Stripped

Breath of Life
A knock on my door doesn't make me look away from my laptop. My eyes were fixed on the guest list as I sent an e-mail out to Euaerin's event planner. The final invitations needed to be done before Sunday so they could be sent out on Monday evening. 
 
"Having fun there?" Euaerin walks up to me and my ponytail
 
I nod "I still need to decide on a theme."
 
"I thought you were doing the black and white party?"
 
I look up at her "That was the plan but my friends don't want to attend the typical stereotype event. If I'm going to invite people my age, I have to make them want to freely volunteer. I have to find a way to make them instantly connect with the program. The only problem would be, is how do I make the elders feel age appropriate as well, you know?"
 
She lightly chuckles "You are your father's daughter." 
 
My attention goes back to the screen and I type away.
 
"How was your birthday?" 
 
"Fun." I smile thinking about it. "I like how you and dad were a part of Saerin's plan."
 
"I've said it before and till this day I still believe that girl can take over the world if she wanted to."
 
We both laugh. Euaerin was right on point about Saerin. After a short silence, Euaerin changes the subject. 
 
"Since your father is out on a business trip this weekend. We both checked our schedules and we're available on Wednesday. So, have Lay ask his family to see if they're okay with having dinner that night."
 
That definitely made me stop typing. I was so caught up with Sehun and this event that I had forgotten my parents wanted to get together with Yixing's family. How was I going to explain this to her?
 
"I haven't seen Lay around the house." She pauses "You don't have to explain to me but your father and I still want to welcome the Zhang's to our home."
 
I my lips and spin my chair over to face her "Do I have to attend?"
 
She nods "You know the rules."
 
It's not that I didn't want to have dinner with Yixing's parents, in fact I would love to meet them. It's just I have plans with Sehun, we made it a little routine to hang out ever night together. 
 
Maybe I can manage to do dinner. "What time?"
 
"Are you and Lay still talking?" She smiles
 
"We're still friends." 
 
"Wasn't there more?" She leans on the edge from my desk "I mean, it seemed like there was more than just a friendship when I walked in on you two all over each other"
 
I laugh and feel a little awkwardly embarrassed that I was having this conversation with her.
 
"I thought I didn't have to explain anything?"
 
"Maybe just a little one." She connects her index fingertip with her thumb "I'm going to have to know something if I ever need to help back you up in a situation."
 
I let a loud laugh cover my large bedroom "What are you talking about?" I cover my mouth "Lay and I are just friends, promise."
 
She nods lightly pouting "Alright, I'll take it." She smiles and stands up "You do have them on the guest list for your event, yes?"
 
I think about it and I want to say yes but I double check the paper and I felt bad for not having them on the list. I feel ashamed to make eye contact with Euaerin. 
 
"Sorry, I'll add them."
 
"Please" She smiles, making me feel a bit better. 
 
I go back to typing and checking the name lists once more. 
 
"He'll be coming right?" She asks 
 
My phone vibrates, getting a text message from Sehun. My mind focuses on him but my mouth manages to find words to respond to her. 
 
I nod "I invited him"
 
"Good" 
 
I laugh when I see the picture he sent me. Poor Chanyeol and Kai were sleeping and both their faces were written all over with inappropriate words and drawings. He sends me another one where he and Tao are making fun of the two. 
 
"So, Lay is your date then?" 
 
I shake my head as I continue to chuckle at another up-close picture of Kai and Chanyeol.
 
"No, Sehun is."
 
"I think I just got my answer." She leans away from my desk "Wednesday's dinner at 5:00 in the evening. Keep working hard angel."
 
Finally, I look up to realize that she tricked me. She used the fact that I was distracted to her advantage. I wasn't mad, I felt the opposite. She never tried acting like my mother but she still had her concerns and being totally understanding of that, I didn't blame her for wanting to know.
 
Maybe, she should know everything...well, not absolutely everything. Maybe to a certain extent and I'll start off by introducing Sehun as my boyfriend next weekend. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I can't believe you did that to your own friends" 
 
Sehun and I were holding hands as we walked around Coex Mall. He had his cute devilish smirk on his face, as he was satisfied with the evil prank he worked on with Tao.
 
"They know the rules." Sehun perks up "First ones to pass out with their shoes on, automatically give the permission to write on them. It's only the general rule."
 
I raise both eyebrows in amusement "But in the picture Kai had his shoes on?"
 
"I had to get him back" He chuckles as if he thought of something "No one s with my face and gets away with it."
 
"Isn't it already messed up?" I tease 
 
"Are you calling me ugly?"
 
"You said it, not me"
 
"Well, jokes on you. You're the one dating an ugly kid."
 
My wittiness failed and I flustered on my words, giving Sehun the perfect chance to make fun of me for it. He mimics me, pretending he was choking on his words. He laughs so loud that it doesn't allow me to feel offended. I loved that sound and I especially loved it when I would hear it unexpectedly. Every night I hung out with him, I secretly hoped I would get to hear it.
 
"Hey," I go off topic as I remembered my conversation with Euaerin from earlier "I'm not sure how long it will take but I don't think we can hang out Wednesday night."
 
"What's more important than hanging out with me?" He teases
 
"You're important?"
 
He wraps his arm around my waist, bringing me in closer to him but to only squeeze my right side once. The one spot that never failed to make me squeal. 
 
I catch my breath and smile at him "I have this dinner."
 
"You're ditching me for food?"
 
His arm goes around my shoulder and I hold onto his hand.
 
"Are you jealous?" 
 
He shakes his head back and forth "It's okay." He pauses "You're not the only girl I can hang out with. I'll just be sure to make plans with her Wednesday night then."
 
"Wait," I stop my steps and remove myself away from his arm. "Who?"
 
"Don't worry about it." He jokes back
 
To be honest, he didn't sound like he was kidding.
 
He smirks, placing his arm around my shoulder again and continue walking "Don't worry, I'll tell Misung to save you something." 
 
So he was messing around with me. "Ha-ha so funny"
 
"Right? Border line hilarious" He kisses the top of my head and when I move my hand up to his wrist to get a better grip, something cold touches my fingertips. 
 
My eyes notice the infinity bracelet I gave him. "You're wearing it?" 
 
I couldn't help but to smile big like an idiot, my heart was thrilled and I also felt a sense of victory that he finally declared it as his own.
 
"You barely noticed it now?" He chuckles "I haven't taken it off since the night I came back from the airport." He pauses "I never take it off."
 
I bite my lip to prevent myself from smiling further. The feeling was just indescribable and the more time I spent with him, the more I kept falling in love. I was beginning to see his playful side than he showed before and his feelings were starting to completely strip, allowing his walls to fully break down.
 

 

 

 

Honestly guys, thank you so much for everything. Sometimes I feel like thanking you isn't enough. I can't believe I've reached 200 subscribers with this story and almost 300 unique subs in total. You guys are my motivation to continue writing and I promise I don't say this so you guys can be like 'no you're good' or 'I like it' so on and so forth, I say this because I personally feel like I need improvement. My writing is soooooo plain sometimes, when I read other fics from the amazing talented authors on AFF I'm so intrigued that I hope I can be just as amazing. I feel like I'm not bad but I could be better, that's alll I'm saying.
 
SOOOOOO ignore that opinion of mine because honestly I don't want you guys to say anything about it haha. I consider you all my friends and I just wanted to share that with you guys! 
 
Anyway, if you guys are curious. No, the story isn't almost over. I planned everything before I started writing but I never planned how many chapters, but as I write I feel like there possibly be about 80-90 chapters.....I hope that's not a lot hahaha it's just there's a little surprise to all of thisssssss, that's all I'm going to say.
 
Lots of love and I truly love you all dearly, if I have or haven't spoken to you guys, I care for you all the same way. Stay Beautiful my amazing readers/subscribers xoxo