Trouble

Breath of Life
My hand rested on Sehun's still fingers. I stared at him and waited for his warm brown eyes to be in my sight again. He moved an inch and I froze to his movement but he remained asleep. I rested my head on top of his hand and decide to shut my eyes for a minute. I didn't get enough rest last night so it was easy for me to drift into sleep.
 


 

I knew I shouldn't be around this building because it had nothing but a reminder that I won't be able to move on like everyone else. I walked down the hallway and I hear distant music coming from the place I used to practice in.

 
 
The music got louder and I peeked to see who is practicing this early. I notice a slim brown-hair girl struggling on her dance moves. She kept repeating the same step over and over again, she wouldn't stop. I get a better look and I notice it's Hayoung.
 
She dances? I stood there judging her. I scoff in disgust, even when she dances she has the tendency to be perfect. I shake my head. Dancing isn't defined that way, it's a freedom to express yourself. 
 
That's what it does for me, I was able to get away from my troubles and forget about the bad but it stopped working once I found out I had this ing cancer in my blood. The more I danced the more I thought of the fact that everything I love or care for will be taken away from me. That's why I couldn't dance anymore, that's why I hated it.
 
 
 
 
 
"You're going to get into so much trouble for doing this " Kris chuckles
 
I sat in my uncle's office and managed to get access of his e-mail account. I created a new message to forward to all my homeroom teachers before my uncle does. I was trying to type the right words to let them know that Hayoung doesn't need to know anything about my missing assignments. To prevent my uncle from every seeing this I planned to change his password as soon as I'm done to avoid confrontations and from getting caught. 
 
"I'm already in trouble so who cares." 
 
"Why don't you just listen to your uncle?" He asks "You always do anyway."
 
"I'm trying this whole I-don't-give-a- attitude. Haven't you noticed face." I smirk
 
He smacks his lips "Nah, you're going to be a little punk and go back to your old self."
 
I wish I could. "You're wrong."
 
"Do you want to make things interesting then?" Kris crosses his arms and I nod but kept my eyes on the screen as I typed the e-mail I was creating out of my . 
 
I hated Hayoung. I hated her because she was perfect, she took my spot as class president, and I hated the fact that she has everything I once did. I would rather die now than to spend any living second with her. She's just going to waste the time I have left and I would rather enjoy it then to worry about what homework assignment was due.
 
"Erase the e-mail" Kris cuts my thoughts "Let your uncle send out the right one. Let's see if you're really trying to follow my steps."
 
My eyebrows pull in together and I stared at him like he was on drugs. "Cut the , you always want to be like me." I chuckle "How am I going to ing prove a point when you're telling me to get her help?"
 
"Do you really hate her?" I give him the-obviously-look and he chuckles. "Then, think how much fun it would be to stress her out a little?"
 
I think about it. "Stress her out?" I pause "Done deal."
 
He chuckles and shakes his head "You think you can do everything don't you?"
 
I nod because I could, it was something so easy and simple. Plus, I wouldn't care hurting her feelings.
 
 
 
 
Kris and I managed to walk out of the office without getting caught. He notices a girl and ditches me for her. I didn't mind. As I continued to walk I saw Mr. Chong walking out of the teacher lounge and I decide to put action into my own hand.
 
"Mr. Chong"
 
He turns over "Mr. Sehun"
 
"You'll be receiving an email from my uncle about Hayoung helping me for the remaining year. I forgot to suggest that maybe it would be a good idea to have her as my lab partner."
 
He clears his throat "I already assigned them and I can't make any changes."
 
"Yes, you can." I nod "I want Cheon. If you don't make something happen I'll be sure to have your position replaced."
 
I hated using my uncle to get my way. Things needed to get done, there was no way I was going to lose to Kris. I never did and I wasn't going to now.
 
"If I do, please use her to your advantage." 
 
I smirk "Oh, I will." I knew he meant it in a school releated matter but I had other things in mind. I walk away and take my time to walk to my locker. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The lab was a joke and as she talked, I hated this bet. She was the one stressing me out with her remarks and every ing little thing she did. I swear if I touched something she would freak out. There was honestly no point in me even working on this lab.
 
When the bell rings I hear her conversation with Mr. Chong. She wants to get rid of me? I couldn't help but to laugh inside quietly. If only she knew I had no interest being around her. I wasn't going to let her take over this situation. 
 
When she was done talking to him I quickly went up to his desk and spoke really loud on purpose. "I can’t work with her she’s a complete compulsive control freak.”
 
"Sehun" It's clear he was shocked with my words
 
I smile and whisper so only he can listen to me "I'm just kidding. Just working her up."
 
I walk out of class towards her direction and it seemed to have worked.
 
“Who the hell do you think you are?” She snaps at me but I continue to walk past her. Now I know how to annoy her, I just needed to say bad about her.
 


 

When I woke up I was hoping that Sehun would be awake by now but he was still dreaming. I look out his window and the sunset was setting. I'd slept almost half a day.

 
 
"Hey" I turn to see Saerin lightly smiling as her and Kyungri walk in quietly and carefully. 
 
"Hi" I reply softly and turn my attention back to Sehun.
 
"Anything?"
 
I sigh "He's been sleeping all day."
 
"Have you eaten?" Kyungri asks and I shake my head. I wasn't even hungry. "Let's go down to the cafe they have on the first floor?"
 
"I don't want to leave him."
 
"I'll watch over him." Chanyeol's deep voice makes me turn around. I was glad he was here but I don't think he was too thrilled to see me. His big eyes focused on Sehun who wasn't moving an inch, just breathing in his sleep.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I didn't touch my food because all I wanted to do was be by Sehun's side. 
 
"Come on Hayoung," Kyungri speaks gently "at least a small bite or two."
 
My eyes look over at my two best friends that I appreciate to have with me at the moment. They didn't hover me with questions, they were just taking care of me. So, in return I decided to just eat and make them feel better.
 


 

Kris walked up to me as he finally arrived at Saerin's party "I think stressing her out is way too easy." He chuckles "I just found out that Hayoung is a straight ."

 
 
I shrug my shoulders "So?" 
 
I really didn't care about that or how he found out so I didn't make a fuss about it. I take a sip of my vodka. I wasn't supposed to be drinking but I needed to act normal and make it seem like nothing was wrong with me.
 
"You said you can do everything right? There is no way you can get her to have with you. Might as well just quit now." He chuckles 
 
"Make her lose her ity to me?"
 
A part of me didn't want to waste my time trying to seduce her but as I thought it through, using her and making her feel like sounds pretty amusing. In class she threw the whole college crap in my face. Even though she wasn't aware of it, the way she was made it seem like she felt better than everyone around her. I look over at Kris and he had a stupid smirk on his face. He always wanted to be better than me on all the we do but I never allowed it. Out of the guys, I've always competed with Kris the most. There was no way I was going to allow him to beat me. I never allowed anyone to, it was always the competitive side of me that prevented it.
 
"Done." We shake on it. "Let's just keep this between us?"
 
He smirks "Nothing different."
 
 
 
 
 
Once I spot Hayoung, I notice her standing around not really having much fun. I look at my cup, straight vodka on the rocks. I smirk getting an idea, phase one of the bet starts now...
 

 
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, well it's today for the US and it's 11:16 AM! Anyway happy late birthday to the beautiful happy-virus Chanyeol!
 
Thanks guys for the support and the patience for updates. I love you allllllll and I am very thankful I came across this site to get the chance not only to share stories but to meet wonderful people who love K-POP just as much as I do! You guys are all a blessing! Enjoy your day/night with all your loved ones! Lots of love xoxo