making him adopt an even more mature yet rebel look.

He didn’t even try to hide the way his eyes roamed your body from head to toe before a crooked smile covered his face.

“w…what?” you frowned.

“Nothing… really” he looked away “our style is almost the same”

You looked down to your clothes and the back to him; he was almost right only that he was wearing a knitted black cardigan and yours was pink.

“oh”

“Let’s go before this turns awkward” he took your wrist and pulled you next to him.

After you finished choosing the ice skates and leaving your stuff including the roses in a locker, both of you headed to the ice, legs trembling as you were trying not to fall. To be honest he was doing better than you even if it was his first time skating. He held his arm out for you to grab it while his other hand was on the fence. You worried for a moment about being too heavy but it was firm, not too muscular but well built and strong you could tell even through the fabric.

“Kris arms were bonier”

“You okay?” he took you back to reality.

“Yeah, I just feel like bambi” you joked.

He chuckled as both took a curve.

“Do you think you can go on your own yet?”

“Maybe”

“Ok, I’ll let you go now” he waited until you felt secure enough to let go of his arm with a small feeling of disappointment lingering on you “if you fall, I won’t come back to help you, okay?”

You might have taken it in a bad way but you saw he was also trying to not fall.

“Right back at you” you answered as you stumbled a few times before regaining your balance.

In a surprising turns of events he let go of the fence and slide next you like a pro. His face was full of confidence.

“You cheater! You said…” you tripped but he caught you, holding your shoulders, before you could hit the ice “liar” you glared at him but he smiled and stepped in front of you, so you were now face to face as he skated backwards.

“I didn’t lie, I had never skated before, and it’s just that it was easier than expected”

You narrowed your eyes and he did the same until you both smiled at each other.

“The mocha was good by the way”

“Great, because they ran out of latte so I had no other choice” he pouted.

He flinched as you almost fell again, hands ready to hold you.

“umm… Leo…thank you for everything…up until now” you looked down to the ice, watching every step you took but mostly because you didn’t want to face him.

“No problem. I mean, is the least I could do for the girl I’m interested in, right?”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

tun tun tuuuuuuuuuun! finally a confession!

I decided to split this chapter in 2 parts because it'll be dedicated to their/your date.

I'll be upsating BLANK soon if you havent read it, you totally should! :P

Dont forget to comment and upvote! (click the arrow on the left of description)
 

My current obsession is Roy Qiu and the drama: Waking love up!! ♥ he is sooooooo cute!