Power and Control

Breath of Life

Class continued on with Mr. Yoon’s math lesson but I sat there impatiently, waiting for Sehun to walk in but the longer time passed I knew there was no chance of him coming back to class.

The final bell to go home rang and there was still no sign of him. As I continued walking down the hallways I was debating if I should go to my locker or not. I checked the time and decided to skip my locker and go to Sehun’s, hoping he’ll be there.

I finally reached it and the boys were surrounding it and I spotted that idiot standing along with them. I felt a little relived to know he didn’t get in trouble. I mean I shouldn’t have been worried to begin with, I should be mad but seeing him just calmed me down. I smile to myself coming to terms that I can’t stay mad at him for something so small. I didn’t end up getting in trouble in the end so why stay mad.

I make my way towards Sehun and when I reach up to him I wasn’t sure what to say when I had all four boys staring at me. I clear my throat and meet Sehun’s eyes.

“What happened?” I ask “What did he say?”

Sehun shrugs his shoulders “Everything is okay.”

“So you didn’t get in trouble?”

“I’m still here right.”

Kai asks “In trouble for what?”

“Nothing” He closes his locker “I’ll see you later Cheon.”

He walks off and everyone follows him saying bye to me and Chanyeol rubs my head as he walks pass me.

“See you tomorrow little one” He smiles and I stare at all five walk down the school hallway

I stand there puffing my lips a little bummed out that Sehun left so sudden. At least everything was fine but I still wasn’t convinced that nothing happened. I know Sehun is keeping a secret and I’m going to try my best to find out what that is.

 

 

 

 

“Which one are you going to wear?” Saerin smiles widely as they were getting her hair and make-up ready for tonight’s Charity Event.

I was standing next to a rack of dresses Euaerin’s stylist was sent out to get. It gave us plenty of options to pick in which we would be comfortable with.

“I think you would look killing in any” Kyungri smiles at me

It felt strange to receive compliments but they were my friends and they know that I’m pretty modest so if I didn’t thank them, it’s because I didn’t agree. So to prevent little debates that I am ‘pretty’ I just smile at them.

“Seriously, you can pull off anything” Saerin adds

I look through the wheeled dressing rack scanning through

“I think tonight’s Charity will be a lot more fun than the ones from previous years”

“Is it because Chanyeol is your date?” Kyungri replies

“Of course but that’s not the only reason, right Kyungri?”

“Right, I think it’s cool that this year the guys will come with us”

Saerin sighs “and…”

I end up choosing a dress and the stylist helps me take it off the hanger. I look at Kyungri and while they’re doing her make-up she opens an eye and raises her eyebrow.

“What?” She sounds confused unsure what else to say

“Hayoung’s date” Saerin smiles “Sehun”

I turn around to face her again “I didn’t actually ask, I just invited him”

Saerin holds in her laugh “That’s not what I heard”

I knew she was tricking me to confess but it wasn’t going to happen “You’re lying”

“Sehun’s friends with Chanyeol and we don’t keep anything from each other”

Kyungri interrupts “Wait, are you guys having now?”

Saerin is thrown off and reacts to Kyungri’s question. I point at her taking advantage to change the subject onto her now.

“You are!” The look on her face said it all “Since when?”

“No” She defends herself “Since when did you and Sehun become more than lab partners?”

“I’m not sleeping with him”

“Yet” Kyungri smirks proudly and shares a high five with Saerin

“It’s not going to happen” I defend myself

“Anything can happen” Saerin’s cheeks reach her eyes “We’re good at predicting things”

I cross my arms and the make-up artist finishes off Saerin’s lips and Kyungri was practically done. Saerin stands up and checks herself in the mirror.

“What makes you think if I haven’t lost my ity to anyone before I’m going to now?”

“He’s the one” She turns away from her reflection “Kyungri pointed something out to me”

I look over at Kyungri and she smiles sitting there staring at me through the mirror “Well, he’s the only guy who’s managed to bring the old you back.”

Saerin nods “You finally canceled all your private lessons after school.”

“That doesn’t mean anything”

Kyungri takes her turn “Not any of the guys you’ve dated made you do that.”

I shake my head, amused with my two best friends.

Saerin takes over “Seriously, you would put time into your own things that you’d forget about them, which is why they weren’t successful.” She pauses “You make time for Sehun.”

“He’s a keeper” Kyungri smiles

“Well” I begin to fluster “It’s going to be a long time before that happens.”

Saerin rolls her eyes “You’re already in love with him”

“I just realized I had feelings for him but not—”

“Love has no measurements” I look over at Kyungri “Stop hiding your feelings with us. It’s not like we’re going to tell him, he already knows.”

My eyes pop wide open “How?”

Kyungri panics like she said too much

“Who cares” She reassures Kyungri “It’s better if she knows”

Kyungri continues “Tao overheard Kris and Sehun talking about you. He pretty much said that Sehun admitted to liking you.”

I can’t help but to smile shyly, he liked me? He had a strange way of showing it then but oddly enough I didn’t mind. I think it just brought piece to my mind knowing that he felt the same.

“Awe” Kyungri breaks my thoughts “She’s blushing”

They both start making a fuss about it and start hugging me and jumping with joy for me.

“Wait,” I make them stop jumping “don’t you guys notice anything different about him?”

Saerin pulls her eyebrows together smiling “He got hotter?”

“No, I mean don’t you think it’s strange how he went from top of our class to me replacing his position and being in charge of his grades?”

Both don’t find anything off about it

Kyungri replies “Maybe he got tired and wanted to take it easy his last year”

“Dropping his GPA is taking it easy?”

“Maybe it slipped?” Saerin adds

Kyungri replies before I can respond “Is that why you don’t want to admit you like him? You don’t like the idea that he’s not responsible?”

It was a little tiny reason but it wasn’t the main focus. It was just a constant back and forth battle trying to figure out hiss new way of living life.

Saerin smiles “Don’t let it bother you” She pauses “Don’t let him go easily, it’s going to be hard to find another one to make you stay like this”

Kyungri grins while she nodded her head in agreement with her and they started jumping in place excitedly for me again.

 

 

 

 

The valet opened the door for us as we arrived at the venue. I felt really nervous and that was because I knew Sehun was already here. Kyungri had sent Tao a text asking if they were near and my heart sunk when he replied saying that they were already at the event waiting for us.

“You look ing gorgeous” Saerin smiles “I promise”

Even though they reassured me of it, in my mind I didn’t feel that way at all. My nerves were eating me up alive.

“Maybe you guys should have never told me” I start breathing uneasily. I’m starting to think that it was better to not know how he felt after all.

“Be in charge of the situation like always” Kyungri encourages me “That’s something you’ve always had. Don’t let anything change that"

She was right. I never let anything stop me from having control and I wasn’t going to start now. I take a deep breath and release it all out, taking back a bit of power for tonight.