Convinced

Breath of Life
"Sehun" My mom managed to open my door to my room that I've been locked for the past hours. "Please, don't shut me out."
 
I was lying down on my bed, my back towards her, and ignoring what she had to say.
 
"Sehun," she sits at the edge, placing her hand behind my back and soothes it. "I know what Kyutae said today discouraged you, but don't––"
 
I turn the other way to give my back to her again, keeping my arms crossed.
 
"Just leave me alone mom."
 
I hear her sniff and she moves off away from the bed. "I love you, so much Sehun."
 
My jaw clenched and secretly gave a dirty look, luckily she couldn't see it. It wasn't that I hated her, I just didn't know what to feel right now. Everything was so insignificant and felt like I should just die now. 
 
"Mom," I look for her and she sniffs again "I don't care what you or dad say, I'm not going back to school. There's no reason for me to go. Just this once, give me what I want."
 
She stayed quiet and after a while she softly replied "I'm sure he won't agree but I'll talk to him." 
 
I rest back down and nothing else is exchanged. She closes the door behind her and I shut out. My phone keeps ringing and text messages are being blown up from Chanyeol, Kai, Tao, and even Kris. I sigh because I'm going to have to lie to them again like I did over the summer. I made them think I went to the States, so I'm going to use that same excuse to why I won't be able to talk to them.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Darling, wait" I wake up to the sound of my mom's voice
 
"Sehun, get up." My dad's stern voice makes me look at the direction he's coming from but my eyes were half open so I ignore him and went back to sleep.
 
"Now!" He orders again "Sehun, I'm not going to tell you again. Get up  or I will have you forced to go to school."
 
His threat didn't matter to me, I stayed in bed. I feel my covers be pulled away and my dad yelled at me again.
 
"Let's go!"
 
"You do realize if I go back to school I'm not going to do any of my work." I defend myself.
 
My dad looks pissed and it didn't bother me at all. "I don't care for your reasons Sehun, as long as you're still living under my roof, these are my rules. Now get up and get ready."
 
I sigh and punch the side of my bed as I got up to stand in front of him.
 
"You know what, force me to go!" I raise my voice "Force me to go watch my friends continue living their life, force me to realize I'm not going to be able to graduate with them, force me to remind me that I don't have a ing future. Is that what you want?" I shout
 
My mom's tears ran down her cheeks as she covered and my dad stood there shocked. He clenched his jaw and looked away from me.
 
"Where's that faith now dad?"
 
He points at me "Don't talk like that." He pauses and I can tell he's holding in his tears now. "You can still live a normal life while you can."
 
"What if I don't want to?" I my lips "What if I'm not ready to say goodbye to everyone?"
 
My mom is the one to jump in. "You don't have to see it that way."
 
"Can you guys just be on my side for once?" I gave up "Just support whatever I want to do."
 
Both of my parents stared at me and eventually at each other. My dad had a few more words to say before he agreed. They were both on my side now and whatever I wanted to do, they weren't going to question it anymore.
 
"If I agree to this, there's one condition." My dad places his hands in front of him "The only way to fully excuse your absence is that your uncle allows all your teachers to know your condition so in case you change your mind, you won't automatically fail your classes. Do we have an agreement?"
 
I wasn't planning to go back to school and I didn't want anyone to know my situation but if it was my ticket out, I'll take it.
 
"Make sure they sign something that won't let them talk about it with anyone."
 
My dad nods and we settled it at that.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hayoung kept sending me text messages but I didn't even bother to read them. So, I'm guessing Chanyeol or Kai didn't tell her anything? Or maybe they did and that's why she's trying to reach me? I end up checking her messages just in case but it just had to do with my homework assignments. I put my phone away and go back to sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"They allowed miss Hayoung through the gate. She'll be out front soon."
 
"Tell her I'm busy" I stayed on my bed "Just don't let her in."
 
She nods and excuses herself. After a while I just realized I blew my own cover. Once Misung tells her I'm here, Hayoung might tell everyone else I was home. I'm going to have to text Chanyeol and Kai right now.
 
I sent them one telling them I just arrived back. , why did she have to come?
 
 
 
 
 
 
Over the weekend, I waited to hangout with the idiots. Everything felt different to me. Maybe because I knew I wasn't going to have anymore days like these with them. I still tried to have fun but it was just hard to pretend like things were fine, that I was fine. Once Kai and Chanyeol were distracted, Kris sits next to me and lets out a heavy sigh.
 
"So, how much longer with that bet?"
 
"I'm not going to be around Seoul for a few more weeks. I think that will help. She'll put out easier."
 
"You're not going to be around so how is that going to help?"
 
"Girls tend to want guys more when we're not around."
 
He nods "Or this is all an excuse because you lost."
 
"Lost what Sehun?" Kai asks as he walked up towards us
 
"When do I ever lose Kai?" I stand up "You know how sensitive Kris gets when he never beats me." I pause "Anyway, I'm off. I'm going to hang out with Hayoung."
 
"Whipped!" Kai teases but I ignore him. I walked out of Kris' game room and headed out. I lied about hanging out with Hayoung. I just needed to make Kris believe that I was still working on it. Only because at the moment, the bet was the least thing on my mind.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was done working out and down the hallway I heard a familiar voice. Misung was doing her job and trying to kick Hayoung out.
 
“I’m sorry but even if I do he’s going to send me back here and ask you to leave.”
 
“Fine, then you can just tell him whatever it is that’s between us is over.” 
 
Hayoung's little annoying scene should have made me happy. It was one less worry and her being mad at me could have been perfect to make Kris believe I had with her and tossed her to the side but what if he hears the real reason? 
 
I walked out towards the foyer once Hayoung was gone. Misung stares at me.
 
"Why don't you just tell that poor girl the truth?"
 
"So she can run off and tell my friends?" I shake my head "I'm not going to risk her doing something dumb like that. She'll get over it."
 
"Why can't you?" She pauses "Stop being stubborn and enjoy your time with your friends. Don't waste your time pushing them away. You're not doing any good by doing that. Have you thought about what they'll feel like if they randomly find out one day that their friend is no longer around and they'll wonder how you..."
 
I walk towards the stairs "Tell them I died in a car crash."
 
"It doesn't matter what anyone tells you does it? You're not going to care regardless how much we try to help you realize that you're wrong, are you?"
 
I continue walking up the stairs as she kept talking to me.
 
"Keep in mind, however you want to lie to them about your death, they're all still going to be affected by it. There isn't a way out to prevent from hurting them."
 
As much as I didn't want to hear it, she was right. It hearing the truth and being told I'm wrong. But, I did keep in mind though that I should be enjoying as much as I can with the idiots who have been there for me since middle school and two since kinder. It was just hard being around them knowing what's going to happen to me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A few more days passed and Kris tried reaching me but I kept ignoring his calls. Partly because I had told them another lie. I had told them that I was going to be in and out of Seoul. It was the only way to not make them worry when they didn't see me at school. 
 
Since I didn't answer any of his calls, he eventually left a voicemail.
 
"What's going on, why did you lie about hanging out with Hayoung? You're starting to make me doubt you. It's been a month, almost two." He chuckles "Just admit it, you can't get her to sleep with you. There's nothing wrong with losing once."
 
It's been that long? I ignore the rest of his message and get back to my game but I'm forced to pause it when Misung comes into my room with the house phone. It was my Uncle. 
 
He had told me that Hayoung broke into my locker. I try to remember what I had in there. I shut my eyes thinking I'm ing stupid. My extra spare of prescribed pills were in that locker in case I ran out. How did I forget to toss that out too?
 
Maybe she didn't find it? But it was clear that she was trying to find something. She's definitely a handful and I knew as much as I didn't want to go back to school, I was going to have to. Once her week suspension is over, I'm going to have to finish what I started. 
 
 
 
 
 
When I came back I was expecting my locker to be ed up and hoped that Hayoung didn't find my pills. Except she did, I was starting to lose control of things and I wasn't liking it. What I really wasn't liking was how she was getting on my case about it. The worried and caring Hayoung was annoying the out of me. I pretty much just ended telling her to off. Once I 'ended' things I somewhat regretted it because I wasn't helping myself with the situation on the stupid ing bet.
 
 
 
 
 
Days went by without her talking to me and of course Kris as usual assumed I had lost but it didn't take long for me to come up for a reason that I didn't. I lied and told him she got mad at me for something and that it was all part of my plan, although it wasn't. Tao without knowing defended me. He said that's what couples do, they fight. I wasn't 100% behind his reason but it gave me something to convince Kris that the bet was still on.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I was walking down the hallway and saw Hayoung. Once she looks at me, I look away, acting like I didn't see her. I needed her to come back to me. I didn't want to be the one begging her to get back together or whatever the it was. So, I walked passed her and ignored her. As I kept walking, for some ing dumb reason I look back. Luckily, she didn't. I saw her continue walking and I ended up doing the same.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Did you guys meet that Lay kid?" Kai asks as we walked down the hallway
 
"Who the is that?" Kris asks
 
"The transferred student." He replies "Anyway, are you and Hayoung still fighting?"
 
I look at him "I guess." I wasn't sure what was going on and I was a little worried.
 
Kai raises his eyebrow at me "You still like her, right?"
 
"I don't know." I lied. 
 
"Well, if you still want to be with her you're going to have some stiff competition."
 
I saw Hayoung walking down with that new kid. Kai was right, he seemed too close to her and the way he was staring, it made it obvious he was into her. As much as I didn't want to confess that it bugged me to see her with another guy, it did. I didn't like that one bit. 
 
Kai stopped to talk to her but I kept walking because there wasn't a point for me to stick around. Plus, I really didn't want to be near that kid without wanting to punch his face.
 
There I was again, acting selfish. She deserves to move on but I didn't want her to. Now that I think about it, I was more than convinced with this bet it will be doing me a favor. It's the only way to forget about my feelings, to forget that I love her. 
 

 

 

 

I just wanted to show you guys some love. It's been a while that I've thanked you guys! Muchmuchmuchmuch love! You guys are seriously the A M A Z I N G ones! I really appreciate each and every one of you that continue to read and support this fic! When I say everyone, I mean it. New subscribers, silent readers, my favorite veteran subscribers, friends, non-friends, etc! 

I can go on forever telling you how thankful I am for all of you but words are seriously not enough!

Anyway, putting the massive love aside haha keep hanging in there loves! I won't leave these unanswered, there's still a lot more to come so be patient and kind kk haha L o v e Y o u A l l xoxo