Once There

A Marriage's Happy Ending

**Jin Ae’s POV**

I was on the bed like I just woke up from a crying hangover. My head was spinning and my eyes looked like I got beat up and whoever beat me punched the eyes out of me. I didn’t want to think about anything but the more I forced myself to stop thinking, it became impossible.

-FLASHBACK-

A knock came from the front door and I opened it. A man who wasn’t so old but also not so young was standing in the sun right outside of the front door. I was in the split seconds of bowing when he did a slight nod and asked if I was who I was suppose to be.

“Yes, I‘m Lee Jin Ae. May I ask who you are?”

“I believe you are friends with Mister Ok Taecyeon, right?” He asked without answering my question and I just nod at his own question.

“His father would like to have a talk with you.” He politely informed me.

“We‘re hoping that you‘re not busy at this moment.”

“Um… Can I ask what he wants to talk to me about?”

“I think it‘s best if you come and discuss it with him.”

As dumb as it could be, I closed the door behind me and followed the man. I didn’t even think if this was some kind of kidnapping or something else. What if this was a trick? Something parents would always say is: Never go with strangers! Guess I did but I’m old enough to know what’s right or wrong. Well I believe I do know that too. He opened the door for me like a gentleman then I went in. He drove about twenty minutes until we reached a fancy restaurant. Again, the driver opened the door and led me in the place then into a private room. I approached another elderly man and he looked close enough to Taecyeon. I bowed and he did a nod like how older people would usually do to the younger ones.

“Please sit down.”

I did as I was told and a cup of water was served to me.

“Please correct me if I‘m saying this wrong but you‘re a close friend with my son Taecyeon, right?”

“Yes.” I simply answered.

“What kind of relationship do you both have?” He got deeper into the questions.

“We‘re just friends. We‘ve been friends since high school.”

“So I see… Then what do you think of him?”

“I…” I started but didn’t know what my answer could be.

“Have he ever told you that he is engaged?”

I went deaf for two seconds before I caught up with what his father was saying next.

“I know that as best friends, you two must have some feelings towards each other, right?”

I kept quiet and let him continue with his questions as I continue with my nods.

“Soon he is going to get marry. I‘ve heard that he has been seeing you for the remaining time. I know that it is wrong of me to interrupt in my son‘ love life but as a father and a promise that has been made by his grandfather, I must make him fulfill it…” He said in a tone to make me understand his point.

I kept my eyes where my hands were. I was wordless and a bit broken hearted.

“I hope I have made myself clear. Is there any confusion?”

I looked up to him and shook my head.

“There‘s no confusion at all.”

“Good then thank you for taking your time to meet me. My driver can take you back home.” He finished and I got out of my chair then politely bow to him before I left.

Light tears were running down as I walked out. I remembered the day he left to go study aboard. I sent him away and even smiled as he was depressed about leaving. I got him to laugh it off before he departed then when other passengers started to enter, a part of me wanted to tell him to stay. My mouth was open but no shout came out.

----

[A/N: Okay I know you wouldn‘t want to read this OVER but just scan through it if you want or EVEN skip this section but not the ending since it’s something else. This will only give you what Jin Ae was thinking about at the moment when Taecyeon confessed to her.]

After I dropped off my resignation, I cried the way home. My heart felt stabbed until all there was left were pieces of it like nothing better than dirt. The bus dropped me at my designated stop then I walked home. I was still in my own thoughts when I heard someone call my name.

"Jin Ae!"

My head shot up and I felt myself jump at his presence

"JIN AE!"

"JIN AE!"

"STOP FOLLOWING ME!" I hollered back but my next step felt like another stab to my wounded foot.

I fell to the ground and he rushed to me. He looked worried and saw that I was holding my ankle. It stings as the cut reopen then by his voice calling my name, I realized my grudge again. I pushed him away and he landed next to me.

"WHY DON'T ANYONE EVER LISTENS TO ME?! CAN'T I JUST BE ALONE FOR ONCE?!"

"Jin Ae.... have I done anything wrong? Why are you acting like this, huh?!"

"JIN AE!" He shouted my name since I wasn’t answering him.

"I'm leaving! I want to leave everything behind! Even you...." I burst out in tears.

"You have never done anything wrong but I need to get out of your life.... I don't fit in it and it's best if I leave...." I finished then was about to leave when he stopped me.

"No! You can't leave without telling me why you are resigning, acting like this?! Also... how did you even found out about my engagement?!"

I just can’t tell him. I can’t just say that it’s his father. Is it really his father or am I…

"I'm going crazy, Tae... My marriage is at its ending point and my life has nothing left of it anymore. I want to suffer alone..."

"I thought you said I'm the only one you can turn to?! Didn't I tell you before that I will always be here for you?!"

"Jin Ae.... why...?"

"BECAUSE I HATE THIS! I hate seeing people hurt when it's all my fault. Why does everyone wants to be hurt when it should just be me?! WHY?!"

He came to me like he had speed powers and captured me into a deep kiss. He parted from the sensation and allow his forehead to rest on mine.

"Because I love you, Jin Ae.... I love you so much that I'm willing to share your pain even when you're trying to hide it from me. I want to feel the scars that you are getting and the tears that you are letting out. I can care less about the world but if I have you then I'm complete."

‘Taecyeon… why now? Why at the moment when I should be letting you go?’

----

[A/N: Back when they were in high school.]

“Yah~!” I jumped behind him which made him stumbled.

“Jin~” He whined then I got off.

“Want to go out tonight?” I asked and he gave me a goody boy’s face like he wanted to ask his parents first.

“I know what you‘re thinking, goody boy but come on, there‘s going to be girls there.” I and he didn’t smile at that.

“Yah, shouldn‘t you be happy that you‘re going to be the only guy there? Or are you…” I eyed him and he realized what I was thinking.

“A-Aniyo~ I-I‘m not gay!” He declared and I chuckled.

“Come on, gay boy. I‘ll turn you straight again.” I joked again then dragged him with me.

When we were at the KTV, everyone was enjoying the night. The room was filled with people and about half of them I knew while the other half were strangers to me. I was busy singing and hopping around when I forgot that someone with the name of Taecyeon existed. When I stopped my partying, I turned to search for him. I caught a girl flirting with him and he looked so innocent as he tried keeping her hands off his precious self. I scoffed and walked towards him then within a quick second the girl started making out with him and he just sat still as she took her advantage.

“WHAT THE FU*K?!”

I ripped the girl off him and she fell to the floor. She glared at me and I put twice as much anger in my glare.

“Yah~ Who are you anyways?” She gave me an attitude.

“No one you need to know but don‘t fu*k around with my man!” I warned her then pulled Taecyeon out of the building.

He stumbled behind me and didn’t do any complaining at my tugs by his collar. I let go of him and stare angrily at him. I huffed then stormed off as he stayed close behind me like a mouse chasing after a piece of cheese. We didn’t say a word to each other until I stopped in my track and faced him.

“Don‘t ever let a girl touch you EVEN kiss you, araso?!” I demanded and he obediently nod.

“Pabo… Come on, I need to take you home before you get violated again.” I grabbed his hand and lead him home.

What is this feeling? The second I saw that girl kiss him, I felt something inside me and before I knew it, I snatch the girl away from him. I had another moment like this when one of my friends was flirting with him. I told her that he was taken which was one of the lamest lies I have ever told. Please don’t tell myself that I’m in love with him.

-END-

----

[A/N: So let me start off with my day... I stayed up until 4 in the morning then had about 3 hours of sleep when I had to wake up and prepared my day for something my dad was going to do for me. It's some kind of tradition thing then I was so crabby, I swear, I was going NUTS like a pregnant lady. As the day went by, everything went well and I felt so happy. I received $64 and damn~ That's a lot of CHING CHING! haha. Well that was my day until this moment as I'm updating for those 'RISING IN THE EAST' haha. Also sorry if I had typos or spelling errors. I'm too lazy to do perfect editing now. I might have another good day tomorrow so hopefully you do too ;) Also I think today is Sweetest Day, is it?? *thinking*]

----

TEASERS:

"Aniyo~" She weakly pouted as I took the whipped cream off her caramel Mocha drink.

~~~~

"I want to run away from all this reality." She calmly spoke up but almost as silent as the wind.

"So are you running away from me too?" I turned to her.

~~~~

"Wh...at if I was to give birth now, what would you do?"

----

THANK YOU FOR READING, COMMENTING & SUPPORTING!
UPDATED: OCT 16. 2010