Appreciation

Breath of Life

My elbow was on top of the head rest on the couch while my hand supported my chin staring straight at Lay who made me content just by seeing him.

“You’re not going to your mom’s studio this morning?”

I shake my head “Not today. Auditions are done so I’m taking it a little easy now”

“So, what’s up?” My favorite dimple appeared “Why did you want me to come over?”

I smile “I don’t know how to say this. I totally forgot that I had to volunteer at some place my step-mom offered me to do.” I pause “Well, technically I did but I don’t remember what it’s for since I wasn’t paying attention.”

I honestly couldn’t remember what Mr. Choi does and I only played it out that I knew so Euaerin wouldn’t get irritated with me, I already forgot about this weekend so I didn’t want to add the icing to the cake.

He lightly chuckles “Is this your nice way of getting out of coming to the lake house?”

I carefully slap his arm with my back hand and chuckle “No” I pause “When were you going to tell me that Chanyeol and Kai were going?”

“I just found out last night” He looks into my eyes “I can tell them to not come if that’s the reason why you aren’t going, I don’t want to make you feel uncomfortable.”

“No” I place both hands in front of me, twirling my fingers around “That’s not it. I still would have gone if they were.”

“I believe them you know” He says softly “When I hung out with them, Sehun and Kris were never around and when they would be, those two always kept to themselves. Besides, they knew about your audition and wanted to get you something but when the whole thing happened, they figured you wouldn’t accept their gift anymore. If they were part of the bet, do you think they would care for you that much?”

I carefully listen to Lay’s explanation and I guess I could see his point, it still didn’t prove much but I was willing to give the boys the benefit of the doubt.

“You’re right” I sigh and change the subject “What time do you plan on leaving tomorrow?”

“We plan on leaving before three”

I smile “Then I better take advantage of you being here” I scoot next to him resting my head on his shoulders as I cuddled next to him, taking in his warmth and natural scent.

“This is going to be the first time we’re going to be away from each other”

“I know” I look at him “A weekend doesn’t seem that long” I blush and laugh at myself “We’re talking like we’re a couple already.”

“Won’t we be?” His dimple melts my heart away

“We’ll see” I tease “I need to test you out first”

His eyes pop wide open as a chuckle escaped “Oh, really?”

I nod my head rapidly and without warning he started tickling my sides, a big squeal took over the T.V room and as I begged him to stop, I remembered what to do.

I used all my strength to get close to his neck and I succeeded. Now it was his turn to beg for mercy. After I felt satisfied that he’s had enough, I force myself to be nice and stop.

“I didn’t know we had company” Euaerin’s voice startles us, mostly me and we both stand up. I look over at Sumi who looks away shyly. “Hello, it’s nice to see you again Yixing.”

Lay was polite as usual and bowed “Hello Mrs. Cheon”

She looks over at both of us “Sumi, please have an extra plate set up for our guest this evening”

Sumi bows “Right away”

“Actually, I don’t want to invade your—”

Euaerin motions him to stop “Nonsense, we would love for you to join us. It’s probably a little too late but it’s a token of appreciation for helping Hayoung.”

He smiles “It really wasn’t anything, I really enjoyed helping her”

I blush in front of him and both noticed, causing me to blush even more as I was put on the spot.

 

 

 

 

Dinner was actually going pretty well. Lay seemed to get along with my dad the most and I caught Euaerin steeling a few glances over at me smiling.

“So” My dad cleans his mouth with his napkin “What are your plans after graduation?”

“I auditioned as well for K-Arts and I’ll be finding out if I got accepted around the same time that Hayoung will” He smiles over at me

“That’s great” My dad smiles and I caught a tone I’ve never heard before, it sounded genuine but I was just thrown off by it. “What did you audition for?”

“The same thing, the dance department as well as the music department”

He nods “Excellent choices. Are your parents just as excited?”

“Well, K-Arts isn’t necessarily their first choice school for me but they are very supportive”

“Good for you.” He begins to cut through his meat “I applied to K-Arts when I was younger”

Here we go, his same story that I know every word to.

He continues “My father didn’t—”

Euaerin places her hand on his wrist “I don’t think he wants to hear your boring story sweetheart” She teases

Lay politely adds his own comment “I don’t mind listening to it”

Now it was my turn to give my dad a hard time “Trust me, after listening to it once you’re going to wish you never did.”

“Don’t exaggerate” He chuckles

“She’s right honey. You have a tendency to repeat the same story when a topic is related”

I share a laugh with Euaerin and I can tell Lay is holding back.

“Do you want to laugh at me too?” My dad stares at Lay

“No sir” His smile turned straight and worried that my dad got offended

“Good” My dad’s smile reappears “I’m tired of having these women beat me down. It’s about time I get someone on my side”

Lay relaxed as he realized my dad was just messing with him

Euaerin changes the subject as our laughs settled down “So, do you have any brothers and sisters or are you an only child?”

“I have two older siblings, a brother and sister”

“Maybe we can all plan another dinner and have your family join us”

“They would love that” He smiles

As the conversation carried on I couldn’t help but to like the idea of his parents getting together with mine. It would be nice since his parents don’t really have any friends since they’ve moved from China. I looked over at my dad who was really enjoying Yixing’s company and I haven’t really seen my dad laugh so much in a really long time.

I know Euaerin and I make him just as happy so it didn’t offend me to see him like that. I loved it and it was good to know that Yixing didn’t only have a positive effect on me but with my parents as well. It just warmed my heart and there was no longer a doubt in my mind that I actually liked Yixing.