Upper Hand

Breath of Life
"I like how you didn't do this on the day of my birthday" I tease 
 
He smirks as he drove down the private driveway that led to my mansion. 
 
"Saerin gave me strict orders." He his lips "I was going to surprise you with it at the party but it hadn't arrived. So then, I wanted to on Friday but it still hadn't arrived and you being busy with planning worked out."
 
"I still can't believe you remembered the story behind it." I grab the small crystal glass and smile at it "I don't think you can even top this?" I softly giggle
 
"That was the first and last, I wasn't planning on doing more." He winks
 
The back of my hand lightly smacks his arm as I laughed "Don't be mean" 
 
"You're not going to deal with it anymore" 
 
My mood didn't take long for it to be ruined, I didn't like hearing these sort of comments.
 
I sigh "Sehun, you seriously need to stop." I look over at him and stare him down even though he couldn't meet my eyes, I knew he could sense how bothersome I sounded "Stop, I don't like it when you say things like that"
 
He smirks "What are you talking about Cheon? I meant that you're home now."
 
Outside the passenger window was the sight of my butler standing next to the open door, waiting for me to step inside. I did feel a little embarrassed but it didn't change the fact that I was still upset with his poor choice of words.
 
"Bye" I was about to open the door but I see him quickly rush out and come to my side. 
 
He opens the door for me and his eyes never look away. I didn't want to look at him, not when he acted or brought up his condition. 
 
"Hey" He says softly and grabs my hand "I really didn't mean it like that Cheon"
 
My eyes look at his and as I stared, something was telling me that he actually was being sincere. 
 
"I know I promised." He leans in and kisses my cheek "If you're not mad you can kiss me now" 
 
I stare at his lips and I lost it. I was back to smiling again, allowing a soft chuckle escape under my breath. He joined shortly after but when I realized it turned into a joke, he needed to understand that this wasn't okay.
 
"No," I compose myself "I'm being serious, don't..." 
 
His lips get closer and I lean away but I can't go any further. I get pinned against his car, trying to move my head around so he doesn't get a chance to place his lips with mine. It didn't take long for me to start laughing again.
 
He's determined to give me that kiss but I wasn't going to let him get away with this easily. I decided to sit back in the passenger seat, thinking he would give up then but I was wrong. He surprisingly leans in and continues his mission. A loud laugh soon covers the car and Sehun's laugh wasn't any different. 
 
I started using my hands to push him away but he eventually grabbed my wrist. I squealed as I turned my face away but somehow Sehun locked his lips with mine. I laughed in between and eventually kissed him back.
 
"I'm sorry" He kisses my nose, my forehead, my cheeks, and soon every inch of my face.
 
"Okay" I surrender and he stops himself. He pulls out and stands straight outside again near the car door. I look at him and stand in front of him. 
 
He chuckles "You should start getting use to that face you're making..."
 
I scoff and roll my eyes. I start walking towards my house as another joked popped up.
 
He quickly adds "since I'm dropping you off home a lot"
 
"Ha-ha" I emphasis it separately to let him know I wasn't really amused.
 
I hear him laugh and feel him spin me around to face him "I'm sorry, I just had to."
 
"You're going to make up for this"
 
"Sure, I can make-out with you" He leans in and I place my hand on his chest and his stupid devilish smirk appears on his beautiful face.
 
"You're going to be my special guest speaker this coming weekend for the Youth Volunteer Program Dr. Choi Kyutae is in charge of."
 
His smile slowly starts to disappear "You want me to tell a bunch of random people I have cancer?"
 
I shake my head. I hated when that word came out.  "No, just inform them about the kids. You've known them longer and it would only be appropriate if you share a small experience when you helped them out."
 
"But," He pauses "I wasn't there to volunteer."
 
"It doesn't matter." I run my fingers through his fixed hair that was already placed to the side. "Besides, everyone worships you remember?"
 
He gives me the-don't-bring-that-up-look and I feel like I have the card in my hands. Now it was my turn to have a devilish grin on my face. I place my hand on his shoulder.
 
"If you're really sorry, you won't argue your way out of this and you'll do it." 
 
He bites his lips and looks away in disbelief but with a satisfied look on his face. "Miss perfect is now manipulative." He clicks his tongue "I'm definitely not going to with you anymore."
 
I walk away with complete victory "Smart choice Oh."
 
 
 

 

I know it's really shorrrrt haha sorrrrry but I hope you guys still enjoyed it. 
A big thank you to the NEW SUBSCRIBERS I keep receiving and of course I'm just as thankful for the veteran subscribers. Much love xoxo