Midnight Rotations

Breath of Life

At lunch time we were all messing around playing never have I ever while Sehun was leaning against his chair pondering on something than being a part of the game.

Chanyeol: 4

Kai: 1

Tao: 7

Kris: Lost

Saerin: 7

Kyungri: 5

 

Kai smirks “Never have I ever had in a public bathroom”

The boys including Kyungri put a finger down. All ten of mine were still up.

Kris chuckles and stares at Kai “You ing idiot, why are you asking questions that you know you’ve done”

Tao joins in “I don’t think he should have even played if it was going to be the version”

Kai playfully punches Tao’s arm. He whines and rubs it “Kris started it”

“You’re next to me” Kai punches him again

“You swear that face will touch me” Kris smirks

Kai gives him a dirty look “I’m not scared of you Wu”

Chanyeol starts instigating “Fight, fight, fight”

“ all you three” Kai has a big grin on his face

I couldn’t stop smiling, I’ve gotten used to how aggressive they joke with each other. The cool thing about them was that they never really got upset at one another if the jokes got intense.

He continues “You guys are just mad that I’ve gotten more girls than your nasty faces ever will” He says proudly

“I don’t think that’s something to brag about?” Saerin teases

Chanyeol slaps Kai head “Exactly, out of how many actually enjoyed it”

“Two” Tao laughs at his own response

Kai pretends like he’s going to hit Tao again but doesn’t, it still made Tao flinch.

“Shut the up” He looks over at me and smiles and his eyes look around at everyone “You guys are giving me but you have miss perfect here with all ten fingers still up”

“Which I’m proud of” I smile “At least I know I’m not like you who left someone a bad experience wishing it never happened.”

All the boys laugh at Kai and Kyungri smiles at me as she wraps her arms around my neck.

“Awe my little poor Hayoung” She places her cheek against mine

I actually had experience but not in . I still believed in saving your first time to someone special. I’ve dated before and all guys were amazing but I never felt like they were the one. If I was going to lose my ity I was going to wait for the right time along with the person I love.

My eyes go to Sehun for some reason and he was sharing a look with Kris. I look over at him and notice that he nods at Sehun. It was the same look the night of Saerin’s party.

“You guys ready for round two this weekend?” Chanyeol’s deep voice makes me look over at him. It actually got the whole table’s attention. “All three night blackout”

Everyone knew what all three night blackout was. It was the one Chanyeol did every once a month. It consisted of drinking from Friday-Sunday night. So you’d wake up with a hangover or not and do it all over again the next night.

I never really tried it but Kyungri did the very first year we went to it, she was in misery. She said she would never do it again but the next month when it came she was back at it. Eventually after three years she became a pro with her alcohol right along with Saerin.

“Sehun” Chanyeol points at him “Handle your this time around.”

I catch Tao nodding in agreement as she stared at the table thinking of something.

Kris stands up placing his hand over Sehun’s shoulder “He’s good, he might not even show up.” He pats him and with that it was like a signal for Sehun to stand up and the both walked away.

“Bye!” Tao says it in a way for them to realize that they forget to say bye to us

Everyone continued eating and chatting but my eyes stayed glued to the two boys that walked off. I wasn’t sure why I looked but I just did.

 

 

 

 

The final bell to go home rings and the weekend officially started

“Remember” Mr. Kingsley announces “The informative speech is due next week. 2-3 minutes long and have the essay ready on Wednesday the 27th.”

I stand up and look at Sehun “Heard that?” I smile

He nods and helps me pick up my stuff. I don’t know if it was me but I think that was his way of letting me know he wasn’t that upset with me anymore.

“Don’t forget we’re going bowling. I’ll pick you up at midnight.”

That’s right, I forgot. I sigh knowing I can’t back out of it. I nod and he walks with me out to the parking lot.

 

My car was parked next to Saerin’s and both she and Kyungri were standing outside next to it. They both look at me and share a look as they saw me walking with Sehun.

“I’ll see you later then” I turn over to him and he nods as we both part our own ways.

When I reach the girls Saerin had a big smile on her face she clears “We’re going out to get frozen yogurt, want to come?”

“Or do you have plans with Sehun?” Kyungri asks and she pauses sharing a look with Saerin “The whole school is still talking about the two of you.”

“We’re just lab partners” I reach my car “You guys know I can’t, Friday’s I have—”

“Blah, blah, blah. Yeah we know.” Saerin replies and quickly changed the subject “You don’t find Sehun attractive at all?”

“I don’t think about it”

“It never crosses your mind when you spend every minute of the day with him”

I shake my head no “I’ll see you guys Saturday night?”

Kyungri stares at me “Wait, you’re not coming to Chanyeol’s tonight?”

“I have things to do” I didn’t want to tell them that my plans were really to hang out with Sehun because I didn’t want them to fuss about it. It was really nothing.

“Well, finish early so you can meet up with us” Saerin adds

“I’ll try. If you guys need to get picked up let me know” I smile and get in my car.

As I put my stuff on the passenger seat next to me I think about the question Saerin asked me. For some reason Sehun’s eyes pull me away into deep thought. There was something about his intense glare that I no longer found uncomfortable but rather intriguing. I catch myself thinking too long about it that I feel embarrassed so I decided to turn my keys and drive off with the image far from my mind.

 

 

 

I sat in Sehun’s car watching him stand on someone’s front yard. He had taken one of the bowling balls and placed it there. I couldn’t help but to pull my eyebrows together. He leaves the navy blue ball behind and walks back to the car.

“I thought we were going bowling?” I ask

He turns his car back on “We are”

“Then why are you leaving that there?” I point with my thumb

“It’s Teacher bowling night.”

I can’t help but to chuckle “What does that mean?”

He replies “Next stop, Mr. Hwang’s house.”

My eyes pop open “What?”

“Just think years from now you’ll tell your kids a story about how in high school you placed bowling balls in front of all your teachers’ front porches.”

“No” My body turns to face him “I refuse”

Sehun looks over at me and gives me a small devilish smile.

 

 

 

I quietly walk up to Mr. Hwang’s house and hope I don’t get caught, I mean I knew it was midnight but who knows if he has an alarm system set up somewhere. Sehun reassured me that all our teachers don’t live in a high security community so we would be fine.

I wasn’t feeling fine. I was nervous and felt really uneasy. I place the yellow bowling ball down slowly and I wait to make sure it doesn’t roll away. I slowly step back and without thinking any longer I run to Sehun’s car. I get in lowering my position to avoid being seen

“Drive” I quickly put my seat belt “Go you jerk!”

He casually turns the car on and we drive to the next house.

 

Now I know why he bought them at that store when we went Tuesday morning. It all made sense. He bought them specifically for this.

“How do you even know where all our teachers live?”

“I have my ways”

“Did you ask your uncle?” I ask remembering how Kris’ spilled the beans.

“What?” He tries playing it cool

“I know Principal Kim is your uncle.” It was totally against school’s policy to give out private information. “You asked him and he gave it to you like that?”

“Who said anything about asking?” He turns over at me “I just grabbed the files”

I scoff and in a normal situation I would have been so against this but for some reason I found it pretty amusing and in a sense I had to admit that this was pretty entertaining. We took turns putting one individual bowling ball on the front porch. We went to Mr. Chong, Mr. Kingsley, Mrs. Lee, Mr. Yoon, and Mrs. Yang.

Mrs. Yang was the last one and as we drove off I noticed we had an extra one.

“What are we going to do with that one?”

He doesn’t reply, he just continues to drive and within 20 minutes the car was being blocked by a gated community, it was too dark to notice but I think this was the private home community he lived at.

I was wrong. He parked outside a different mansion. It didn’t have a private gate like his, it was wide open. I look over at him confused to what we’re doing.

He grabs the last purple bowling ball and hands it to me. “If you drop this one off you beat me.”

“Who lives here?”

He tries covering his smile with his hand “Principal Kim”

I try handing it over but Sehun won’t take it back. “No, no way!”

“Come on” He tries holding in his laugh “Don’t you need to do everything perfect?”

“This isn’t funny. I don’t want to do it”

“So, this is it. Cheon Hayoung can’t do it all after all”

My eyes squint at him and he just knew how to get me going. “Fine”

I walk out with the ball and it didn’t take long for my nerves to get the best of me. My feet finally reached the front of the stairs before reaching the main door. I swallow trying to compose myself but all I could think about is hoping I don’t get caught.

I run for my life after leaving it and as I get close to Sehun’s car I can see him quickly hide himself. I look over and notice a cop car slowly driving down, .

I bent over running low and quickly make it into Sehun’s car. I lean forward trying to cover myself as well. My head lightly bangs into his making me ignore the collusion when all I could think about is how we’re in a load of trouble.

“Oh my god” I panic under my breath

Sehun takes out flavored mints “Take one. In case we get caught.”

“Not funny head”

He casually chews on one and when I see the cop’s car lights scan over his car I cover my face. All I had in mind was hoping we don’t get caught. I peak through my fingers and notice the car lights are gone. When I remove my hands away I look around trying to function right again.

My eyes meet with Sehun’s and I finally realize how close my face was to his. For some reason I couldn’t look away. Those cold eyes would have made me really uncomfortable in any other situation but for the first time I was really able to look deep into them. I tried pulling away but there was something that made me want to keep a hold on his gaze. I no longer felt tensed when he stared at me like that, in a strange way I found his brown eyes…warm.