Evil Mind

Breath of Life

My knees felt weak when I saw Sehun in his tux and my heart was losing strength, he looked perfect. Saerin led the way while Kyungri and I followed right behind. My stomach dropped as we got closer and what made me go insane was how he was staring at me. As much as I wanted to look away, his warm brown eyes had the best of me. Those were my favorite on him, when he looked fragile and soft. He his lips as his eyes squint and look away.

All the boys looked handsome and they all smiled at us when we reached them. They don’t waste time starting a conversation but I remain quiet. As I think it through I remind myself to stay positive and think over again that I am strong and that I can and will get through tonight.

 

 

 

So, I couldn’t manage to take control. I was avoiding Sehun and taking every conversation whenever an adult approached me. I felt a bit disappointed with myself but I wasn’t sure how to act around him now that I know his feelings.

“Are you too cool to be around us?”

I tense up, this was the moment I was dreading, to be alone with Sehun.

I shake my head “I’m just trying to support my step-mother.”

“The famous give your family name a good image” He nods “I’m guessing you never failed that either right?” He lightly smirks but it didn’t feel sincere.

I suddenly had shivers go down my spine, normally that would happen when something didn’t feel right and it concerned me that I got it just now.

“Would it really bother you if I was good at that too?” I tease

I don’t think he got my joke because he looked away and didn’t joke back like he normally does. Tao said he liked me? I’m starting to doubt it.

Euaerin’s voice breaks away my thoughts “Sweetie?”

She smiles walking up to us with a man in his late 40’s and a lady in his arms. He looks at me but his eyes go directly to Sehun.

His voice was in shock “Sehun? What a pleasant surprise seeing you here”

I look over and I witness worry in Sehun’s eyes

“You two know each other?” Euaerin smiles

He nods but there was an awkward vibe and I wasn’t sure if I was the only one to sense it but when I look over at my step-mother she didn’t seem bothered by the strange encounter.

“Are your parents here as well?”

Sehun through his teeth and shakes his head “Just me, like it will always be.”

He nods and changes the subject “I’m awfully sorry. Please, Euaerin introduce me to your lovely daughter” He smiles over at me

“This is Hayoung, she’s been…”

Her voice begins to fade away as she speaks because all I could think about is how there was something definitely up between the two.

“Hayoung” Euaerin’s voice makes me snap out of it “Please bow, this is Mr. Choi Kyutae”

Kyutae…where have I heard that name before?

I bow and smile greeting him and Euaerin begins to talk about him but my mind was wondering off once again not listening to a word she was saying. I suddenly felt Sehun’s fingers touch the tips of mine and when I look down and notice the gesture I quickly look over at him and with his eyes he signals me that he wants to leave.

I scrunch my eyebrows

“Would you be up for Mr. Choi’s offer?” Again, Euaerin’s voice pulls me back to the conversation that I had no idea what was being spoken about.

I nod pretending like I knew “Yes, I could make time for it” I smile

Suddenly I notice Mr. Choi Kyutae’s eyes glance at Sehun and he looks concerned. He takes a deep breath and releases it putting his attention back to me, with a worried smile on his face.

“Perfect, we’ll set a date then” Euaerin smiles “Thank you so much Mr. Choi. Let’s continue looking forward to tonight’s event, yes?”

He nods “Say hello to your family for me Sehun. Take care”

“You too Kyutae, hang in there. You’re doing just fine.”

He walks off with the lady still in his arms and my step-mother lets them walk ahead first. I’m about to tell Sehun something when Euaerin cuts me off.

“So, who is your friend?” She smiles

“Just a friend” He replies “Oh Sehun” He bows

She gives me the he’s-attractive-look and I widen my eyes, hoping she doesn’t embarrass me.

She smiles bowing back “Thank you for showing your support for such a wonderful cause” She glances at me “Make sure you don’t come home late if you have any plans after this.”

I nod and she smiles back at Sehun, excusing herself and leaving us alone.

“Should we get going then?” He nudges his head to the side

I couldn’t help but to be bothered my one word “Friend?”

He stares at me like I spoke to him in a different language. I didn’t mean to blurt it out but if he liked me, he wouldn’t refer me as a friend right? He places his hand in each side pocket, staring at me like I said a funny joke.

“We are friends right?”

Confusion was fogging up my mind and getting me overwhelmed.

“I guess we are” I feel really stupid, maybe Kyungri misheard Tao and I shouldn’t have believed the whole ‘he said this’ gossip.

Sehun his lips “Do you want to be more than that?”

I heard him but it threw me off

“I’m working on you though”

“What?” I had no idea what he meant, working on me?

He pauses staring at me with a look I couldn’t detect like I normally can.

He responds “I can’t tell if you like me or not…”

Me? It’s the other way around.

“Well Cheon, you don’t have to pretend anymore. Tao told me everything” He smirks “You’re stupid for liking me.”

Now I get it, he doesn’t like me. He’s just giving me a hard time and making fun of my feelings for him. What an face!

“Maybe I am stupid but what about you? You’re just a stupid immature little boy.” I pause “You were right. I’ve been wasting my time.”

I’m about to walk away but he gets a tight grip on my wrist and turns me back around. When I look into his eyes, they change. They turned soft again.

“So that’s how you would feel if I didn’t like you?” he loosens the grip but still holds onto my wrist “Now tell me how you would feel if I do like you?”

My eyebrows pull in together “What kind of is this Sehun?”

I pull my hand making myself free to walk away again. This time he doesn’t stop me, I was so mad at him. I’m not some toy he can toss around. I wasn’t going to let him do that to me so there was no point trying to express my feelings and look foolish.

I could stop and join the girls but I was so mad that I just wanted to be alone. I wasn’t familiar with the venue at all but I kept walking until I couldn’t hear the classical music play or hear anyone’s voice.

“I told you I’m working on you” Sehun’s voice was the last one I wanted to hear.

My steps come to a stop and I turn around to face him. He wanted to be a big evil jerk? Then two can easily play that game. I’m so livid that I wouldn’t care what comes out of my mouth.

“Why don’t you go work on yourself and get your straight.”

I see him walk closer to me while I yelled at him

“Actually, I’m not stupid because I’m not throwing my life away over some dumb little phase that you’re going through—”

His lips crashed into mine taking me by surprise. My eyes popped wide open while his were tightly shut. Although he was kissing me with force, his lips still felt gentle and soft.

He pulls away but still kept his hands cupped to my face and our brown eyes meet “I was working to see how you really felt.” He takes a long pause “—I like you Hayoung.”

All my anger disappeared with confusion. What is he doing to me?

“Stop joking around” I whisper

Another long pause between us “If I kiss you again will you take my word for it?”

I wasn’t sure how to respond, my mind was still trying to process on what the was happening. His lips slowly lock with mine again as his right hand stayed cupped while his left slowly ran through my back and stopped at my lower back and pulled me in tight, closer to him.

As we continued kissing I was afraid of my own feelings, the feeling of getting lost and in love.