Back For You

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Ji Kyung‘s POV**

It’s been about a month since I left the place where my heart wanted to stay put. As hard as it was, I just had to come back. America was probably the place where I could be happy again, I suppose. Seconds became minutes, minutes to hours then hours to days. Time went by so fast, I sort of forgot what has happened in my life besides my impossible wedding with Taecyeon. I came back and lived with Mona until I was finish with college. I only needed a few more years then once I am set, I’ll go back to Korea and help out my parents. We rented a small house that had two rooms and it was just right for us. It wasn’t too tiny nor was did it have too much empty spaces. Our house was filled with decorations and looked as if it was a home of a married couple, not two best friends. My life sort of changed since I came back. Faces were the same even greetings were still as Americanize as it could be but everyone spoke English not Korean. I pity myself for being here and not able to speak my native language but I am grateful to be able to speak English unlike some Koreans who are dying to learn one simple phrase in English.

It was just this Saturday morning when I felt like I should stay home. I didn’t want to close my eyes since he would appear through the darkness. I didn’t want to listen to any music due to the fact that it always makes me very emotional even with songs I should be hyped up once I hear it.

“Hey Jackie, someone is here to see you!” Mona suddenly called from the living room.

I didn’t answer back but lazily walked out to the living room. She was already gone from the door and as soon as I reached it, I was stunned.

“Taecyeon?” I uttered out once he was standing before me with a bouquet of fresh flowers.

A smile broke across his face and I was still lost in my head.

“Surprised huh?” He spoke in English and I breathed out a embarrassed laugh.

“I-I guess.” I answered back in the same language and his smile widen.

“These are for you.” He handed me the flowers and I took them.

“Um… come in.” I told him in Korean then he walked in.

“You have a lovely home.” He commented.

“Thanks. It‘s pretty much Mona who decorated everything.” I told him and we sat down.

“Um… would you like anything to drink?” I asked and he shook his head.

“So… what brought you hear?” I began with my nervous meter raising.

He scoffed and looked down to his hands.

“I-It‘s uh well… It‘s a funny story and reason too.” He also began.

“How?” I asked.

“Well… do you mind if we take a walk around? Around here will be fine.” He requested and I thought about it.

“Sure.” I replied then we stood up.

“Mona~!” I called her name on my way to get my coat.

“Neh~~!” She purposely hollered back in a Korean accent.

“I‘m going out for a bit~!” I also purposely responded in Korean.

“Translate~!” She hollered again.

I scoffed then shouted the translation before leaving out with Taecyeon. We were now on the streets of a neighborhood in Los Angeles unlike the streets of Korea. I preferred the views of Korea. They were more… romantic and pleasurable to see? Whatever but we began our walk. Walking next to him brought lots of memories which I wished I wouldn’t be thinking about it now.

“So why are you here?” I rephrased my question.

“Oh~~ Uh well… I don‘t know how to start.” He was hesitating.

“Why?”

He took a deep breath then stared at the open sky.

“Um… do you mind if I ask you something?” He asked and I sort of blushed with butterflies in my stomach.

“Sure.” I simply answered.

“What if…” He stressed out the question.

“What if…?” I repeated him in a confused tone but with a smile.

“What if I…. What if I am here for you? What would you say?” He finally confessed and my smile broke.

I blinked a few times and a bomb just burst in my ears.

“I did a great thinking on this before I made the decision in coming here. I was such a jerk and yes, you can admit it, I was so stupid and immature. I thought I was in loved and I was, but that love just wasn‘t meant for me. As much as I love Jin Ae, I have to let her go. She‘s happy and I know even though she is divorced, her husband still loves her a lot. He is able to give her all she don‘t ever want and as for me, I can only give as much as a friend. Ji Kyung… I apologize for my foolish acts and what I have done to you but my real point is…” He trailed off and a small smile appeared on my face as he looked away from me since he was feeling embarrassed at what he was saying.

“Taecyeon…” I said his name and got him to look at me.

“Since the day I left Korea, in my heart, there was this one person I could never forget. It was like living with no oxygen. I felt suffocated as the distance kept the other person away from me but even our hearts weren’t in the same world so I thought I was being dumb. After days and more days, I wanted to give up but all those romantic movies kept my hopes up. I think I know what your point is, no need to say it.” I smiled and he blushed; it was just too obvious.

“I wanted this to be formal so… can you be my girlfriend?” He asked the question which made me laughed a bit.

“Sure, BOYFRIEND.” I sarcastically emphasized which caused his face to light up.

Before I knew, I was tightly in his arms. It was warm since the winter weathers has been crazy cold lately. I felt myself filled with rejoice and various of feelings that were as perfect as a pot of delicious chicken soup. My smile expanded and I closed my eyes to enjoy the moment to make it last a bit longer. Sure, it was just one happy day for me.

‘Jin Ae… I’ll miss you so much. I’ll miss everything about you. I’ll be broken for the rest of my life but hopefully this time, I will be able to be fixed to be a whole person again. I’ll always watch over you, Jin Ae…’ He thought.

LATER…

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

“KUSO!” Was all I heard my unni cursed in Japanese before she came running down then popped into the living room.

“What‘s wrong?” I asked and her face was a bit dead. 

“T-Takai… he… he…”

“He what?” I straighten my back and my unni was close to crying with tears in her eyes.

“He fell down a ladder and fractured his knee. Aww~~ But the wedding is two months from now! What am I going to do? What are WE going to do?” She cried and whined at the same time.

“Ugh Geesh! I thought he got into a accident or something.” I took a few deep breaths after hearing the lame news.

“Yah, my FIANCÉ’S knee is NOT going to heal that fast within TWO months!” She reminded me like I didn’t understand her point.

“And?”

“And we have  to go back to Japan now.” She rushed.

“What? I thought we were going to leave in a few days? Can we just wait til then?” I asked.

“No, I have to see him! What if it‘s a serious fracture and he‘ll never ever be able to walk again?! What happens then?! Aww~~ Why~~?!” She was thinking way over board then covered her face.

I rolled my eyes as I heaved out a sigh.

“Araso but you‘re going to pay for the change in our flights.” I told her and she just nodded as I tried comforting her.

----