Wanting

Breath of Life
"Do you really have to cover my eyes?" I smile as I trusted Kyungri with every step she made me take "I already know what it's for"
 
She hushes me "No you don't"
 
For her sake, I stayed quiet and didn't argue that I did. She made me take one more step and within seconds I hear a big loud applause along with many people shouting Happy Birthday. Without a doubt I recognized the interior of Chanyeol's mansion despite the fact that it was insanely decorated to another level. I wonder, where does he get all these ideas from?
 
Saerin makes her way towards me and gives me a hug. After a few people congratulated me they all went back about their business or alcohol game. Saerin takes my hand and drags me with her to the bar where I see Sehun sitting down taking a sip of his drink. He smiles behind his red cup as I make a face at him and take it away once I reach him.
 
"You're not supposed to be drinking" 
 
"Then you drink it" he his lips without removing his smirk
 
I listen to him and when I take a sip, I didn't even smell or taste alcohol. It was water and I smiled to his stupid little joke.
 
"Happy Birthday" he says softly 
 
"Thank you" I blush "—and thank you for the flowers from earlier"
 
His eyebrows frown "Flowers?"
 
Kai laughs "Don't ing lie" he chugs down his shot "trying to be sneaky and not leave your name. Smart."
 
"What are you talking about dumb ?" He chuckles 
 
It was my turn to ask the questions "You didn't send me the delphiniums?"
 
"What is that?" He smirks
 
"Did you like them?"
 
I turn to the familiar voice and I spot Yixing smiling at me. He walks up to us and says hi to everyone but awkwardly nods at Sehun. Sehun on the other hand didn't nod back.
 
"You sent them?" I ask with a big smile on my face. I haven't heard from Lay in a while and it felt good to see him again. "How did you even know it was my favorite flower?"
 
He nods and his signature dimple appeared on his right cheek "I didn't. I just asked the lady who worked at the shop which flower was for July and that's what I got."
 
I was in awe that he went out of his way to do such a kind gesture "Well, thank you so much" I go up to him and give him a hug, it was just out of habit and it didn't feel strange.
 
"Happy Birthday" he chuckles and I missed that sound, in a friendly way of course. When I pull away I notice he's holding back from saying something.
 
"What?" I smile
 
He tucks his lips and pulls them apart "Can I talk to you outside for a minute?"
 
"You can talk to her here" Sehun's voice wasn't necessarily rude but it wasn't friendly either
 
Yixing wasn't the only one who felt uncomfortable, so did our friends. Kai clears his throat and offers Lay a drink, of course he rejects it politely. Saerin grabs Chanyeol to give us privacy but the tall idiot tried to stay to catch the drama. However, it didn't take her long to convince him. When he was being taken away he forced Kai along with him. Tao and Kyungri freely followed the rest, leaving the three of us alone. It somehow brought back a flashback when Yixing had came back from the weekend trip from his Lake house. Except this time Sehun stayed.
 
Yixing takes a deep breath, breaking the silence "I just wanted to say that I miss hanging out and if it's okay" he glances over at Sehun and then puts his attention back to me "hopefully we can still grab patbingsu sometime?"
 
"Of course." I smile "You can still hangout with us too. Actually, I'm hosting a very important event next weekend. Come?"
 
He lightly smiles and nods "I'll be there" 
 
I smile but the atmosphere felt a little tense. 
 
Yixing's eyes start to wonder off, unsure where or what to stare "I'll see you later then. Happy Birthday again." 
 
He hesitates to hug me but I didn't think twice to embrace him. When we release each other he's about to walk off.
 
"Stay" I offer
 
He smiles at me but looks over at Sehun "I'll be right back"
 
Without saying anything else he walks away and I can't help but to smile.
 
"Are you sure you don't want him as your boyfriend instead?"
 
My eyes meet with Sehun's and I give him the-don't-start-with-your-nonsense-look and he got it. He chuckles putting his seriousness to the side.
 
"I'm kidding."
 
"No you're not" I whisper to myself but somehow he caught it because he reached for my arms and sat me down on his lap. He places his lips on my cheek.
 
"I know, I'm sorry" he whispers in my ear "I promise I won't joke with like that anymore."
 
I can't help but to let a small smile escape from my lips "I give it five seconds"
 
His hand squeezes my right side and I jump in place as I react to my ticklish spot. Luckily he doesn't repeat it again, instead he rests his chin on my shoulder. I slightly turn my face towards him and begin to whisper.
 
"When are you planning to tell them?" 
 
He takes a while to respond and to comfort him I his hand that was resting on my leg.
 
"They already know it was Lay who gave you those flowers" he jokes and I roll my eyes. I chuckle and decide to get up and he lets me go. 
 
I smile as I turn to face him "Where's my present?"
 
"You're looking at it" he nods and smiles, causing his eyes to turn into a moon crease.
 
I shake my head and cross my arms "Actually, my present can be you as my date for next weekend"
 
He nods, bringing his eyes back to normal and his lips. "Whatever you want Cheon"
 
I stare at his warm brown eyes that no longer had a cold glare. Whatever I want? I want you to have more time like the rest of us, I want you to stay and live.
 
 

 

• A quick big T H A N K Y O U to everyone! The new subscribers, the new upvoting, the silent readers, annnnd my olddies (longer/from the beginning of the story subscribers) L O VE Y O U G U Y S! Thanks again for the support, muchmuchmuch love. Stay Beautiful guys xoxo