From Scratch

Breath of Life
( I D K what the deal is, even my iPad automatically rates the story M without me touching it. I guess it's just AFF? Anyway it's noooooooot rated M) 
 
Kyungri and Saerin gossiped with each other as we sat outside in my patio by the pool side with the boys. While they messed around, I was trying to organize my first charity event. It was for the program Dr. Kyuate put me in charge of and since I finished volunteering last week, I definitely wanted to give back. However, there was pressure of getting things done correctly.
 
"Can we not make it formal?" Chanyeol was slouching on the couch "Maybe more people our age will want to volunteer if you make the event more our style"
 
I asked for Chanyeol's help because he always had great ideas. I knew he would be perfect to help me out on this, I trusted him.
 
"What about the elders?"
 
He playfully punches Kai who was poking his face "We can make it appropriate for them but we can't make it boring. They want you to get younger people to volunteer right?"
 
I nod "So, does that mean I have to start from scratch?"
 
He sits up and takes a look at the paper that carried a list of things to do and what to get done. He scans through it and nods his head.
 
"Get rid of all of it"
 
I sigh, grabbing the sheet back and my eyes focused on another list. I was trying to figure what to do now. Chanyeol was right, if I was going to want a new crowd to be aware of this amazing program, I was going to have to make them be attracted to it. I just needed to know where to start and how to make the adults feel comfortable as well.
 
 
 
 
We all head back inside to leave for lunch but we all stop when we see small vases of mixed lavender, pink, white, and salmon color delphiniums cover the faces of all my maids and butlers who continuously kept walking in with them.
 
"What's this?" I ask Sumi who was directing everyone where to place them down
 
She turns to face me but the look on her face was like if she's been caught doing something bad. I walk over towards her and she hesitates to give me the small note. When she hands it to me I smile as I open it and on the note it said Happy Birthday. Today was the 19th? I turn the card over to see who sent them but there wasn't a name.
 
"I thought we agreed no presents?" I hear Kai whisper
 
When I turn around I catch Tao elbow him and Kai winces to the hit. 
 
"You guys sent these?" I ask with a smile on my face. I love delphiniums, they're my favorite because it's July's month flower. 
 
"What does it say?" Saerin walks up to me and grabs the card "oh, it's your birthday today?" She acts like she didn't know but I didn't buy it. She's been my friend for seven years and she's never missed my birthday.
 
"" Chanyeol blurts out "We all said we were going to act like we didn't remember"
 
Tao sighs "Way to go, you just ruined the surprise."
 
Kai pushes Tao "You just gave it away"
 
Saerin rolls her eyes "Will you idiots shut up. She wouldn't have suspected anything if you three stayed quiet."
 
I could only stare at all five of them in confusion. I didn't understand why they were making a big deal about this? It was just my birthday. 
 
I chuckle "What are you guys talking about?"
 
Kyungri chuckles as well "Might as well tell her guys"
 
"Tell me what?"
 
She stares at all of them to make sure everyone was okay with her speaking again "We were planning a surprise party. Since you've been preoccupied we thought it was a perfect distraction to actually throw one without you noticing but whoever sent these ruined it" she smiles
 
My smile reaches my eyes. I was happy to know that I had the most amazing friends and I felt a little bad that all their hard efforts to get this done was spoiled.
 
"It's probably from my dad"
 
Saerin shakes her head "We told him and Euaerin to not do anything for you this morning, actually everyone." She teases Sumi
 
Sumi defends herself "I was trying my best to hide them but there's just so many"
 
"I'm going to kick Sehun's " Chanyeol blurts out
 
"What a " Kai chuckles "I'm seriously going to make fun of him for this "
 
"I think it's sweet" Kyungri smiles "Sending them anonymously so we wouldn't find out but sending them to her so she does"
 
"They're not from Sehun?" I check the card again that had no name
 
"Of course they are" Saerin quickly adds "he is your boyfriend"
 
I smile to the 9 letter word, boyfriend. It was crazy how things finally worked out between the two of us. It still felt unreal that the same guy who kept pushing me away finally let his guard down and agreed to have a real relationship with me. There were no longer any games. Except, he still hasn't confessed his love which I'm more than okay with. Plus, I still haven't exactly shared my own true feelings to him but I'm pretty sure he knows I love him.
 
" it" Chanyeol rushes over to me and picks me up "Happy Birthday little one"
 
Then all of them rush over creating a group hug and cheering for me. I couldn't help but to laugh at their chants of excitement.
 
"We're getting you so ed up tonight!" Chanyeol shouts enthusiastically.