Missing

Breath of Life

A week went by and Sehun didn’t show up. He wasn’t replying to any of my text messages either. He was behind a worth week of essays, homework packets, and the labs. The labs were killing me. I needed him to be here for that, it’s a two person assignment and labs aren’t easy if it’s a one man team. I needed him here to help, I needed him in general.

During class I started taking extra notes for Sehun, he was still my responsibility. I had to start setting up more work that he had to catch up with. I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as I organize the class work in folders, specifically separating it with the teacher that assigned them.

As I finished up, I told myself right after I was done with my activities in school I was going to his mansion. Obviously sending him a text message would be pointless so the only way to make sure he receives everything is if I personally send it. It brought nerves and excitement all at once of the thought of seeing him.

 

 

 

Even as I sat down in yearbook, I felt like the day couldn’t be any longer even when I would preoccupy myself to take my mind off the time. The last time I checked it was 6:03 and by 6:15 I should be done but when I looked at the time only 2 minutes had passed.  Since Sehun’s been gone, time just felt longer and my mind never stopped thinking of him.

My knee starts to bounce in place like it’s been this whole week, feeling uneasy, ready to just finish up and see Sehun.

“Do you need to be somewhere?” Haeryung smiles

I had forgotten all about her this whole week and I felt bad.

I run my fingers through my hair “No” I pause “I mean I have to make sure I take care of things I don’t want to leave unintended.”

She nods “Go, I can finish up here”

I look at her and automatically refuse her offer

“Seriously” She smiles “I owe you, possibly even more”

“I’ve told you that I don’t—”

“I got into Duke”

My jaw drops “No way” I couldn’t hide my excitement “You already heard back?”

She can’t hide her joy, her smile reaching her eyes, and all I could think of doing was to give her a congratulating hug.

“I honestly don’t know how to thank you” She beams with happiness “You’re just going to have to let me do everything for you now, whatever you need and I’m not kidding”

I laugh “You don’t have to do that”

“I want to. It would just make me feel better knowing that I’m showing how grateful I am”

“I already know that you are” I smile

“I don’t care what you say. I’m going to bug you every single second until you let me help you. So leave, now” She playfully demands

There was no way to change her mind and as I sat there debating, she still forced me out. I thanked her, saved my work, and put my things away not wasting any time to see Sehun.

 

 

 

I parked my car out front of his gates with my heart beating abnormally fast. I wasn’t sure how long I stayed out here but I regained composure and finally found my fingers to press on the intercom. The man who always greeted Sehun smiled at me.

“Good evening miss Hayoung”

I greet in return and he opens the gates. As I drove down the long driveway my heart seriously felt like it could come out my chest. My throat got dry and my stomach felt like it dropped down to my knees. I was a nervous wreck, which I felt silly because I should be used to him by now and how he makes me feel. But the fact that I haven’t seen him for a week just made it incredibly difficult to think straight.

 

I my lips as I got out of my car and before the worker could take my car, their housekeeper Misung stops him. She walks down the steps until she reaches me.

“I’m sorry Miss Hayoung but Mr. Oh Sehun is busy at the moment”

Busy?

“I need to hand him his missing homework” I pull out the folders and show her “He has a lot of work to catch up with, so may you please tell him I need to speak to him.”

“I’m sorry” she bows “He personally told me he couldn’t see you at the moment.”

“But he’s been missing for a week, I need to talk to him about our lab report, I need to catch him up on his math pa—”

She politely interrupts “Please, drive home safely.”

I stare at her in disbelief and just like that she walked away and closed the door. I couldn’t process what just happened. What was Sehun so busy with?

“Miss Hayoung” The driver makes me turn to his direction as my car was ready to go. I look back at the house, not being able to release my gaze as I walked back to my car.

 

 

 

 

I was at the dance studio practicing really hard but with another week going by I couldn’t focus correctly. Sehun was still missing. Which made me give up trying to reach him because I knew the outcome, he would ignore me. There was nothing for me to do except wait until he comes back and since he never had time for me I made sure to just drop off the notes and homework with Misung so he doesn’t stay that behind.

 

Each day that passed I couldn’t concentrate in any of my classes. I stopped caring for time, from where I needed to go to where I needed to be, I’d almost be the last person to turn in the test when we had one, my studying sessions were shorter, my volunteering keeps getting delayed, just everything I did soon started to seem pointless. I wasn’t even sure if my dancing was getting any better and I didn’t care. I didn’t care about anything except for when Sehun will come back to school.

During lunch Tao and Kyungri were in their own little world and Saerin and Chanyeol decided to leave campus for lunch and I sat there not paying attention to anything Kai and Kris were talking about, all my mind did was wonder off thinking and hoping that idiot is okay.

What seemed strange was that not any of them seemed to be bothered that Sehun hasn’t been around. For the past weeks the boys never asked once where he is. It never came to my attention until I realized on my own that I was the only one to seem to dwell on his absence.

I clear my throat, grabbing courage to just make this an open conversation, even if it may feel embarrassing to talk about it with his friends.

“Have you guys seen Sehun?”

Kris and Kai look over at me. Kai nods.

“We hung out with him over the weekend”

So he was only ignoring me? “Why hasn’t he been coming to school?”

Kris adds “Why are you asking?” He pauses “didn’t you see him over the weekend?”

I couldn’t help but bring my eyebrows together “No”

Kai chews on his food pulling his eyebrows together “He told us he did”

Kris nods “He was ditching us for you yesterday”

“Why…” I got stuck on my words “Why would he say that?”

Kai and Kris exchange a look and mine matched theirs, I was confused to why Sehun would say that and most importantly why was he ignoring just me?

Kai shrugs his shoulders “I don’t know but that’s what he told us?”

“Are you guys still together?” Kris asks

At this point I had no ing idea what was what anymore. All I know is that I’m going out of my mind trying to understand what is going on.

 

 

 

I wasn’t going to take no for an answer, I didn’t care if Misung didn’t allow me inside, I walked passed her and hoped that I would find Sehun in his study. When I reach the room there was no one in there and I honestly had no idea where his room was, he never took me there so going upstairs would be pointless.

“Miss Hayoung, please you need to leave.”

I scratch my head “Can you please just tell him I need to seriously speak to him”

She frowns “I’m sorry but even if I do he’s going to send me back here and ask you to leave.”

“Fine, then you can just tell him whatever it is that’s between us is over.” I was fuming and without saying anything else, I walked back out to the front.

I didn’t mean to take it out on poor Misung, she was just doing her job, taking stupid orders from Sehun who had time for his friends but not for his studies. Who didn’t have time for me but had plenty of time to lie about it.

When I get in my car I slam the door shut. My breathing was out of place. I just wanted to punch him in the face for how he’s acting, I just wanted answers.