Disagreement

Breath of Life
"Sehun" My father finishes chewing before he speaks again "I want to meet this girlfriend of yours."
 
My eyes go directly to my mother "You told him I'm talking to someone?" I pause "She's not my girlfriend."
 
"Your mother didn't say anything." He responds for her "Your little brother did."
 
Daehun's smile reaches his eyes, making them squint, and playing it out cute as if he didn't do anything wrong. 
 
"She's not my girlfriend" I make sure that comment is clear to everyone.
 
Daehun's smile slowly starts to fade "But you're always with her?"
 
"That doesn't make her my girlfriend D."
 
My mother lightly chuckles "But spending a lot of time with a girl means you have feelings for her."
 
I smirk with my eyebrows in confusion "It's called being friends."
 
My mother hides her smile "When people deny things it's because there's a possibility of truth behind it."
 
Even though I haven't been getting along with my parents lately, we were always a tight family unit and we were always close to each other before we found out I was diagnosed with cancer. So the fact that this conversation made it feel like old times, I was reminded that I shouldn't waste my time being upset with my parents. 
 
My father's chuckle distracts my thoughts "You're not arguing about that so it must be true."
 
But out of all topics to make me realize how badly I've been treating them, why did it have to be Hayoung? My mind thinks about that kiss a few nights ago...
 
"She's just a friend." I nod and this time it wasn't to reassure them, it was to reassure myself.
 
 
 
We all finish up with breakfast and before Daehun left I stopped him.
 
"Why did you tell mom and dad about Hayoung when it's not true?"
 
Daehun smiles "I want her to be. Don't you?"
 
"Why?" This was the time to finally ask him "Why do you like her so much and not the other girls you've seen me with?"
 
He looks away before stares back up at me. "She wasn't afraid to hurt my feelings."
 
"What?"
 
"The other girls only played with me because they wanted you to like them."
 
I chuckle "You're too young to even notice that" I shake my head 
 
"I'm not." He playfully whines "When you weren't around they would stop playing with me and leave me. She didn't use me to get your attention."
 
"Come on mister Daehun" Misung cuts off our conversation without knowing "We have to get you going to school" She smiles
 
Daehun walks off but turns around "Also, she makes you really happy. I've seen it."
 
Misung stares at me and looks away when I make eye contact with her. She walks D out and I follow right behind. My car was ready and before I took the final step I notice Daehun waving bye through the car window. Misung turns to face me once the car drove off.
 
"He's right you know." She softly says "Since you've found out about the unfortunate news that you're sick, I haven't seen you act like yourself in a while."
 
"When I'm with Daehun I act like myself."
 
She nods and softly replies "Or you think you do because you don't want him to see that something is wrong with you."
 
"I'm happy when I'm with Daehun"
 
"I'm not saying that you aren't Sehun." She looks at the ground and then back at me "I've taken care of you since you were that young, I've seen you grow up. I already know the person you are and you changed within the year and since you started talking to this girl––"
 
There was no way I was going to allow everyone around me make me think I have feelings for her, I can't afford that right now.
 
"I'm sorry Misung." I cut her off and continue my steps towards my car. "I have to get going."
 
 
 
 
 
During break Kris and I stayed at his locker while the rest of the guys went to the eating area.
 
"She's still a isn't she?" He smirks
 
"Yeah" I inhale a deep breath and exhale it out "But she's going to put out soon."
 
He shuts his locker and crosses his arms "Oh yeah? If she hasn't why is she now?"
 
"I'm going to make her think we're dating now." 
 
He chuckles "Are you serious?"
 
"You never placed any ground rules" I smirk "So, if being in a relationship is going to get her to have with me then that's what I'm going to do."
 
He shakes his head "All that for nothing."
 
"It's going to prove your wrong. So it is for something, my ing pride."
 
He scoffs amusingly "Okay Oh" He starts to walk but I stay in place. "Are you coming?"
 
I shake my head as an idea came to mind. "I have to be somewhere right now."
 
He nods and leaves me behind. I lied, I didn't have to be anywhere. I just needed to wait for break to be over with. Things were starting to get boring.
 
Once the bell rang, I casually walked down the hallways until I reached Hayoung's locker. I wasn't going to take no for an answer, I was going to make her skip class.
 
 
 
 
 
It was entertaining to see Hayoung nervous that we got caught trying to leave campus and I didn't have a problem giving her hard time about it. But it stopped as soon as my uncle walked in and sat in his desk across from us.
 
He raises his voice “You have one of the best students Daewon has, helping you try to pick up what you slacked off on. I no longer care about your excuse to why you can’t continue—” He stops himself and brings his tone down “I’ve had enough of that, do you understand?”
 
Of course it didn't take long for everything to be blamed on me, even if I was the mastermind behind it so what was I expecting?
 
“Miss Hayoung, you are excused.” He looks over at her “I’ll have Mrs. Wang write you a late pass.”
 
She stands up and it was kind of cute how she was polite bowing at him, I knew deep down she was thankful she wasn't getting in trouble. I decide to stand up as well.
 
"You’re staying” 
 
I sit back down and I look at him. He looked mad and it was a different side I've never seen before. He was harsh on me but never mad. His eyes were staring out straight and I assumed Hayoung hadn't left but I knew she did as soon as I hear the double doors close.
 
When my uncle excused Hayoung, he didn't waste anytime giving me a lecture. 
 
"Do you understand, I care about you Sehun" He pauses "You're like a son to me even if..." He clears his throat "even if we never spent time together, you are someone important to me and just like your parents all I want is the best for you."
 
We weren't always close and it was a shame. I took him for granted and now that I know I don't have that much time left, I wish I gotten to know what he was really like. I felt bad for him, looks like I was hurting more than just my parents.
 
"I understand." 
 
His face was stunned and uncertain if he heard me clearly. "Are you pulling a joke on me?"
 
"I'm being serious."
 
I shake my head and realize a little to late that it was time to get to know him, not as a principal but as a family member. 
 
He still looked skeptical "Thank you Sehun?"
 
I nod once "Did you always want to be the principal at the number one private elite prep high school?"
 
He lightly chuckles "Go to class Sehun."
 
"No," I respond politely "I really want to know." I my lips "I feel bad that you've been my uncle my whole life and I never bothered to care for you."
 
"Well, your father and I never got along. Not until he––"
 
I sigh "You don't have to be careful with what you say around me. I already know I'm dying."
 
"You don't believe you can survive this? Leukemia is treatable."
 
"Does it take a load of treatments for that process?"
 
He doesn't say anything to me, the room is quiet.
 
"You just need to stay positive." He breaks the silence and after takes a short pause. "So are you saying you care for me now?" I hint a smile on his face.
 
My chuckle was low "So you know how to throw a joke?" 
 
We both share a laugh and I was surprised to see how easy we got along. I sat there and to my own surprise my Uncle let me stay in his office and gave me what I asked for. He let me know him as my uncle. It's funny after so many years that I had the time to know him I never cared and even though it took something bad to happen to me, I'm glad we're doing it now.
 
 
 
 
 
"" Kris' chuckles and I turn away from my locker to face him "You like her."
 
"What?"
 
"You're really into her"
 
I suddenly understood what Kris was talking about. "I'm only trying to make it seem like I am."
 
He shakes his head and has big grin on his face "I already caught how you are around her. I saw you at the parking lot."
 
"It's part of my plan."
 
"Just admit it. You like her."
 
"Who are you guys talking about?" Tao's voice makes me turn the other direction. "Are you talking about Hayoung?"
 
I ignore his question 
 
"Sehun" Tao smiles "Do you really like her?"
 
"Not now Tao."
 
This just keeps getting annoying, why is everyone making a big deal about it? Does it look that convincing? Thankfully I didn't have to answer him when I saw Chanyeol and Kai walk up to us.
 
"What are we doing today?" I ask Kai
 
He fixes his hair "Let's eat meat?"
 
"Eat until we gain weight?" Chanyeol smirks
 
I nod and catch Hayoung walking towards us.
 
“What happened?” She asks “What did he say?”
 
There she was, worrying again and at this point I just had to accept that's how she is. I shrug my shoulders letting her know that everything is okay because it was. I responded as calm as possible and walked away once Kai started to get curious. We left Cheon behind but Kai added something.
 
"You getting in trouble?" He smirks "Yup, you're really not the old Sehun"
 
I nod agreeing to his comment.
 
Chanyeol puts his arm around my shoulder "Lets see if bad boy Sehun can still keep his eating title."
 
He removes his arm once Kris started a small conversation but I stayed behind with Tao next to me.
 
"Tell me" He smirks "Do you?"
 
I sigh and he kept bothering me with the same question. When I don't respond he begins to beg and bother me about it.
 
"Shut up" 
 
He laughs "Just tell me"
 
"If I tell you will you ing leave me alone?" I smirk and he nods "I do like her." I lied.
 
He claps "I knew it." 
 
"Don't say ."
 
He nods again "She likes you too."
 
Even though I had a feeling she was already into me it was weird hearing it from someone else. Tao kept filling me in on what he thinks about Hayoung. He actually thought she was good for me, I completely disagreed to myself but acted like I was interested to him. However, something I didn't think before crosses my mind. I'm really going to hurt her.
 

 

I want to wish a BELATED BIRTHDAY TO KimMiYaa! I wish I could have given her an update on her birthday as a present and I feel awful I couldn't pull through. I feel awful that I'm still not doing my triple updates but I've been getting busy but I know once Christmas break starts you guys are going to wish there weren't any updates hahah LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH AND OF COURSE LOTS OF LOVE GIRLY! I hope you enjoyed your birthday with all your loved ones 
 
 
 
Thank you for the love and support everyone xoxo