Insight

Breath of Life
"I'm going to want him to stay another few days before I put him on home lease." Kyutae stares at Sehun's parent's as we were outside the waiting room. "His body isn't strong enough to be standing on it's own. He can still walk around with support from someone but preferably for his health it'd be best if he remained resting."
 
They nod and as I heard what he had to say I decided to excuse myself. I walked around and for some reason I walked towards the Youth Program. I smiled as I noticed Mira waving at me. I decide to walk in and spend time with her. I needed someone to make me smile. 
 
Mira was drawing and wrote me little notes so she can communicate with me. We even played with my phone and took some silly photos together. I haven't genuinely smiled since I've been here and I was thankful for her that she was able to make me feel the bit of contentment.
 
My phone rings and Yixing's name appeared on the caller ID. I stand up and step out of the room to answer.
 
"Hey" 
 
"Hi" His voice was soft "I've been wanting to call but I thought you might have wanted space." He pauses "How is he?"
 
I sigh "I want to say good but..." I take a long pause "I'm scared."
 
"Don't be." He replies kindly "He is good." He stops for a second "You want to know why?"
 
I respond back "Why?"
 
"He has you."
 


 

“She died in a car accident four years ago.” She pauses and got into detail about how she lost her mother. The information was pretty heavy but yet I felt some what of sympathy for her. Then again, she's living based on something that happened four years ago.

 
I break the silence “But you’re wasting your own time. You have a whole life ahead of you and the way you’re choosing to live it…” I stop myself “You should just feel grateful that you’re still here.”
 
That's what she didn't understand, that's what bugged me about her.
 
She nods “But you can never be so sure.” She bites her lip “You can see someone today and the next they can be gone.”
 
When she looks down at the table there was something about it that really made me feel bad for her. It made me feel like I have been too much of a . I mean, half of it is my bi-polar mood but as much as I didn't want to admit it, I should take it a little easy on her. Another thing I didn't want to admit it is that we are similar in a way. She worried about not having enough time, something I can relate. Her words made me think of my little brother. I'm trying to spend as much time with Daehun because he's innocent, he doesn't know anything, and the fact that he's going to be alone after I'm gone worries me.
 
“I just want to be perfect to give in return the things I never did when she was around.”
 
When she looks up at me, she breaks away my thoughts. So, that explains her reason behind being miss perfect. Another similarity between us, she had a secret of her own and even if I didn't want to accept it, I got to understand the real Hayoung.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“What are you doing tomorrow?” I ask
 
She softly laughs "What don’t I do?”
 
That was actually a pretty good joke. "Can I see you later?”
 
I kept my eyes fixed in front of me, looking away from her. 
 
“You know where I’ll be” She responds and without adding anything else she says goodnight. Once she's out, I drive off and I could tell she was slowly opening up to me, she made it pretty clear when she shared that crap with me at the cafe. Looks like I'll be able to beat Kris on that bet after all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the music stopped our breathing didn't. I never actually stared at Hayoung, I never bothered to look at her so being this close gave me a chance to judge her. I was hoping I could find one flaw but there was nothing. I stared at her eyes, they were really...different. She stared at me back and it was starting to make me feel uncomfortable. I aggressively let go of her hands. 
 
“You don’t need me to help you.” I needed to get out of here. I knew this was a bad idea, I wasn't sure why I even allowed it to happen. I said I was never going to dance again. The annoying part is that I really miss it and I wish I didn't have to give it up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"How did you find this spot?" She asks
 
I sit there quietly. I stare far out as I thought about the day I ran into the bluffs by accident. I found it the morning when Kyutae told me I had Leukima. I exhale a deep breath out at the memory.
 
She quickly adds “You know what? It’s okay. You don’t have to tell me.”
 
The only reason I brought her here was so she can just have with me. I thought by just showing her this place it would make her feel special and I'd be able to get this bet over with. However, there was something stoping me. I couldn't make a move, my old self was slowly returning...I was starting to care.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Where is Hayoung Sehun?" Daehun looks up at me as we were in line to get Patbingsu. 
 
I sigh "You really like her don't you?"
 
He nods "She's really nice and pretty"
 
I chuckle "Yeah, I remember you telling me the first time you saw her."
 
He smiles and for some reason, her eyes come to mind. The shape, the color, and the look ran through my thoughts. I shake my head to brush it off. Hayoung is just another pretty face and there's nothing special about her.
 
"Which one are you going to want?" I ask him as it was almost our turn, he tells me what he wants and nod once I know. My phone vibrates and it's Chanyeol.
 
"Where are you ?" 
 
"What's up?"
 
"You're on speaker" He confirms "We're hungover––bring us food."
 
"I'm not your ing maid." I joke
 
Kai chuckles "I don't mind some role playing"
 
"Exactly" Chanyeol joins "You'd like it from behind since you're acting like a ."
 
I chuckle "Yeah" I reply sarcastically. "Well, I can't. I'm with D."
 
"Always ditching us for the little man" Kai adds "Yup, not even ditching us for girls anymore."
 
"That's not true" Chanyeol says over the phone "He has Hayoung."
 
"Oh yeah" Kai chimes "Where did you go last night?"
 
"I wasn't with her."
 
They both laugh "We never said you were."
 
Kai quickly throws in his opinion "So, we know you're lying."
 
"I just hung out with her." I clear my throat "Why are you guys even tripping about it? You've seen me date girls before."
 
"Not for a good year or two." I finally hear Tao's voice "Do you like her?"
 
The question made me really think about it. No, there was no way. The cashier calls me up next and my was saved.
 
"I have to go"
 
They all cause a ruckus and give me a hard time but I ignored it. 
 
"Fine. Cruise later tonight then." Chanyeol laughs and Kai adds his own comment but I hang up before I can hear what he says.
 
When it was my turn in line to get the Patbingsu, I realized Daehun wasn't by my side anymore. , that little bastard knows not to leave my side. Once I purchased the ice shaving dessert I walked out of line and caught him talking to the person I least wanted to see.
 
“Look Sehun, Hayoung is here”
 
I nod at him and say hi to Saerin and Kyungri.
 
“Can you come with us?” Daehun asks her
 
“Sorry. I have plans with my friends, maybe next time?”
 
“You already said that” He frowns, what is it about her that Daehun likes?
 
“Come on Daehun” I kneel down to hand him his patbingsu “Let’s get going”
 
“Go hang out with them. We can do our things later” Saerin offers. I knew what she was planning. She was always the one trying to get us together and to be honest I didn't mind the help. Her friends were encouraging this and it was helping the bet.
 
“But I want patbingsu” I hear her whine
 
Daehun lifts his up “You can share with me”
 
I couldn't help but to slightly smile at the little idiot of a brother I have. Daehun always saw the girls I would hangout with but he was never as open with them as he is with Hayoung...which makes me wonder why?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“I mean, I really like how you’re just…you”
 
“What does that mean?” I mutter
 
“You’re not like everybody else.” I pause “You enjoy your life spontaneously, while I..."
 
I was a bit annoyed that Hayoung always tried figuring me out whenever I hung out with her. Couldn't she just be distracted with my fake feelings and that's it. Suddenly I come up with an idea to just make her shut up. 
 
“Do you want to know what Daehun thinks?” 
 
"What?”
 
“He thinks you’re pretty”
 
This is it, this was the time to take advantage of the situation and finish off the bet.
 
"Really pretty.”
 
She blushes and looks away from me. When she looks back up, I take her lips and hope that she puts out. When she kisses back I'm thrown off by the weird feeling that I start to have. I pull away. That was weird, I sit up and realize that I actually liked it...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I parked out front of her house. I felt weird being near here right now and I knew this wasn't a good thing.
 
“My step-mother is hosting a charity even this weekend. Do you think you can come?”
 
I needed to stick to the plan, this was still a bet and as uncomfortable I felt, I still needed to continue acting as if I was interested. "Yeah.”
 
"Okay” She pause “I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”
 
I nod and we left it at that. I drove off and shake my head. I know what it feels like to be into a girl, I've felt it before and this wasn't anything new to me. , I can't let this continue any further. This bet can't be delayed anymore.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After getting out of the shower, my mind was clouded and I couldn't wait to fall asleep to make all my thoughts go away. Of course it wasn't going to happen once I saw Daehun opening my bedroom door.
 
"Sehun" He whispers "I can't sleep."
 
I sigh as I finished drying my hair "Come in" I smile even though he can't see and his little feet start making his way towards my bed. When he gets comfortable I join him. 
 
"Story" He smiles
 
I chuckle "Just one."
 
As I was making the story up about him, I noticed he was still so I stopped and thought the coast was clear to pass out. I leave the lamp on my nightstand on because if I turned it off, I knew D would wake up. I was about to go under the sheets when a thought came into my mind.
 
I walk downstairs towards the hallway to a room I promised myself no one was allowed in, including myself. I my lips as I stared at the double doors. I stood out for a few seconds until I finally opened them. It felt strange coming back to a place that meant everything to me. 
 
The sight of my own dance studio made me feel something, it made me want to dance again. I walk further in the room to open a slide and all I needed to do was plug in my phone. I honestly didn't care what song played and whatever it was, I allowed it. 
 
When the beat starts, my body just takes over. Everything fell into place which each movement I created. As I went further into the dance and got lost with the music, everything started to build up. Worry, depression, fear, confusion, and anger. I stop my feet and bang on the wooden sliding door. I bang it and take my frustration out on it until I feel myself satisfied but I didn't. Tears fog up my vision and I sniff my stupid runny nose.
 
"I won't get mad." Daehun's little voice makes me turn around. His little face looked scared and he was crying. "I won't make you play soccer with me anymore."
 
All my feelings are pushed to a side and I make my way to him. I kneel down and hug him. 
 
"I want to" I whisper and squeeze tightly "Come on, let's go to bed."

 

 
 
 
 
 
Hi guys, I'm sorry for the delay. I'm really really really sorrrry for not being able to do my triple updates and I feel completely horrible :( I really appreciate the patients and support I keep receiving from you all and I hope I continue getting that from you guys! I LOVE YOU ALL!
 
Much Love, stay beautiful xoxo