Ordinary Day

Breath of Life

The morning was a little upsetting since everyone was meeting up for brunch before all heading out to Lay’s lake house. My morning started off with having a short meal and being driven to the destination that ruined my plans.  I normally loved volunteering and I never minded helping others out, it’s just this was exactly what I didn’t want my summer to be consisted on. I sigh as I remind myself that it’s only going to be for two weeks, that’s it.

 

My driver finally pulls up and I notice we’re outside Seoul’s National University Hospital. Mr. Choi is a doctor. Makes sense to why Euaerin didn’t want to make the family name look bad if we rescheduled. The door opens up for me and I stare up at the huge building.

Once I walk inside I feel lost and small. I pucker my lips to the side and air through my teeth. I look around trying to figure out where to go but when I saw the ladies in the front desk, I suddenly felt dumb.

I walk up to them with a genuine smile and I receive one in return.

“Hello, how can I help you today?” She smiles

“I’m here to see Mr. Choi” I look up trying to remember his first name

“Mr. Choi?” She pauses “We have five Doctors under the last name Choi”

That didn’t narrow anything down.

“I can’t remember” I smile shrugging my shoulders “My name is Cheon, Hayoung. I know he’s expecting me. I’m here to—”

“Oh” She smiles “Yes, you’re here for the youth volunteer program. Then you are here to see Dr. Choi Kyutae. I’ll give his office a call to let them know you’re being sent up”

I thank her and afterwards she instructs me what floor to take. I bow and walk towards the elevator. Somehow it reminded me of the time Sehun and I used the one in his father’s company, where he embarrassed me with his stupidity. I couldn’t help but to laugh at the memory, catching myself, effectively shaking it away.

 

The elevator doors open and I step out to another big spacious floor. This time a young woman appears with a small smile on her face.

“Miss Cheon?”

I nod

“I’m Dr. Choi’s assistant, please follow me”

I do as I’m told and as we walked around I realized I’ve never been to a hospital before so everything was intriguing to me. When my mother was found in her damaged car, I was dancing in my audition not having a clue she was dying. My dad got the call to clarify her body while I was in school, mad at her for missing an important day for me. So I wasn’t able to see her lying in a hospital bed, the thought just gave me an undesired feel of agitation.

 

 

The assistant knocks on the transparent door that was Dr. Choi’s office, he looks up and smiles once we step in.

He stands up “Miss Hayoung” He walks up towards me as I bowed for him “I’m glad you’re here. You’re the perfect representative for a wonderful program that teens should be more aware of. Thank you for taking up your time for being here”

His words suddenly made me feel guilty for secretly not wanting to be here.

“Thank you” I bow again

He claps his hands together once “Let’s get started”

 

 

 

 

 

Once I got home, my feet were dragging up stairs. Today Mr. Choi was just pretty much giving me a history lesson on the hospital and their cause for the program. Which was a great thing but it took about three hours for an introduction, a small lunch break, another good hour for paper documents to scan through, and the remaining time for a few power points. I was there from 10:30am to 4:00pm and I honestly just wanted my mind to have a break.

“How was it?” Sumi’s voice appears and I didn’t have the energy to look down the stairs

“Mm” I humph

She chuckles “That fun?” She pauses “I’ll have your dinner sent to you upstairs tonight then.”

I couldn’t even reply to thank her but she knew I was, since I always thanked her everything.

 

When I throw myself on my bed a sense of relaxation reached every inch of my body. It felt so good that I didn’t even want to move. My phone vibrates notifying me I have a text message.

 

    «Messages                          Lay                                      Edit   

                                    Jun 28, 2013, 5:15 PM

As you made me promise, letting you know I made it safe.

                                    Jun 28, 2013, 5:16 PM

Now, go down on me.

Lay needs some Lay time

Yeeeeeeyeah!

                                    Jun 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

Sorry, that was Kai and Chanyeol

 

                             Text  Message                                       Send  

 

I let a small chuckle escape only imaging those two, it felt like if nothing bad happened between us.

 

    «Messages                          Lay                                      Edit   

                                    Jun 28, 2013, 5:17 PM

Sorry, that was Kai and Chanyeol

                                   Jun 28, 2013, 5:19 PM

                          It’s okay. Looks like you’re going to have fun

                                   Jun 28, 2013, 5:20 PM

Not half as much. I already miss you.

                                   Jun 28, 2013, 5:21 PM

                                                                               I miss you too

                                   Jun 28, 2013, 5:22 PM

I’m sure your beat from a long day, I’ll let you rest.

See you on Sunday or Monday

                                   Jun 28, 2013, 5:23 PM

                                                                                          Be safe

 

                             Text  Message                                       Send   

 

After the last text message I wasn’t sure if he replied back but all I know is that my eyes felt heavy, they were slowly closing, and I could no longer see or hear anything around me as I went to sleep on my comfy bed.