Caught

Breath of Life

We were all having our lunch except Kris and Sehun weren’t around as usual, which was a good thing since Yixing has been eating with us for the past few days.

“You guys better be ready this weekend” Chanyeol smiles excitedly “Saerin no wine shots”

Everyone laughs except Yixing since he has no idea why we were so I ended explaining it to him. He politely laughed and Saerin mimics everyone making fun of her.

We were all smiling until Kyungri walks up to us. It was very obvious she was upset about something. She took my wrist and forced me up.

“You too Saerin”

“What?” She asks matching my confused face

“Grab your stuff” She uses a strict tone with us, something she never does. “Yixing you can stay or come with us.”

Chanyeol and Kai get up

“Don’t” She raises her tone at them

Tao comes running towards the table “Kyungri, stop”

She ignores him and drags me with her in the opposite direction Tao was coming from.

“What happened?”

I ask her but she doesn’t reply. Saerin tried as well but she didn’t get a response either.

“Kyungri” I shout and that made her stop her steps

“We can’t talk about it here.” She snaps and the bell rings. “I’ll talk to you guys later”

Saerin and I stare at each other, sharing the same look. As she walks off Tao was following her again. Chanyeol and Kai reach us.

“What the was that?” Kai asks

No one was able to respond because we were all clueless, I wonder what Tao did?

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing and I walked down the hallways but I could swear I felt some people stare at me. As we reached class Haeryung exchanges eye contact with me and looks away once we do. She rushes into class and takes her seat. It was strange, she normally smiled at me.

Yixing walks to his seat as I take mine next to Haeryung’s.

Again, she doesn’t say hi to me and I was a little bothered by her gesture.

“What’s wrong Haeryung?”

She swallows as she looks around unsure where to set her gaze.

“Did something bad happen with the senior page?”

She whispers “No”

I gently ask “Then?”

“I don’t know how to tell you” She pauses and before I can get another word in Mr. Hwang walks in class with Sehun following right behind as the bell rung.

I stare at her trying to figure out in my mind what she was keeping from me.

 

 

 

 

I walked towards Kyungri’s locker and I noticed Saerin was there with her.

“I don’t know if I can even tell her” I catch Kyungri’s comment

“What’s going on?” I ask

Both of them look over at me, startled.

“ing tell her” Saerin demands from Kyungri

She shakes her head “Not here”

“Everyone is starting to talk about it”

I had no idea what was going on.

“ this” Saerin turns over to me “Sehun and Kris made a bet on you.”

I heard her clearly but it was so straight forward that it threw me off

She continues “Sehun won it.”

Kyungri speaks in a low voice “That’s what you wanted to tell us the other day wasn’t it? That you ended having with him.”

I was still stuck on the bet part so I wasn’t able to respond to her.

Saerin was livid “ing s!”

She walks away from us and walks down the hallway, Kyungri follows but I stay in place. A bet, I was a stupid bet?

Somehow I found my feet and was right behind my two friends. Saerin reached the group of boys and pushed Chanyeol.

“You knew!” She raises her voice “You knew this whole time!”

“What are you talking about?” His big eyes had nothing but confusion and surprise to them

She pushes him again “You’re a ing !”

Kai pulls her away and she shoves his arms away. I watch Sehun close his locker, about to walk away but I stand in front of him.

“I was a ing bet?” His eyes look away with annoyance “Why? Why did you do it?” I snap

My tears were being locked because I pushed them from blurring my vision, I didn’t want to let him see me like this. He walks off and I let him.

“I swear” Chanyeol defends himself “We had no ing idea Saerin”

“Bull” She shouts

“Stop” I raise my voice “Leave it the alone!”

I walk up to Chanyeol and Kai “I hope you guys had fun.”

Kai is the one to speak “We promise we weren’t a part of it.”

This conversation was pointless and I decided I wasn’t going to waste my time on it. Without saying else I walk away. There were no words to describe how I felt. The main one would be absolutely ing dumb, beyond dumb!

Walking down the hallways didn’t help my situation as I heard everyone say different things about me but they were all the same, they were all judging me.

“She has with Sehun and now she’s hooking up with Kris? ”

 

“I heard she’s ing all three. I wonder if she’s down to do it with me now.”

 

“If I was the transfer kid, I would ing ditch her”

 

“Sehun is ing down”

 

“I don’t think she knew she was a bet”

 

“That’s what the gets.”

 

“I lost all respect for her.”

 

Yeah, I did. I felt the exact same way towards myself.