Planners

Breath of Life

After Sunday brunch with my parents I decided to catch up on some reading in the house library. Sunday’s were always my free day, nothing was ever planned so I was able to do whatever I wanted without a schedule. As I was reading I hear a knock and when I look up Somi was smiling at me.

“Miss Saerin and Kyungri are downstairs”

 

 

 

I was in my walk in closet trying to find a shirt to change into

“Not a date?” Saerin walks in with a grin on her face holding my planner.

Kyungri leans in overlooking her shoulder “That’s pretty ballzy, I would never dare to touch your planner” She smirks

I inhale a deep breath

Saerin adds “Are you going to hang out with him?”

I turn over to face her “He’s not serious. That’s his way of entertaining himself.”

“How do you know that?” Saerin places my planner down and takes a seat in the half round leather sofa that was placed in the middle of the walk in.

I stop looking through my outerwear section and place my foot behind as I stare at her.

“Did you forget who his friends are?”

Saerin cracks a smile “You’re obviously cute as a button. Maybe you intimidate him and that’s his way of approaching you.”

I scoff, if she only knew that speaking his mind wasn’t a problem for him. Kyungri’s laugh makes us look over at her. She was on her phone with a big smile on her face.

“What?” I ask

She looks up still cheery “Nothing” She pauses “Are you almost ready? I’m starving”

“Are you going to hang out with him?” Saerin adds

I let out a small chuckle amused that she honestly thinks that he’s serious.

I ignore her “Let’s go” I smile walking out.

 

 

Kyungri and Saerin wanted to grab a small bite at a café, I just settled for hot tea. The three of us share a laugh messing around with our silliness, saying the most bizarre things.

Kyungri’s eyes look behind me waving at someone. I turn around and notice Tao walking towards our direction.

“Hey guys” He smiles taking a seat next to me.

The waiter comes out with Kyungri’s and Saerin’s meals.

Tao’s excited eyes soon turn hurt “You guys ordered already?”

“Yeah, sorry” Kyungri replies “I was starving”

“I am too” He quickly scans through and orders. He thanks the waiter who takes the menu away.

Kyungri pushes her plate towards him “Here, have some while you wait”

“Are you sure?” His eyes go back to like a little kid who got permission to have candy for dinner.

I stare at my friend’s eyes that squint as she smiles at him.

“Thank you” He picks a piece and it doesn’t take long for him to get comfortable to continue eating out of her plate. I can’t help but to let a small chuckle escape.

“Tao” Saerin covers as she finishes chewing “Do any of you guys have girlfriends or are like dating anyone?”

He swallows his food and starts picking at Kyungri’s plate again “Nope. Why, do you like Yeol?” He waggles his eyebrows “He’s all yours, kind of.”

She laughs “What about Sehun? How’s he like with girls?”

My eyes pop wide open as I almost choke on my hot tea but luckily I swallowed before she asked. What is she doing?

Tao’s mouth pouts to the side “He’s like most guys, if he likes someone he’ll make it obvious”

Saerin glances over at me, satisfied with the answer. Like if she was trying to prove a point.

Now it was my turn to take control “If a guy says it’s not a date, it’s not a date right?”

Tao looks over at me and he looks a little uncomfortable with all these questions being thrown at him, he seemed overwhelmed with our words.

He shrugs his shoulder “Yeah, I guess. For the most part”

I glance back at Saerin giving her my I-told-you look.

“Sehun likes Hayoung doesn’t he” Saerin quickly blurts out

Tao’s face grew a smile and stared at the three of us “Does she?”

I don’t hesitate to shake my head

“Sehun took her planner and wrote all over it saying to hang out with him but it’s not a date, does he really mean that?”

Tao chuckles covering his mouth “He did that?” He pauses composing his laughter “I mean I can ask and see if—”

“I don’t care” I defend myself cutting him off “Saerin was just assuming things and I’m trying to prove her wrong.”

Kyungri is the one to speak “Fun, aren’t we?” She stares at Tao and raises both her eyebrows with a smile that show her teeth.

 

 

After the café we all headed over to Coex Mall. Tao and Kyungri walked behind us while I walked arm to arm with Saerin.

“He’s actually really good looking.”

I roll my eyes and throw my head back as I laugh.

“What do I have to say or do to make you understand it’s not a date.”

She smiles “I think you should hang out with him, he looks—”

“He’s annoying, frustrating, and annoying” I smile back “Trust me, I have to deal with him for the rest of the school year, that’s too much time for me already.”

She shakes her head “Whatever floats your little boat”

“Why don’t you go bug Kyungri about Tao?”

“She’s been on more dates than you have so it’s not as fun anymore.”

I playfully smack her arm as she laughs in her evil but cute way.

 

 

The four of us stood outside the theater inside the mall, debating what movie we should watch and while they decided I was very much enjoying my homerunball chocolates.

“How do those balls taste?” Sehun’s voice was right next to my ear and before I can look behind me, he’s already in front doing his little secret handshake with Tao.

“Did you guys buy the tickets already?” Chanyeol’s deep voice sounds close and when I look to my left there he was walking passed me.

He walks up to Saerin and effortlessly rubs the top of her hair and pulls her in for a hug. When they release their hug she glances over at me, giving me that devilish smile that was plotting something. I swear if she told Chanyeol to bring Sehun I will not talk to her ever again.

Tao breaks away my thoughts as he replies back “Well, we’ve all decided we wanted to watch that new movie that’s supposedly scary but Hayoung doesn’t want to watch it”

I defend myself “I hate scary movies”

“It probably won’t be that bad”

Kyungri tries to convince me but it wasn’t going to work. I can never sit through a movie with my eyes open. There was no way, I simply refused.

Everyone was being persuasive, helping each other out with the many reasons why I should watch it but I just simply refused. There was no way I was going to walk into that theater and do damage to myself that I know I won’t be able to handle, my eyes would be closed throughout the entire movie so it was pointless.

My mind wasn’t going to change and I was mildly surprised that Sehun wasn’t trying to add his dry jokes about me.

“I’ll just watch another movie with you then.”

All our attention turns over to Sehun and to what he just said. Was he actually being…nice?

Saerin tries hiding her smile “Sounds good to me”

She takes Chanyeol’s hand and no one hesitates to ditch us. I stare at my two friends who didn’t have a problem ignoring me. There was a long awkward silence between us.

I run my fingers through my hair “You can go with them. I’ll just head home”

“If I remember, you have ‘hang out with Sehun written on your planner for the remaining year.”

“You wrote that”

“It’s not a date.” He pauses “What movie do you want to watch? Pick any, it can be the most girly ever, I don’t care.”

I liked the idea of making him sit through a chick flick and torture him but as tempting as that sounded, I just didn’t want to hang out with him.

“I’ll see you on Monday” I begin to walk away

“Are you playing hard to get?”

I keep walking and chime “Bye Sehun.”

“I’ll buy you a new planner”

That caught my attention, I turn around crossing my arms trying to look for a hint of bluffness but there wasn’t any.

 

 

 

“I knew it” He lightly smirks “You’re a girl who is only interested in materialistic things”

We were walking through the mall killing time as I looked through fresh new pages of the brand new planner that will take over my routines

“I have money”

“Then why didn’t you stop me from buying it?”

He jokes as usual, making me roll my eyes. My phone rings and it’s a text message from Kyungri, letting me know that the movie is over.

“Come on,” I walk ahead “They’re waiting for us”

“I’ll pick you up later on tonight”

I sigh, “Sehun I can’t”

“Fine, I’ll make an appointment with you. Write it down on your planner”

I shake my head as I walk away ignoring him.

 

 

I felt drained as my feet moved up the stairs. It was a long week and I was going to have to start it all over again, so I settled on coming home early and resting before Monday comes.

I was about to walk into my powder room to get ready for a long bath when my phone rang. I saw the caller ID unfamiliar with a number.

“Hello?”

“It’s not a date”

Those words instantly sound familiar “Sehun?”

He doesn’t reply back. I wondered how he got my number. That was a stupid question, of course I knew, Saerin probably gave it to him because I sure didn’t.

I was going to try to get his number the first week I got stuck with him but luckily he was showing up that whole week so it wasn’t difficult meeting up.

“What are you so afraid of?” He asks “We’re just hanging out.”

“Did you do the homework?”

He flusters “What? No—”

I quickly jump in before he can say anything else “Make sure you finish up the lab report.”

“I promise it’s not a date”

“You’re messing with my grade.”

“—and you’re changing the subject”

“I’ll see you on Monday, with your assignments caught up and the lab report”

He sighs “Maybe.”

“Sehun—” Before I can get another word my phone blinks. I look at the screen and the call has ended.  Here we go again, another week with this carless attitude. I take a deep breath and release it all out thinking how it’s actually going to be a school year having to deal with this. I remove the negative thoughts and decide to relax myself with a warm bubble bath.