Good Gone Bad

Breath of Life

During class I felt really stupid for my embarrassing dramatic scene with Misung a few days ago. I just couldn’t control myself, I was so mad at the moment that anything just blurted out. I didn’t want to go back and tell her to tell Sehun that nothing was over between us. I still wanted to keep whatever it is that we had. I rub my neck frustrated but I try composing myself.

Mr. Chong hands out my test and lab report back. My eyes pop wide open as I notice a C-percent average. No, there was no way I could get a C on my test and on the lab report. Sehun was affecting me more than I thought, his grade was attached to mine and I was in no way or form accepting this.

 

When the bell rang I didn’t waste any time to approach Mr. Chong. I my lips and when he looks up he looks away, trying to put his paperwork together.

“Mr. Chong, I need to speak to you about this. This isn’t fair, is there any way I can re-take the test or do extra credit to change the grade?”

He shakes his head “I’m sorry, you know the rules.”

“It’s not my fault Sehun doesn’t want to show up. I know I’m responsible for him but I can’t make him come to school. I’ve tried. I’m falling behind working so hard trying to learn this stuff and he just doesn’t care.”

“Look,” Mr. Chong looks up at me and tries to settle me down “I think Sehun is having a tough time at the moment.”

I pause “Tough how?”

He doesn’t make eye contact “That’s all I can say”

Now my anger was settling down “Is there anything I can do to help?”

He sighs “I knew this was a bad idea”

“What?” He ignores me and this time my voice was harsh “What?” I demand

He briefly looks at me “Putting you two as lab partners.”

“But it was Principal Kim’s orders”

Mr. Chong looks away feeling uncomfortable

“Wasn’t it?”

I don’t get a response from him

My mind was starting to think in random “Did Sehun pick me as his lab partner?”

“Go home safely Miss Hayoung.” He walks out without saying anymore. Mr. Chong knew something. Did everyone know something I didn’t? I couldn’t take the secrets anymore, I needed to find a way to get some answers and if no one was going to give them to me then I was just going to find out for myself.

 

I waited for the hallways to clear out to walk to Sehun’s locker. When I saw the coast was clear I was hoping his locker would be open but of course that would be unrealistic. I had no idea what the combination was and I couldn’t ask the janitor to open it for me unless I proved it was mine, stupid school policy. I looked around and I tried to find something and I came across a fire extinguisher. I grabbed it and brought it with me to Sehun’s locker.

I tried hitting the end of it to displace the combination lock and after a few tries it worked. I managed to get it open. I looked through inside his locker and found nothing but books. I even took them out and scanned through pages hoping something falls out.

I sigh giving up throwing the book in when I heard something rattle. When I heard it I lifted the textbooks and found a pill container.

“What are you doing?”

The campus security startles me. , I’m in trouble.

 

 

 

I sat in Principal’s Kim office with my parents sitting on each side next to me.

“I just don’t understand Miss Hayoung, you’ve always been one of the school’s finest students.”

“I needed the lab notes” I lied

“You know perfectly well that’s not how you get them”

My dad defends me “She made a mistake and—”

“I’m sorry but defacing school property is an automatic week suspension.”

“What?” My heart sinks “Well, what was I supposed to do I needed—”

“Hayoung” My dad cuts me off

Principal Kim continues “I can’t make any exceptions to that rule.”

He begins to write something down and as much as I tried to defend myself, I couldn’t seem to get my way out of it. Principal Kim had his mind set, thanks Sehun.

 

 

 

My dad made me ride in the car with him and Euaerin, taking my car away.

“I’ll have them pick it up from school and after your week suspension you’ll have to wait another week to get your car back”

I wasn’t even mad about that my mind was mad at Sehun.

“I hope this behavior stops. I don’t want you jeopardizing everything you’ve worked hard for”

Euaerin adds “Is there something you need to tell us?”

“Just stop the car” I raise my voice

“Hayoung” Euaerin says softly

“I can’t think in here, I want to get out.”

“You are not going anywhere” My dad uses a strict tone

The car comes to a red stop light and I take advantage of it and get out of his car.

 

As I walked in the busy street nothing was helping me get my mind off things. I walked into an ice cream shop, hoping that would make me feel better. When I look through my bag to get my wallet I find the orange container I found in Sehun’s locker.

I take the chance to read it since I didn’t have time when campus security caught me. It had Sehun’s name and on it, it said Tryptophan.

 

 

When I get home I immediately run upstairs ignoring Euaerin and lock myself in my room. I turn my laptop on and search for Tryptophan. Many things listed but a certain word caught my attention. It was prescribed medication for depression and bi-polar disorder.

 

 

 

After a tortured week of missing school I was finally back. Luckily, Haeryung took care of me and handed me all the notes so I can still keep up.

As I sit in class, I tried to focus on taking the test and try to ignore what was happening with Sehun. As I turned the page over to answer the questions to the test on the other side, the class gets interrupted by a familiar voice.

“Quiz” Sehun exclaims sarcastically “What timing”

He walks over to Mr. Chong

“Morning Chong” Mr. Chong gives him a look and hands him the test “Thanks”

After weeks Sehun’s brown eyes finally meet mine. He has a stupid little smirk on his face as he walks passed me. All I could think about is how he has the nerve to do that.

 

 

 

For the first time Sehun was alone in his locker and I took a deep breath before approaching him. When I get close he glances at me.

He smirks at me “Hey, thanks for ing up my locker”

“Where have you been?” I get straight to the point

He starts putting things away “Thanks for the notes. I killed that test.”

“Where have you been the past few weeks?”

He takes a minute to reply “The past few weeks? What do you come here every day?”

“There’s something wrong with you isn’t there”

He nods “Yeah, there is. With me, definitely with you” He smiles as he notices another girl passing by “Even with this y little first year right here”

“I don’t want to be funny anymore Sehun”

“I’m sorry Cheon but you were never funny to begin with”

“What are you…like depressed or something?”

“Depressed?” He chuckles “Yeah sure let’s throw it out there, chicks find it attractive”

“I’m being serious”

“Why? It never works”

I pull his pills out in front of him “You could have told me”

“Told you what?”

“That you have” I pause afraid to hurt his feelings “problems”

He smirks and aggressively takes back his medication “You don’t know .”

He walks off and leaves me behind, like he always does. My heart was hurting, he needed help and he didn’t want any of it from me.