Another Round

Breath of Life

I was shocked to see how insanely legit Saerin’s place looked. I have to admit Chanyeol definitely held to his reputation extremely well. The theme wasn’t the big wow factor; it was mostly how he went his way to get people to decorate the place. Black lights were covering her whole house and neon paint was splattered on white wallpaper that was stuck on her walls. Neon balloons around the planters, clear white balloons with neon sticks inside popped out. He even managed to get dance cages that surprisingly everyone was in. The music was really loud and you can feel the base and it matched with the different numerous led color dance lights rotating.

Everyone was dancing, drinking, and it was obvious they were all having a good time.

Saerin had been dancing with Chanyeol all night. Even Kyungri was dancing with Tao. I was the only one ready to leave. It had nothing to do with me being bored because that was an insane thought for anyone to have, it was just that I would rather be home doing my homework.

“Drink this” I hear a voice shouting over the music and when I turn over I notice Sehun. He was wearing his black cap that was taken away from him the first day he came back, how did he get it back?

He was handing me a plastic cup. I stare at it and back at him.

“It’s water.” He gets close to my ear still raising his voice over the music

I raise my eyebrow and take it from him. I take a sip and when I taste the liquor I stop myself from spitting it out. It was straight vodka. I swallowed it down not wanting to and hating the after taste.

“Why would you do that?” I shout at him

He gives me a small smirk “Drink it”

“No” I hand it back to him. He shakes his head like if he was amused. He takes it away from me and chugs it down. When he’s done he stares at me.

“You never have fun do you?” He shakes his head smiling “This is a way to cope with your stress.”

I cross my arms “I’m only stressed because you refuse to listen to me”

He places his hand on his ear “What?” He shouts

I raise my voice again “I said that you—”

“I can’t hear you Cheon”

“You stress me out!”

He smirks “You want now?”

I scoff in disgust walking away. There was no point having a conversation with loud music and to someone who can never carry a serious conversation. I decide to go to the kitchen to get real water or something sweet to take the vodka taste out of my mouth.

“Hayoung!” Kai smiles placing a shot glass up in the air “Come here!”

I notice his different behavior from earlier and he was friendlier. I walk up to him and he places his arm around my neck.

“Let’s take shots!”

“I’m okay” I remove his arm away from me

“Take one” Kai hands me the shot glass

Kris responds “Kai, don’t push it” He takes it from his friend and pounds it. “Do you want anything to drink Hayoung?”

I shake my head “No, thank you”

“I can make you a sweet drink”

“No, I don’t really drink”

He nods

“Kris, pour me a shot!” Chanyeol walks in with Saerin with Tao and Kyungri following right behind, all surrounding the kitchen island.

Kris doesn’t hesitate to listen to the giant and pours six shots of vodka. Everyone takes one except for me.

“You’re forgetting one” Chanyeol points at my direction

I place my hand in front waving it but before I can say anything Sehun replies for me

“She’s too good for it.” He takes a sip out of his cup “I’ll take one though”

I can’t help but to keep my eyes on him, what’s with him and these comments, acting like he knows me. It was getting really irritating.

Within seconds Kris hands him a shot glass. When all six are ready, they clink the bottom glass on the counter and drink at the same time. Saerin chases it down with orange juice and I smile at her.

“Another one” Sehun puts his glass in front of Kris and he listens. Kai does the same.

“Are you going to want another one Yeol?” Kris looks up at him

“I’m good for now”

Kris nods “Alright.” He pauses looking over at Tao “Panda ?”

He sighs “Yeah,” He doesn’t sound sure “I’ll do another round”

Kris looks over at the three of us “Ladies?”

Kyungri shakes her head no and Saerin says yes

“Are you sure you don’t want one Hayoung?” Kris asks me one more time

“She didn’t put it in her planner” Sehun’s comment makes me look over at him “She needs a list to do things”

I stare him down, slightly opening my mouth as I nodded my head. Just the way he said it made me snap inside. I look away to put my attention back to Kris.

“Pour me one” I demand confidently

Kyungri places her hand on my arm and whispers “Don’t feel pressured”

I ignore her, I wasn’t feeling pressured I just wanted to take one to prove a point.

Kris raises his eyebrows “Are you sure?”

I nod. Kris smirks putting his head down tilting his neck

Once I have a glass in my hands I panic, wondering why I decided to do this, and I was regretting it. Knowing myself I won’t be able to do it straight, I’m going to need a chaser so I pour a small amount of sprite in my cup. I take a deep breath and look over at Sehun.

He smirks and Kris counts us down. We repeat the same motion. Once I kill the shot I immediately take my cup of sprite and shut my eyes trying to ignore the after taste.

Sehun claps “I’m impressed miss perfect” He gets my glass from the counter and puts it in front of Kris again. “Another round”

“Take it easy Sehun” Chanyeol blurts out “You’ve been drinking a lot than the usual”

Sehun ignores him “I’m fine”

Chanyeol doesn’t argue with him and when I look back over at Sehun I caught Kris sharing or exchanging a look. It was hard to explain but it was like they read each other’s minds or something.

“Cheon” Sehun’s voice was different, it was gentle. He hands me the glass and I stare at it, second guessing my decision to take it. I inhale sharply and hate myself for taking it.

 

 

 

My teeth felt numb and I felt light, I couldn’t stop laughing the entire time Kai was talking. Saerin and Kyungri were right, they were funny but I wasn’t sure if I thought that because I felt a little tipsy. I felt a little embarrassed that I got buzzed fast but I knew it was because I stopped a while ago so it was bound to hit me faster.

While Kai and Tao are messing around, I notice Kris and Sehun weren’t standing with us anymore. I ignore my thought and check the time on my gold wrist watch, 2:45 am. How did time manage to go by so fast?

I take the opportunity to walk up to the fridge and grab a water bottle. I need to sober up to drive back home. I decide to just chug it down and when I’m done with that one I grab another. I decided to look around for food or anything to nibble on and I settled for bread. 

“Chanyeol just jumped into the pool” Saerin walks in the kitchen “Late night swim?” She smiles

Kai and Tao didn’t need to be told twice, Tao jumped off the counter removing his shirt

“Wait,” He stops himself “We don’t have swim shorts?”

Kai smirks “So?” He removes his shirt off “Boxers, briefs, and swim shorts, all the same .”

Saerin chuckles and I watch the two boys walk out as I downed the other water bottle.

“Want to borrow a bathing suit?” She points her thumb behind her

I shake my head and when I stop drinking I respond “I’m going home, I need to wake up early”

She playfully rolls her eyes “Spend the night, the guys are”

“Is that a good idea?”

“My parents won’t be home until next week, it’ll be fine” She smiles

“I don’t know” I reply back “I don’t have my stuff and it would be a hassle to drive from your house to mine”

She sighs “Can you even drive?”

I shake my water bottle “I will soon”

“So I guess it’s working” She teases “My little Hayoung is coming back”

I lightly chuckle “What are you talking about?”

“Nothing” She holds her laugh from bursting “It’s just I haven’t seen you have fun in a really long time. Ever since…”

“I know” I politely interrupt her “But not everything can be s and giggles” My smile reaches my eyes and Saerin laughs.

She nods her head “We’re young, it’s supposed to be that way. Not have everything organized and a time for it.” She pauses “Spend the night”

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine”

“I’m not kidding” She walks away “You better not leave”

Once she’s out the kitchen I take advantage to sneak out. I love Saerin and I didn’t want to upset her but I would feel more comfortable in my bed and knowing that I’ll be on schedule.

 

As I walk out I realize mostly everyone was gone. When I’m near the front door, Sehun and Kris walk back in.

“Are you leaving?” Kris asks

I nod

“Do you think you can take this idiot home?” He pauses “I would but I don’t want to make it seem like I’m using that girl I’m talking to over there.”

I sigh and stare at Sehun. I nod “Yeah, sure.”

Kris turns back around letting Sehun walk ahead keeping a look out on his steps.

“You okay buddy?” Kris asks and Sehun replies by just nodding “Where did you park?”

“Not too far” I walk ahead of them and when we reach my car Kris helps Sehun get in the passenger seat.

“Hey, thanks” He says to me and I give him a small smile “Let me see your phone to type in the address”

I get in the driver seat waiting for him to return my phone. I notice Sehun trying to put his seat belt on but he fails a few times. Kris walks up to my side window.

“You’re all set. Thanks again. When you call from the gate someone will pick him up from there”

“Sounds like you’ve done this before?”

“All summer long.” He pauses staring over at Sehun “Hey, face. Goodnight”

He walks off and my attention goes back to Sehun watching him still struggle to put his seat belt. I lean over and place it on for him. Not only do I have to make sure his GPA is up to date but now I have to babysit. What else was next?

My Bluetooth was connected and my music was playing. I was singing under my breath. Suddenly the music stops, Sehun changed it and changed it, and kept changing it.

“You have too many girly songs” He murmurs “Is that what you like?”

Obviously “I am girl?”

“I know girls who don’t listen to this ”

“Well, I’m not like other girls.”

“Sadly” He whispers but it was loud enough for me to hear

I squeeze on the steering wheel “I’m getting tired of you being so rude. I didn’t have to take you home. Actually, I don’t understand why your so called friend chose a girl over you.”

“He has a life” He replies

“Well, I do to” I snap back and he chuckles. I quickly glance over at him “What, why are you laughing?” My eyes go back to the front of the road

“Do you really want me to tell you?”

I raise an eyebrow, thinking it through. I was already annoyed so maybe he should stay quiet. He was less annoying that way.

“Following a schedule isn’t a life.”

I don’t bother to reply back. There was no point trying to explain myself because I didn’t have to. I didn’t care about his opinion but there was something that made me curious.

“Why do you even care so much?” I ask “You have your own life so why don’t you worry about that instead.”

I hated feeling mad, it wasn’t like me but there was just something about him that just made me want to…almost strangle him.

“I wonder what you will do when that thing goes missing.”

I roll my eyes. I check my phone to check how many more minutes I have left to put up with him. Good, 10 minutes away.