Melody

Breath of Life
I was playing soccer with Daehun while Sehun stayed on the sidelines. He was beating me by a point. Even though I wasn't a major athlete when it came to sports I've gotten a little better since this is all he ever wanted to play. I was able to gain skills of controlling the soccer ball better. 
 
I couldn't stop laughing as I saw him jerking the ball back and forth, doing his little tricks with his two feet, making sure I don't get access to it. Sehun was cheering him on so it just motivated him more to make me struggle. 
 
"Give up?" He looks up at me with his little smirk 
 
"No way" I tickle his sides, distracting him away from the ball.
 
I end up running with it and I hear his little laugh right behind me "Hey!"
 
"Tickle her right side Daehun!" Sehun shouts
 
I smile and feel a little hand on my side. Suddenly both boys help each other to bring me down. My laughter kept getting louder as they continued to torture me.
 
"Go" Sehun helps his little brother up and I catch Daehun taking the ball and running with it towards his goal.
 
"That's cheating" I manage to say in between the amusing pain.
 
"You started it" I hear Sehun laugh
 
"GOAL!" Daehun shouts and starts running across the field, proud of his success. 
 
Sehun stops but I still stayed down on the ground, trying to regain composure. When he stands up he takes his hands out for me to grab and I don't hesitate to take his help. He strongly brings me back to my feet. 
 
"Daehun" Misung's voice calls out to him "You need to take your bath before your piano lesson begins."
 
He whines, not wanting to but it didn't take long for him to listen. As he rushes towards the house I look up at Sehun.
 
"Piano lessons?" I smile and he nods "What instrument did you parents make you learn?"
 
"I tried the piano but I convinced my parents that's not what I wanted to do."
 
"So, what is the one instrument you know how to play?" 
 
He takes my hand and leads me inside his house. As we walked through the hallways I recognized where we were going. These were the exact turns Daehun once took me. Sehun was taking me to his dance studio.
 
He opens the door and just like before the big glass windows allowed the sunset beam through the room. Our hands were still locked and he never let it go once.
 
"I convinced my parents I didn't want to learn how to play any instruments, I just wanted to dance."
 
He lets go of my hand and walks further in the room. He takes off his sweatshirt and now his toned arms were exposed. He slides open a door and there's a small wireless stereo but once he played the music, it surrounded all four long walls.
 
"How old were you when you started dancing?"
 
"Daehun's age." He smiles 
 
"What made you want to dance?"
 
"I played music one day, started to dance, and it clicked for me." He offers me to go first but for the first time in a while I got nervous and shy. "It was everything to me but I stopped a year and a half ago. Then I met you and you reminded me how much I loved it. So, now you owe me. Go first Cheon."
 
His words touched my heart and I wanted to kiss him then and there but his last sentence threw me off, making me laugh at his way of changing the mood so quick.
 
"What do you mean I owe you, for what?"
 
He gives me the-you-know-what-I'm-talking-about-look. I smile and nod as I pick up on his hint. That's right, he's getting me back for trapping him to do a small speech on Saturday.
 
"Do you want a dance-off?" I jokingly threaten 
 
He crosses his arms "It wouldn't be considered one if I beat you."
 
I bit my bottom lip and smirk, admiring the tall figure in front of me. His toned arms looked so good as he crossed them and his beautiful intense brown eyes smiling at me made my heart flutter.
 
"It's okay" I smile "I know it's just your insecurities speaking"
 
He moves his head to the right side once as he tries to come up with something to say but doesn't manage to let anything out. I laugh and Sehun starts off. The rhythm and feet work he has is out of this world. My eyes can't look away as he takes every step, it's like I'm falling for him all over again. When he stops, I knew it was my turn and that he was challenging me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The first round was intense, the fast upbeat music made us sweat as we tried to proof one another who had the best improv. We tried catching our breath and smiled at each other.
 
"You're not messing around Cheon" He rests his hands on top of his head.
 
I take a deep breath to control my breathing all at once and exhale it out as I smiled at him.
 
"Calling quits?"
 
He shakes his head "Yeah right"
 
The music shuffles to another song and we went for round two. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I felt un-freshened as I walked next to Sehun, we finally agreed that we're both good at dancing and called it even. He kept teasing me and as we walked by we heard a piano playing from a distance. It was slow and heart breaking. My eyebrows pull in together and I walk closer towards the direction it's coming from. 
 
I get lost by the melody and when I finally get close to the sound, I see little Daehun reading the music sheet and really concentrating. He was playing beautifully and his piano teacher sat next to him, helping on the key notes. I smile as I witnessed his talent. 
 
"He's really good" I whisper as I catch Sehun in my peripheral vision. When I look over at him, I notice his face looked...bothered. Then it struck me. Daehun was good now but as he got older, I thought how much better he would be and that Sehun wouldn't be able to see his little brother turn into a great matured young man. He nods and lightly smiles at me but shortly walks away.
 
I follow him and reach for his hand and squeeze onto it real tight. 
 
"I made him stick to it, piano lessons." He pauses "He didn't want to because he always liked doing what I did. He begged and begged for me to teach him how to dance."
 
I smile at his open confession
 
"I wanted to but––" He hesitates but lets it all out "I didn't want to disappoint him when he see's I'm no longer here. That's why I made him believe I wanted to play the piano so he began to practice a lot." He gently grins but quickly loses it "Promise me something"
 
We stop our steps and he looks deep into my eyes and the sadness in his gaze just made me want to hold onto him.
 
"Promise that you'll always be there for him." He looks away "No matter what you do or where you go, take care of him."
 
I felt tears building behind my eyes and I fought them off. I didn't like how he was speaking. 
 
"I will, I promise." I tippy toe, resting my forehead with his "But, for now" I look into his eyes "be there for him as much as you can."
 
He nods once and I lightly connected my lips to his. My hand the back of his neck and my feet fall back flat. I look into his beautiful brown eyes and smile.
 
"I love you jerk." 
 
He softly chuckles, staring at me back and his lips "I love you."