Confessions

Breath of Life
Saturday morning was the usual. I was sitting in the dinning room with Euaerin having our breakfast and I told myself last night I was going to fill her in on my personal life. 
 
It was easy to open up to her, surprisingly. I explained the whole situation to why I stayed friends with Lay. I mentioned how I ended up with Sehun, more like I confessed to her my feelings towards him.
 
"See," Her smile reaches her eyes "I always knew there was someone."
 
I nod "I think mom would have replaced him for me. He dances too and Euaerin when he dances" I pause "You wonder how someone like that can exist."
 
She finishes taking her last bite before responding "The first time I met him that's all I could think of." We both chuckle "Don't tell your father I was looking at another man, especially a young one."
 
"I won't" I smile and pause wanting advice now from a grown woman's perspective. "Do you think I was wrong for doing all of that?"
 
She sighs "Sometimes, especially since you're young you are going to encounter situations you don't want to face. You're going to be in battles you don't want to confront and there are times when people will get hurt from it." She lightly smiles "The heart will make the final decision and whether you like it or not, it will hurt someone but you have to remind yourself that there is nothing wrong with wanting to be happy."
 
Her words made me realize something. "Then how come you didn't allow yourself to be happy when you knew my parents were going to get married?"
 
She smiles, placing her fork down and resting her elbows on the table. Her chin on her knuckles and staring at me.
 
"When he met your mother I thought she was extremely lovely, just like you." She pauses "She was perfect for him and there was no way I was going to allow my feelings spoil that." She leans back in the chair, playing with her necklace. "You have to keep in mind that the person you hurt will move on from the pain and find their own set of happiness again. It's hard at first but it will get better, slowly but surely."
 
"So you didn't feel good enough for my dad?"
 
She lightly chuckles "I believe life has it's reasons." She sits straight up again "Sometimes, people are put into our lives so we can save them. That's what your mother did for your father." She smiles "He was struggling with what your grandfather asked of him. Even if I was his close friend it didn't matter what I said and there are certain people out there who will have a bigger impact. He met your mother and as they bonded, she wasn't afraid to confess her love. I think and still believe that's what got him through it all, love." She nods "Life is all about the decisions you make. I picked my path to move on and allow her to make your father happy and he was."
 
It was heart-felting to see Euaerin in a different light. I always respected her for what she did but this was the first time she actually had a heart to heart with me about her personal life.
 
"So all in all" She adds "I don't think you were wrong." She smiles "You chose who you want to be with for a reason. Sehun makes you happy and Lay will be alright, maybe right now he won't be but I promise there will be someone or something to make him happy again."
 
She wasn't wrong. Sehun was in the line of leaving this earth and if I didn't run for class president, I would have never known his struggles. Everything played a part and I was just thankful I met Sehun. I might have gotten to know him for a short-period time but I'm happy I was at least able to know the real Oh Sehun.
 
"I turned out fine when your parents married. I focused on school to get started on my career and devoted myself to host charity events. Life really turned out for me" She smiles 
 
I nod really admiring her "Now, you're married to my dad." I pause "How crazy is that?" I smile
 
"Excuse me" Sumi politely interrupts "Miss Hayoung has a package."
 
"Bring it in" Euaerin smiles and shortly after Sumi returns with a small wrapped box.
 
I smile and notice a small note. When I open it I couldn't put my grin away. 'Happy belated birthday Cheon' I already knew who it was from. There was only one person who called me that. Sehun stuck to his words, he said he was going to step it up and so far, it seemed like he was.
 
I open the box and I gasp. There was no way! My heart was beating out of control. I pull out the gold thin chain that was holding a small clear crystal ball with dandelion seeds inside. He remembered.
 
"Is that?" Sumi asks, speechless as well because she knows what this meant to me.
 
"What?" Euaerin asks
 
I felt tears blur my vision but they were tears of joy.
 
"Oh my gosh, Sumi" I was overwhelmed with happiness "This is a gold dandelion seed crystal glass necklace." I pause trying to compose myself "I've been wanting this for so long. My mom loved dandelions, especially the seeds. She said that she preferred to keep a seed, that way she could always grow a wish everyday." I pause "She had lost the dandelion seed and she was devastated and I was planning to find her a necklace like this for her birthday but..."
 
I didn't have to finish the last sentence because we all knew perfectly well what I was going to say. I couldn't believe Sehun remembered this story.
 
"It's absolutely beautiful" Sumi was even holding in her tears because she saw how hard I struggled to find a necklace like this at that time. 
 
My mother's birthday was on the 21st of September, exactly two months from now. She lost the dandelion seed three months before her accident. I was on a hunt to find a dandelion myself but so she wouldn't lose it, I tried finding a necklace for it. Then the worst happened and I was never able to find the necklace or give it to her.  My chest was aching but in a good way, this was unexpected and I really appreciated what he's done.
 
Euaerin breaks away my thoughts "So, who's it from?"
 
I smile "The best boyfriend in the world"
 
The doorbell rings and Sumi excuses herself. Euaerin smiles and asks to grab the necklace herself. I hand it to her and while she admires it, I stare at the card again.
 
"Hayoung" Sumi smiles "It's for you"
 
 
 
 
Sehun was standing right out the door with a shy cute smile on his face.
 
"Hi" I don't hesitate to wrap my arms around him "Thank you" I whisper in his ear and quickly kiss him on the cheek before anyone walks in on us. When we pull away he nods.
 
"Can you be ready..." He checks his wrist that held the infinity bracelet "Now?"
 
I chuckle "I need to change, fix my hair, and do my make-up"
 
"Just grab your chucks" He scoffs in amusement "You look the same all the time."
 
I cross my arms to how he can change a sweet mood into a joke in an instant.
 
"Come on" He starts to walk off not giving me a chance to ask any further questions.
 
 
 
I used the mirror in his car to at least fix my hair that was in a messy bun. I wasn't satisfied with how I looked. I was stuck with jean shorts, my ivory long hem cardigan that covered my rear, a coral pink low v-neck that was partly tucked in the front, and my white low tops.
 
When he parks the car I look around and notice we're outside my mom's studio.
 
"What are we doing here?" 
 
I ask and he smiles without saying anything. He gets out of the car and I follow him. We finally step into the dance studio where I used to practice and receive such lovely criticism from him. There was nothing in sight as I walked in front of him, making me feel more confused to why we were here. I turn around to ask him what he's up to when I find him hiding behind five different color delphiniums. 
 
Hie intense eyes smiling as he handed me one by one.
 
"Blue–to calm your worries. Purple–for admiring everything you do. Lavender–to represent your beauty, inside as well as on the outside. White––a reminder that you are perfect even with imperfections." He teases "Pink––it means a lot of things but to me, it mostly represents the way you make me feel inside." He pulls a red rose out from behind and looks away shyly "Red––to let you know that this was the exact spot I felt something for you." He his lips "––and this is going to be the first spot where I want to tell you that...I love you."
 
My smile faded as I heard his words, those three words and eight letters. My ears honestly felt like I didn't hear him correctly. My heart dropped down to my stomach and my knees felt like they could give in at any second.
 
"You––" I couldn't even speak because I wasn't expecting Sehun to do any of this, it was something he would never do. 
 
He cups my face and pulls me in "I really do." 
 
That means, he really did care for me before he used me. The day I lost my ity, when he made me believe that's all he wanted me for, I thought I made the biggest mistake. But his confession brings peace to my mind. He really did feel something deep down inside while I was making love to him.
 
"Are you being serious?" Tears of joy escape my eyes and I feel really embarrassed crying in front of him like this.
 
He nods "I can be romantic if I want" He rubs his nose with mine and rests his forehead with mine "But I prefer not to." 
 
"Yeah" I chuckle as I sniff and wipe away my tears "It's not really your style"
 
"Whatever you say Cheon" He kisses my lips and I allow myself to get lost with his touch.