Chapter 13: Court Time

ǤЯΔƆЄ-Pledis Entertainment New Girl Group~Disbanded July 30, 2014

Chapter 13: Court Time

The GRACE girls woke up the next morning and didn't really talk, just like last night. Jinyoung watched the girls movements throughout the morning and noticed that each was sluggish and slow. He didn't question any of them or tried to cheer them up because he knew none of them would relax until the court was done and over.

So after a quiet breakfast, Jinyoung and GRACE got into the van and drove out to the courtroom; where also Céline's parents and the rest of GRACE's staff would be waiting. The whole ride there was absolutely quiet; not even one person talked. Most held in their tears as they didn't want to think of their littlest member leaving the group just because of her age. Jinyoung from time to time looked in the back to see Céline hugging Mirai, with Miok sitting next to them. The three in the back; Yena, Yu.A, and White held each other's hands. Then he looked at Jin next to him in the passenger seat, who stared out the window.

But in time they finally got to the court house and they all piled out of the car. Céline held onto Mirai until she saw her parents and ran towards them. Her parents embraced their daughter and whispered encouraging things to her, to calm her down.The staff went to GRACE and Jinyoung. Hyuna looked at Céline and her parents as they wiped their daughter's tears away, "Why does this have to happen?" The GRACE members hugged the staff for support. No one moved for a while until Jinyoung broke the silence, "We should get going. We don't want to be late do we?" the others nodded but in the inside didn't want this to come. 

Everyone walked together to the courtroom assigned to them; and as they got to the entrance the CEO was standing there. Han Sungsoo nodded to all of them, "The judge wants me, Céline parents, Céline of course, and the rest of the staff." Mirai was hugging Céline, "And why not us?" Sungsoo sighed, "The judge only needs us for now. For now please wait in the waiting area for us to return." Miok looked on the verge of strangling someone. Jin nodded, "Yes Sungsoo-nim, come on girls; lets go wait." the girls listened to their leader as they walked to the waiting area. But they looked back as they watched the adults and Céline walk into the courtroom. 

Yena and Yu.A sat together on a double seat; Yu.A looked at the door, "How did this come to be?" Yena rubbed her dongsaeng's back, "Who knows, things happen." the two oldest; Mirai and Jin sat on another double chair, Mirai looked at Jin, "Do you think this will go well Jin?" Jin looked at Mirai, "I hope so. Nothing will be the same if not." she stopped a moment before going on and whispered to Mirai so only she could hear, "For all we know, GRACE could disband or if not we may be looked down on." Mirai nodded, "But remember before we debuted and got accepted as trainees that we will take it as our GP Basic sunbaes did." Jin smiled; she knew she could count on Mirai for advice, cause even though Jin was leader, her and Mirai shared the leader duties; as they were the oldest ones in the group.

White who rarely launches out almost yelled, "This isn't fair. Our maknae doesn't deserve this." Miok nodded to White's comment, "White unni is right. Céline doesn't deserve this at all." Jin looked at all of them, "Lets just wait and see what happens."

**************************

Hours ticked by and the court wasn't even over yet. The staff of the court house were very nice by bringing the girls snacks and drinks while they were waiting. Since they didn't eat lunch, and it was almost past twelve; the girls were hungry so they ate the small snacks the staff gave. By now though, the girls were bored; and some were sleeping. 

Yena and Yu.A were leaning on each other as they slept, Miok was eating a small pack of gummy bears, and White was sleeping with her hand on her face and her elbow on the chair's arm rest; with Jin and Mirai keeping watch over the girls. Jin, "I know courts take a long time, but this is too long." Mirai hummed in response, "I agree with you. What can take a judge so long to decide on Céline's future?" 

Jin was getting impatience, and even as leader she knew she had to keep it together; but there are moments that she wanted to release all this stress. Mirai could read the leader's mood, "Jin; I know leader position is hard. That's why I thought I wasn't the best for it, that's why I dropped the offer. But even if you are the leader, were there to support you. Don't think just being leader your by yourself." Jin looked at Mirai and smiled, "Thank you Mirai. Really thank you." Mirai smiled at Jin.

***************************

Then finally what seemed like forever, the doors to the courtroom opened. Jin and Mirai woke up the other girls in the hurry and they all shot up to see what was the decision. The girls waited for someone to come out of the room so they could ask questions. The first one to come out of the courtroom was Jinyoung, who hid his face; so the girls couldn't tell what happened. Next out the door was Céline, who came running to GRACE, but ran to Jin and hugged her; and crying. Jin freaked out and went down to the maknae's level, "Céline. Don't cry." she rubbed the tears off her face but fresh ones came down, "Please tell me what happened." the others rushed to Céline and tried their best to calm her down.

Mirai got up and went to the staff, "Please tell us what happened." Hyuna was wiping her face with tissues, "The judge decided that Céline has to wait until March next year." Mirai gasped and covered and started crying. Céline's parents came out last with tears; they said nothing. Hyumin sniffled and was drying her tears to. Mason and Minyoung went to the other girls to hug them. This isn't how everyone wanted to end it.

The drive back to the dorm was quiet, as the girls had tears coming down their faces. Céline didn't stop crying as Jin was with her this time and Mirai was in the passenger seat. 

****************************

With everyone back at the dorm, it was pure silent. Sungsoo came to GRACE's dorm to, and Céline's parents as well. Sungsoo looked at everyone gathered in the living room, "I am truly sorry girls. I truly am." the girls said nothing as they held on to each other. Hyung Min looked at Sungsoo, "You know what this means Sungsoo." Sungsoo nodded, "I do."

Miok looked at the parents, "What does this mean?" Angie looked at the girls once that comment got their attention, "We plan to go back to Paris until Céline can come back to GRACE." the others looked at Angie in shock. Yu.A stuttered, "Excuse me madam, bu-bu-but why do you want to take Céline away?" before she could answer Céline cried out, "Mama; I don't want to leave Korea. I'll miss GRACE!" Angie hugged her daughter, "We want to do what's best for you honey. And its not forever, just until you can come back to GRACE." 

Céline shook her head, "I don't want to leave unnis." she cried some more. Hyung Min lifted his daughter and held her, "Me and your mom promise that you won't be leaving GRACE. We agreed on it, but since your underage; we decided it will be good to take a little break. Okay?" Céline didn't answer at first but nodded once. He put her down and all the members hugged their maknae, hating the news that was told today.