Invitations

Breath of Life
The dandelion seed crystal glass necklace was the last thing I needed to put on before heading downstairs for dinner with the Zhang's. I smile at my reflection, not because I was satisfied with how I looked but because I was a very happy and a lucky girl. 
 
 
 
 
 
Yixing's family is so sweet and well-mannered, the best part is that they seemed genuine. His older brother is just as handsome and his sister is stunning. Euaerin quickly clicked with his mother and my father was skilled to carry a conversation without letting it die down. For the most part everything was going rather smoothly. 
 
When we were all done having our dinner, we carried on into the guest living area. Except Yixing and I went into my bedroom with the doors wide open, I didn't want to give anyone a bad impression by being alone in a room with him.
 
"Do you like them?" I shared my ideas with him about the Charity event for this weekend and I scanned through my desk to find the invitation. I wanted to personally hand it to him since I knew I'd be seeing him tonight.
 
He smiles "This is really cool"
 
"Maybe I should hand this to your parents instead." I chuckle
 
He hands it back to me and his dimple was in sight "You don't need to impress them. They already like you."
 
His answer caught me off guard, I wasn't trying to make a good impression on his parents and it was flattering how he complimented me even though I wasn't trying my best. The atmosphere was starting to change and to prevent from that happening, I needed to bring up a different subject.
 
"The invitation has a plus one, so each one of you can bring a guest."
 
"Sehun is going to be there, isn't he?" He softly confirms and I nod "Maybe, I shouldn't go."
 
"What? Yes, you are. It's for a good cause."
 
"He's not going to be happy about it though."
 
"Can you two just get along?" I murmur to myself but somehow Yixing picked it up.
 
"I wouldn't have a problem with it." He pauses "I'll try."
 
I smile to his kindness and hope Sehun can do the same.
 
 
 
 
 
"Why did you send my parent's an invitation?" Sehun asks as he finally arrived and met up with us at Coex Mall. 
 
It felt like the old days when we all started hanging out. Tao and Kyungri were in their own little world. Kai and Chanyeol never stopped playfully insulting each other. Saerin and I had our own side conversation as we all sat around a table enjoying our bubble tea. 
 
"All of our families are invited." Tao smirks 
 
I smile "Why are you asking me now? Invitations were sent out on Monday?" 
 
"I didn't find out about it before I left home today. Did you really think I would be fine with it?" He smiles "I would have mentioned something the day I knew they went out."
 
"Well, get over it" I tease "I didn't want them to miss their son give out a very important speech."
 
Chanyeol's laugh echoes through the busy mall "Seriously?"
 
Sehun gives his friend a deadly stare but it didn't stop the giant from laughing. It didn't take long for Kai to join on the action.
 
"I can't wait for that " Kai smirks "Why is he giving a speech?" He turns to ask me
 
My eyes stay locked on Sehun, it was obvious that he hadn't told his friends much of anything. I didn't want to reply for him because I wasn't sure if he wanted everyone to know that he personally knows all these little children. 
 
"I think he will be a good asset for the event."
 
Chanyeol adds "Yeah, would be a perfect way to put it. I mean asset."
 
"Wait," Kai straightens his back "Why are you having him do it?"
 
"Well," I share a look with Sehun, hinting me to not say anything. "Girls will most likely volunteer because of the girl perspective of it. If they see a guy, especially someone cool, it would most likely influence them to want to do what he's doing."
 
"Sehun is cool?" Kai raises his eyebrow 
 
He takes a seat next to me "Ah-ha-ha" He rolls his eyes "That joke is ing overplayed"
 
The three boys started attacking each other and while that happened Saerin wanted to take advantage of the situation to start a private conversation with me.
 
"So," she carefully looks around to make sure no one is really paying attention to us "How did that dinner go?"
 
"Fine" I sip from my straw, not wanting to talk about it now.
 
"He doesn't know you had dinner with Lay and his family?"
 
My eyes give her the-shut-up=glare but it was too late. Sehun caught it and turns to face me.
 
"You had dinner with Lay?" 
 
Everyone in the table stayed quiet and looked at both of us. Saerin's face was filled with guilt and apology. I turn to face him and try to convince him, it wasn't anything bad.
 
"My parent's wanted to have dinner with his."
 
He nods "Okay." He gives me a small smile.
 
He wasn't upset? I actually didn't mind that at all, it actually made me feel relieved. 
 
 
 
After the mall we all went our separate ways. Sehun walked me to my car but he was awfully quiet. I was able to tell by the look in his eyes that something was upsetting him.
 
"What?" I kindly ask
 
He takes a deep breath, inhales it and exhales it out and gives me a smile. It seemed like the smile was forced to make me think that nothing was wrong.
 
He shakes his head "Nothing."
 
He opens the car door for me but I don't get inside. My hand grabs the top edge of the door where his hand is placed.
 
"Tell me" I look into his eyes, letting him know that I'm here for him.
 
He looks away from my gaze. "It's just..." He pauses "I don't know if I can ever tell those idiots that I have cancer."
 
Suddenly I felt his pain. 
 
He continues "We've all been friends for so long." He his lips "I never kept anything away from them. I never liked them worrying for me." He lightly chuckles 
 
"But, have you thought how they would feel like once they do?"
 
He gulps and nods "I just don't want them to be weird around me."
 
I his back hand "Well, whenever your heart is ready you'll let them know." I smile "––and I'll be right there when you do."
 
He lightly laughs "Will you? You won't be at another dinner with what's his face..."
 
I lightheartedly chuckle "Yixing––Lay," I tuck a strand of lose hair behind my ear as my smile stuck on my face "No." 
 
"Why didn't you tell me?"
 
His gentle soft voice threw me off, he never used that tone with me and it really touched my heart.
 
My shoulders shrug "I don't know. I just thought you wouldn't like the idea."
 
"I don't but it doesn't help if you kept it from me." He pauses "If I knew this kid didn't like you then I would have been fine with it."
 
My grin grows bigger eventually showing my teeth "Are you jealous?"
 
He tries to play it off cool like he didn't hear me. He puts his black sunglasses on and his lips, fixing his backwards cap. 
 
"Where are you off to now?" He changes the subject
 
I guess he didn't have to admit it when I kind of knew deep down that he was.
 
"Home" I cross my arms "I have to finish up a few more things before tomorrow night."
 
He nods "Daehun wants to see you"
 
I giggle "Then, I guess the planner is going to have to wait a little longer."