Feelings

Breath of Life

[ LAPTOP PROBLEMS: NOT RATED M!!!! >:| ] 

 

My bed was covered with a bunch of my homework sheets scattered and overlapping one another. Three different text books open, laptop sitting next to me, and one notebook on my lap as I sat with my legs crossing each other.

“I don’t care that you hate it when we bother you during homework hours but this talk needs to happen ASA NOW!” Saerin barges in with Kyungri right behind.

She reaches my bed and starts moving things over.

“Something is wrong.” Kyungri points out “Normally you would have freaked if we touched your stuff. Why aren’t you getting mad?”

“Is everything good between you and Sehun?” Saerin jumps taking a seat on my bed

“Are you kidding right now Saerin?” Kyungri joins, resting her stomach “They ended it a few weeks ago.” She rolls her eyes at her.

“Well, she didn’t say anything” She gives her an attitude

Kyungri chuckles shaking her head “She didn’t have to when it was obvious”

“Maybe they were just doing their own thing, I don’t know.”

“She’s been your friend for how long and you weren’t able to tell that something was wrong with her?” She sits up.

Saerin rolls her eyes “Then, why haven’t you done anything to cheer her up”

“She needed space”

“You guys need to shut up” I decide to end their little playful but sincere bickering.

“Exactly, shut up.” She pushes Kyungri “So, is it true what this hazy says? Are you and Sehun really not together anymore?”

I sigh “We never were”

“You were something” She replies irritated

“Are you going to let her talk?”

Saerin gives Kyungri a dirty look but Kyungri ignores it.

“Promise you guys won’t judge me or give me a hard time about this.”

My eyes go directly to Saerin because I know she’ll be the one to most likely do it. Even Kyungri stares at her, Saerin’s eyes jolt back and forth between us.

“I’m not” She defends herself

“I really don’t need it Saerin. I just need you guys to be there and make me feel better.” I took a second to continue. “I—I had” I froze on my words unsure how to confess my heartbreaking secret. “I had a bad fight with him.”

I lied because it wasn’t easy to let them know how much of an idiot I was. I know they wouldn’t judge me but the idea of Sehun using me was still fresh and an open wound. I wanted my two best friends to be there for me but I was too embarrassed.

Kyungri is the first to ask “About what?”

“I feel so stupid” I look down “I don’t want to talk about it.”

Saerin sighs closing her eyes “I’m just going to be patient with you my little Hayoung.”

Kyungri comforts me by placing her hand on my knee and shakes it “Don’t let him get to you”

If it was only that simple

“If you don’t want to talk about Sehun, can we talk about that y transfer student?” Saerin waggles her eyebrows and has a devilish smirk on her face. “He can seriously lay with me anytime, whenever he wants, if he asks today—”

Kyungri pushes her “ing ” She laughs “Don’t be like that when you have Chanyeol”

She nods her head “You’re right.” She smiles “He’s the first to ever turn me into a crazy machine. I want it every time I see him.”

Kyungri and I both roll our eyes

“You want it every time you talk to a guy you like” Kyungri smiles

“You have to give me credit. You know I’m not good with the whole relationship thing. It’s still all new to me.”

“Wait” My eyes open “Really?”

Saerin nods her head “He’s the first guy I actually like not based on .”

I couldn’t help but laugh

She quickly defends herself “Don’t make fun of me”

“I’m not” I can’t stop smiling

“How do you go from saying you just want from him to it’s not based on ?”

She puts her palm in front of Kyungri’s face “Anyway, Hayoung. So dets on this kid” She smiles

 

 

 

 

 

As I walked down the hallway towards the dance studio, I didn’t feel ready to dance but I had to put all my feelings to the side. I wasn’t going to allow the negativity affect me so I knew that dancing will save me, it will distract me like it always has.

My ears begin to hear a slow upbeat tempo as I get closer and I smiled knowing Yixing was there. As expected he was dancing. His moves were no joke and didn’t fail to amaze me. He showed his soft side again and I liked it when he did. I admired him from afar, this time his toned arms were being hidden by a half way zipped up sweater. No cap so his eyes were clear to notice how much passion he was putting in.

I tuck my lips in and freeze when his eyes catch me staring.

He smiles with that dimple standing out more than the other “Glad you showed up” I nod as I walked down the empty studio. “—smiling too” He adds

I didn’t even realize I was?

“So everything is better now?”

It was for a moment until he brought it up. No, I’m not going to think negative. I’m not going to let it ruin my day. Stay positive Hayoung, you’ve always been and you’re not going to let one stupid mistake change that aspect of your life.

“It will be” I answer with confidence, convincing myself.

He chuckles “How are you feeling about your solo?”

I my sweater, wrapping it around my waist. I fix my fitted tank and begin to stretch.

“I’m going to see right now” I smile

As I finish warming up I notice him now staring at me, but it wasn’t the expression of just waiting. He seemed like he was observing me and it made me feel a little shy.

I clear my throat and hide my smile as I tucked in my lips.

I walk to the middle of the dance floor while he walked passed me to take side of the full length mirror. I stare at myself, noticing my cleavage was showing and my fitted tank rose up showing my belly. I think now I knew why he was staring.

I feel my face turn hot and I haven’t even danced, I was familiar with the feeling. I was blushing.

“Music please” I ignore the feeling and turn away calming myself.

Once the music starts I begin my steps counting in my head and allowing my mind to just try to feel the music. As I kept going my mind began to think about the memories I had with Sehun and the moments we shared. It was different this time around. It didn’t make me miss him, it made me hate him. It started to get too painful, making me lose focus.

When you’re ready come and get it—

Yixing apologizes over the music that he accidently changed. The lyrics made me stumble causing me to lose my balance. When Yixing turns he immediately rushes towards me concerned. I stand on my own showing him I was fine. I walk over to my speaker and stop it, shaking away the feelings that brought back when Sehun and I danced to it. I quickly change it back to the original song I was preparing for.