Detachment

Breath of Life
A warm light beamed on my face causing me to open my eyes. In sight I caught Sehun's angelic face still sleeping. I smiled and shut my eyes back again. Then, I flung them open as I realized I had spent the night. I carefully sat up. I looked for my phone that was scattered on the floor with my text books and notebooks. I was expecting missed calls from my father and Euaerin but there was nothing. 
 
It was early in the morning...crap, I need to get ready for school. I hear a light knock on the door and I panic inside. I wasn't sure what to do. I felt like hiding but before I could take up on my actions the door opened.
 
Sera smiled at me with clothing in her hands. "Good morning"
 
I blush, feeling embarrassed. "Good morning."
 
"Did you sleep well?" She still had a smile on her face, she didn't look upset?
 
I nod. "Yes, I am so sorry for––"
 
Sera politely cuts me off "Don't worry about it. He wanted you to stay and you were already asleep, we didn't want to wake you up."
 
Sehun asked his parents for me to stay? 
 
"I sent Misung early this morning to pick up a few of your belongings so you wouldn't be late to school this morning." She hands them to me and looks at Sehun. 
 
"Thank you." I accept them and feel very thankful, saves me the time. 
 
"Thank you Hayoung." She sighs "For everything that you've done for him and with what you're doing with Daehun." She smiles at me and nods. "I'll let you get dressed."
 
Without saying anything else she walks out and leaves me alone with Sehun. I glance over my shoulder to stare at him. His breathing was slow and his lips slightly parted. I leaned in and kissed his cheek.
 
"I love you." I softly whisper as I smiled.
 


 

 

My plans to avoid Hayoung didn't work out. My mom forced me to get involved in the Youth Program to prevent me from going out and drinking. As I walked down the hallway, my hands go inside my front pockets. I didn't want to go inside where Hayoung was but I had no choice.

 
She was acting strange, she was giving me the cold shoulder. She then said a comment that got her upset and walked out. I wasn't so sure why she did and I ignored it.
 
Mira tugs my sleeve and asks what happened. I replied letting her know I wasn't sure. She then told me to go check up on her, I didn't want to but since Mira asked me, I couldn't say no to her sweet little face. I nod and force myself to approach Hayoung.
 
The truth I was trying to hide for so long is finally out. Hayoung knew my condition and as she yelled at me, I couldn't understand why she was so ing upset about it. She has nothing to lose...I do. This conversation didn't last long because I didn't let it, so I walked off and hope she moves on from this and leaves me alone. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I arrived home, I didn't care how Hayoung found out. My main concern was that I hope this doesn't make her change her mind about me. I want her to stay away from me because I don't want her to feel sympathy for me. 
 
I crashed on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I dug into my front pockets where the infinity bracelet she threw at me always stayed in. I pull it out and stare at it. 
 
Every time I look at this stupid bracelet, it reminds me of her. Her eyes, her smile, her laugh, the way she thinks about things...then I realized it's not what I want. It's not what I want to be thinking because it will just make it a lot harder on me to let her go. 
 
I don't understand how I always tell myself to stop loving her and to move on...nothing ends up working because I want to keep her. There was just one thing that was in the way of letting me open up to her. I annoyingly sigh and stand up. This needs to stop..it was time to return this back.
 


 

 

My hand was moving as fast as I could to finish my last minute homework that was due today. I knew I didn't have a chance to finish much but I needed to get everything done as soon as possible.

 
"Need help?" I look up and notice Kris standing in front of me, back in school uniform. "I think some might be wrong but you'll be able to finish faster."
 
Words couldn't come out, instead I just stared. He was handing me his worksheets and he awkwardly stood there until he finally offered to sit down himself.
 
"Maybe that's not a good idea then." He lowly chuckles under his breath and puts the paper work back into his folder. 
 
I knew I wouldn't finish any sooner and I knew copied work was considered a big fat no, but I would rather turn in something than nothing at all. 
 
"If I can still copy it down, I would really appreciate it." I lightly smile "Just as long as you don't tell anyone."
 
It was meant to ease the awkwardness between us but when he smiled, he looked like what I said kind of bothered him, like he felt guilty about something.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was strange walking next to Kris and I think he felt the same way. We both didn't know what to say. 
 
"Thank you." I manage to say even though I had finished like five minutes ago.
 
He nods. "You're welcome." He sighs and takes a long pause. "It won't be enough to make up for what I did."
 
There it was, the conversation I was dreading. It's not that I didn't want to have it, I just wasn't sure how to discuss it.
 
"I really am sorry Hayoung." He pauses "If I knew what was really going on with Sehun, I wouldn't have wasted my time worrying about being better than him. I wouldn't––"
 
"I've gotten over it." It was half true "I forgive you." I pause "I'm sorry that you had to find about Sehun."
 
"What is this?" Kai's voice breaks our conversation "What are you doing here?"
 
Chanyeol places his hand on Kai's shoulder "Relax." Then his big eyes meet Kris' "Glad you're back in time." He pauses "Did you get to see him?"
 
Kris nods "I'm sorry for bailing out like that and––"
 
Tao is the one to interrupt "You don't need to say . Right now, we all need to be there for Sehun. Everything that has happened is done and we're moving from it, got it?"
 
It was more like he was telling us rather than making sure we agree to it. Kai was a little more stubborn at first but once everyone welcomed Kris back, Kai gave in. Realizing Tao is right, they all need each other.
 


 

 

 

"What the are you doing?" Chaneyol laughed through the phone as I tried getting everything ready for tomorrow morning. "Just come hang out with us!"

 
"My dad wants me to stay longer at his office." I lied "I don't know what time I'll be home."
 
As usual I was on speaker since Kai replied and shouted. "Ditch that !"
 
Tao adds "Are you still going to avoid us?"
 
"I'm not." I lied again.
 
"Then how come you didn't tell us about these parties you've been going to?" Tao asks
 
Kai instantly agrees. "Yeah, what the ? Why are you going to places without us?"
 
"I don't know?" I kept lying "By the time you guys text or call me, I'm already too drunk."
 
"That is never going to change" Chanyeol laughs
 
I nod and stay quiet...it is going to change. "I'll talk to you dumb s later, my dad is calling me in now." Without letting them say anything else, I already ended the call.
 
I wanted to tell them that I was leaving Seoul but I knew they would ask too many questions and I was getting tired of lying to these guys, the same people who stuck with me through everything. Tomorrow, I'm leaving and where ever I plan to go is where I'll stay. 
 
"Sehun..." Daehun walks into my room with his sleepy eyes. 
 
I smirk "Couldn't sleep?" 
 
He nods rubbing his eyes and I go over to pick him up. "Not my room tonight."
 
His small head rests on my shoulder and as usual I made up a story to put him back to sleep. After a while, I drift into a different thought...thinking how I'm going to miss seeing Daehun walk into my room, late at night. I stare at him with the nightlight allowing me to. 
 
I sigh. "Be good Daehun." I whisper and as he slept I took advantage to get up.
 
Before going any further I hear him call my name, I freeze in place.
 
"I keep dreaming that you're going to leave." He pauses and I stare at him as his eyes were still closed. "I try to run to catch up to you but I can't. You keep walking to a light and when I call you, you don't turn around. It's like you can't hear me anymore. I don't want you to leave."
 
While he was telling me this, I realized my eyebrows were scrunched together. He opens his eyes and rolls over to face me. 
 
"I hate that dream." He whispers "you won't ever leave right?"
 
As I looked at my little brother, I couldn't bring myself to lie to him, not Daehun. But, I couldn't promise him anything either. I don't think there were any right words to answer him.
 
"I'm going to kick your if you don't go back to sleep." I smile at him. "Close your eyes." 
 
He listens to me and his small body moves around until he gets comfortable again. Once I walked out of his room I knew I should stay for Daehun but I wasn't sure if I wanted to be around him and have him see me when things get worse. His bad dreams have been about me, he doesn't want me to leave, but no matter what that's just how it was going to end up for me.
 
As I walked down the hallway, instead of heading back into my room I wanted to go somewhere else. It's been a while since I've headed back to the bluffs. 
 

 

 

 

Sorry guys for the late updates! I really do appreciate the massive support you are giving me, seriously! I don't say this just to say this but I have the freaking best subscribers--readers ever!! You guys mean a lot to me! Thank you for the comments, the upvotes, and words can never be enough to express or explain how much I'm thankful for A L L your guys' support! Much much much much much much love <3 S o r r y for having soooo many chapters haha I also want to thank you guys for that! It's awesome that you've all stuck around this long...you are all brave for reading such a long fic haha but from the look so it, it probably won't go any further than 80. We'll see :) anyway, love you all sososososososososososososososo much! xoxo