A message from the unexpected.

It's Complicated

 

I saved his number in my phone and sent him a message out of courtesy. I was about to go back to my business when I suddenly got a message in my phone. I looked at it and found out it was him. That was pretty fast, I said in my mind.  I got too lazy again to reply so I thought I would just reply to him later. After 20 minutes, I got a call and it was from him.

                “Hello??” my voice was unable to hide the confusion.  

                “You were not replying so I thought that I should give you a call instead.” There are a lot of thoughts in my head: What now? Why call? I gave you my number already. I freaking warned you PERSON. I tried to hide my irritation and confusion at the same time. He was still my senior anyway, so I had to respect him.

                “Ah, sorry, I did tell you that I’m lazy to use my phone.” I just said again, this time making sure he got it. He just laughed at what I said and completely ignored it.

                “So how are you? I’m sorry if I had to leave you a message like that earlier. I had to leave since Jaejin and the others are all ready waiting for me. We’re going to jam today, I’m currently on my way to them. Of course you know Jaejin right?” He said. Of course I know who Jaejin is, we were on the same batch and we were classmates during 1st and 2nd year. We have the same group of friends though we don’t talk that much (actually we don’t talk at all) when we hang out, we just know each other. And most of all, He’s my 1st love. As I completely able to dismiss the memories in my head I was able to come up with a decent answer.

                “Of course I do. We were on the same batch and besides we have the same group of friends.”

                “If that’s the case, how come I never see you watch us when we perform? I see some of your friends but I’ve never seen you once.”

                “I haven’t been seeing them lately since I’m busy and they do not really ask me so yeah..” Actually, I don’t know either why I haven’t seen them perform, not even once. Maybe because this past few months I barely talk to them since school is keeping me busy. Whatever.

                “Eh? Busy of what?  I see you online most of the time. Don’t you ever go out?” I don’t know why but this irritated me. Well I’m so sorry for not having a life. But of course I can’t say that. So I just laughed a bit and said, “I go out from time to time just not much with them.”

                “Is that so? But I really hope you see us play and besides our band is not really foreign to you. Still remember Hongki? He is our vocalist.”

                “Yes I’ve heard about your band from them and of course I still remember Hongki. I also heard you guys are doing pretty well.” I don’t know where this conversation is going but I just answered what I know.

                “You must come next time! We have a performance this Friday night and I heard your friends are coming, you must come!”There was a complete obvious emphasis on the last line and before I could say I’m not sure, I heard a familiar voice on the other line.

                “Ya! Jonghun-hyung let’s go, we still have not decided on what songs to play this Friday.”

                I cannot be mistaken.  That was Jaejin’s voice. I haven’t seen everyone in a while, maybe I should come. Oh well, whatever. As my thoughts were being pre-occupied with my Friday schedule, Jonghun’s voice brought me back to the present.

                “I have to go now. I’m here already. YOU MUST COME OKAY! BYE!” I don’t know why but Jonghun seems to have this habit of cutting things short before one can give a reply.