Staying

Breath of Life

Me? Get out of his life? Drunken words were sober thoughts so if that’s how he wanted to talk to me then he was going to get treated the same way.

“You’re the one who called me so why don’t you stay the away from me or is this one of your bets to see if you can get me again?” I chuckle “Well ing congratulations you did it”

“I didn’t do anything. You are free to do whatever you want. I don’t make the decisions for you.”

“Grow up” I turn around and walk towards his door

“—and act like you?”

My body meets his again “At least I’m doing something with my life, not just throwing it away because something bad happened to me. Whatever happened to you, get over it.”

“Get over it? You couldn’t even act normal without being perfect.”

“—and?” I snap “Why or how does that affect you?” I scoff “You know what, just keep wasting your time on getting drunk.”

“Why did you have to come into my life?”

“Why did I?” I chuckle, he seriously had a twisted mind “You chose me, just how you chose me to be your lab partner. Which makes sense since it was part of your plan to get the bet right.”

“Sehun”

A small voice interrupts the heavy conversation. I turn around to find Daehun with his eyes half opened rubbing his eyes.

“I had a bad dream”

Sehun walks up to him and kneels down to pick him up, I got a little worried because I didn’t want Sehun to drop his little brother.

“I’m not going to tell you a story like I normally do, okay?”

Daehun opens his eyes and smiles at me over Sehun’s shoulder “Hayoung”

I wave and he calls me with his little fingers, Sehun turns around to look at me.

“Say goodnight.” He demands from Daehun

“Hayoung, can you come with us”

I was about to tell him the words I hated the most to give only to him but Sehun answers for me.

“She has to go home”

“You smell weird” He stares at Sehun and I wanted to laugh, Daehun made me forget how upset I was. He softened my heart and the bad thing about Sehun is that he had this beautiful little person who made it difficult for me ignore.

“Maybe I can read you one story”

His little eyes sparkled, he asked to be put down and he rushed over to me, taking my hand. He led me to his room that was two doors away from Sehun’s.

A big night light covered his room. Once we were inside he let go of my hand and jumped on his bed. I wasn't expecting Sehun to follow us but he stood behind me. He walked up to Daehun’s bed and crashed down into it. Making his little brother laugh thinking it was funny.

“Your turn” Daehun smiles at me but I take a seat next to him instead of diving into his bed.

“Which book?” I ask

“Sehun never reads books, he just makes one up”

I nod “What about your parents?”

“I never go to their room when I have a bad dream.” He gets under his sheets and cuddles next to Sehun. “I’m ready” He smiles

Sehun sighs “Um” He begins “There was a boy”

“Daehun”

He nods his head that was resting on the sheets “He liked…”

Sehun begins but stops every second or repeating the last sentence. That’s when I noticed he was drifting to sleep and I decided to take over. I wasn’t good with making up stories but I tried my best and as I made up anything, Daehun seemed okay with it. He smiled a few times and even helped. As I went on and on I noticed his little voice wasn’t helping anymore after a while. I checked the time and it was 12:49. Crap, Sumi is going to kill me.

I carefully and slowly get up when I feel a hand on my forearm stopping me from continuing. Sehun mumbles something and I freeze in position.

My breathing was abnormal and my heart was beating harshly. His grip was no longer in reach as he turned his body. He was sleeping, he never asked me to actually stay.

This time when I got up I wasn’t stopped. I had to admit I was in awe when I saw Daehun cuddled near Sehun who now had his back away from his little angelic face. If only Sehun was this kind as he appeared when he was awake. I take a deep breath and exhale it out, whatever his secret was it was no longer a concern. I had Yixing now and all I could do for Sehun is wish him the best and hope he tries his best.

 

 

 

 

I was packing, getting my things ready for this weekend for Yixing’s parents’ lakehouse.

“What’s this?” Euaerin smiles at me as she ran her fingers down my high pony tail

“I’m going on a trip with the girls” I lied because there was no way she would let me go if I told her that boys were planning to sleep under the same roof.

She nods “When is this?”

“This weekend” I smile

“Hayoung, this weekend you already committed yourself to help Mr. Choi—”

“You never said this weekend?”

“Remember we discussed this last month? Before your audition” She pauses “You said you’d be able to after classes were done. I can’t cancel on him when he’s expecting you”

“We can’t reschedule?”

She shakes her head “You know how I feel about you rescheduling when a date is already set. It’s just going to be for two weeks. Set the trip till then”

“I can’t change everyone’s plans” I complain

“Exactly” She gives me the-you-better-show-up-to-this-volunteer-place. “It’s just for two weeks”

I whine under my breath because I was really looking forward to this trip.

 

 

“Are you serious?” Saerin says over the phone “Is there any way you can convince her?”

I sigh “You know she loves charity work and having me volunteer and—”

She sighs “Yeah, and you don’t like hurting her feelings. So what am I supposed to do while Kyungri and Tao hook up?”

“They’re back together?”

“I know. I’m not excited about seeing his face. So that means those faces will be coming too. Except Kris and Sehun, Lay doesn’t want them there. Which is kind of hot how he’s protecting you” She chuckles as she gave me a hard time.

I was about to tell her the details about my conversation I had with him last night but I didn’t get the chance since she had to get going. When we hang up I think about how things will go this weekend. I wondered how Kyungri came about forgiving Tao, which meant that the boys really had nothing to do with the bet. It still however held Kris and Sehun responsible.

I found myself annoying as I put time into a meaningless topic. I look through my phone, searching for a particular contact. I had to break the bad news to Lay that I won’t be able to make it this weekend, which really . 


 

→Once again, thank you guys soooooooooooo much x infinity for all the amazing support, comments, and upvotes! I heart each and every one of you guys! Yes, All the subscribers, the non-subscribers, and the silent readers ♥

Also thank you for being patient and I know Sehun's mood swings are confusing but like I say over and over again, you will find out his reason. It's almost near...again thanks for the support! Keep hanging on beautiful people! Much Love xoxo