Heartless

Breath of Life

Misung nods and takes Daehun’s little hand from mine “Let’s go Mr. Daehun”

“We’re going to play after right?” He smiles

“Not today Daehun” Sehun replies for me “She’s not going to stay long.”

“But—”

“Not today” He raises his voice, showing clear brother authority and Daehun frowns. I felt bad but maybe it was for the best, after this talk there was no way I could stay.

He motions me to step inside his room and I look away from his gaze, annoyed. When I enter his bedroom I noticed his modern taste and style. It wasn’t messy but it wasn’t clean.

I ignore my surroundings and get straight to the point.

“So you’re ballzy enough to punch someone in the face and leave school?” I turn around as he stood behind his closed doors “Big shocker there” I say sarcastically.

He doesn’t reply and it didn’t take long for me to get impatient.

“Why’d you do it?”

“I don’t know” He murmurs

“Stop bulling and start giving me answers!”

“I don’t know” He shouts back and walks passed me

“Fine” I turn my hands into fists “ your answers. I’m tired of all of this. I’m tired of you keeping your secret away from me. I’m tired of your reasons. I don’t understand how you can go weeks without talking to acting as if nothing happened between us.”

I pause. I could feel my anger break me down. I started choking on my words. I stared at his back and suddenly the conversation I had in mind was no longer irrelevant when my real feelings began to surface and I started to express how I really felt.

“I’m tired of you making me feel like nothing else matters if you’re not part of my life. I hate that I can’t be myself without you around. I hate that you make me feel like I need you.” I feel my vision begin to blur “Regardless of all the stupid you do, I can’t stay mad without wanting to be with you again and I hate you for that. I want it to stop…”

My eyes lost control and tears began to pour down my cheek. I was about to continue until Sehun turns around and aggressively locks his lips with mine. He pressed onto me and deepens the kiss. He continued to kiss me and I allowed him. I allowed him because I was in love with him like an idiot. I place my hands cupping his cheeks and getting lost in temptation.

He removed my uniform blazer and vest. He started removing his shirt and for the first time I saw how truly beautiful this idiot is, my beautiful idiot.

 He pulls me back in towards him, locking my lips again and takes me to his bed, slowly laying me down. Once my back was resting on his sheets, he nested in between my legs, and took control over every inch of my body.

 

 

 

I sat on Sehun’s bed fully clothed in my uniform with my face flushed as he placed his shirt back on. I felt a little embarrassed of what just happened between us. My intentions weren’t to come here to lose my ity and although it wasn’t special how I always planned it, the fact that I lost it to someone I love meant so much more.

I smile to myself remembering his body all over mine. I look down at the bracelet, realizing I never took it off.

“I forgot to give you something” I stand up and remove his bracelet from my wrist. I hand it to him but he just stares at it “Now you have forever as time”

He nods “That’s stupid” He smirks

“Yeah,” I look down and chuckle lightly “I had a feeling it was a silly gift as a birthday present.” I pause “Maybe I can take you out to eat as a belated birthday present at that café you—”

“You’re right.” He interrupts me “Things should stop here.”

“What?” Both of my eyebrows pull in together with confusion covering my face

“That kid at the dance studio would treat you better. He seems to care more for you than I do.”

The words that were coming out of his mouth were hard for me to grasp. Is he being serious?

“I’ll talk to my uncle to get the senior class president to start looking out for my so you don’t have to anymore and we can forget about all of this.”

Suddenly everything added up. He used me? That’s all he wanted from me? I was angry but yet my heart was ripping out of my chest. It didn’t take long for my vision to get blurry again.

“ you” I clench through my teeth

“You just did Cheon.”

My breathing was starting to shake and I felt like I could collapse at any moment. I throw his bracelet at him and storm out of his room, fighting my tears from escaping. I ran downstairs and see Daehun waiting for me his small voice tells me something but I can’t hear a word.

I ran out of the house without saying anything else and I can no longer hold in my tears. The private valet hands me my car and without thanking him I get in and drive off.

 

 

 

I slam the door to my room with Sumi concerned on the other side “Hayoung?”

“Please, just leave me alone!” I shout

I bang my head on the door for being so stupid, for not allowing myself to think rationally. Not only did I hate him for using me, I hated myself for letting it happen. I couldn’t control my breathing along with my tears. I tried to stop but thinking about his words, refreshed my memory and it caused me to break down even more.

 

 

 

 

 

After hours of crying, I finally managed to breathe again. My tears were still stuck in my eyes as my stomach rested on my bed, ignoring Saerin’s and Kyungri’s text messages.

The only thing that was going through my mind was thinking how could he do this to me? Then my tears started to pile up when I came to think that he possibly never liked me, because how can someone hurt the person they love?

“Hayoung” I hear Sumi talk through my door “You’ve been locked in your room all day. You need to come out and eat something.”

I ignore her as she tries knocking on the door. She keeps trying to convince me to unlock my door but no matter what she said I didn’t move an inch. I zoned her out and closed my eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

I looked at my reflection in my mirror as I got ready for school. I didn’t have energy to go to the dance studio this morning just like I don’t have strength to go to class. I just hope he doesn’t show up today because for once I really didn’t want to see his face.