Final

A Marriage's Happy Ending
[A/N: FINALLY THE MOMENT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!]

**Hana‘s POV**

I was laying on my king sized bed when suddenly I felt water dripping down from the corner of my eyes. I had my hands clasped together and above my stomach. I closed my eyes and my lips trembled as more tears came. I felt the throbbing in my heart. It was eating each piece of it, little by little.

-FLASHBACK-

“Unni… when my kids grow up I want them to be best friends with yours.”

“What if I don‘t want to have kids?” She questioned as we laid under the bright sun.

“Aniyo~ You MUST have kids or even better we can have them marry each other.” I exclaimed when I jumped to my knees.

“No wonder you‘re consider a dork.” She scoffed.

“Unni~!” I complained.

“Do you even know what love is?” She sat up and gave me a questionable face.

“Of course! I love Jaejoong and he loves me too!” I grinned and she rolled her eyes.

“That‘s not what you call love, dongsaeng.”

“Really? Then how do YOU define love?” I purposely asked her.

She was quiet for a moment when she finally answered…

“Starting from hatred, I guess.” She simply answered.

“Why would you say that?”

“I don’t know. It just feel right to start from there.”

-END-

Was it all true then?

Does love really start from hatred?

Jaejoong and Jin Ae hated each other starting from high school and now they’re a married couple.

Was I suppose to fall in love with someone I wished they would die once I see them?

I sighed and sniffed my tears away. A better day is coming and I’ll be waiting for it. My guards are not going down yet.

**Jaejoong‘s POV**

I woke up after crying myself to sleep which makes me feel really awkward since that’s what girls would usually do when they are stressed but I just couldn’t help it with what Jin Ae said to me yesterday.

-FLASHBACK-

“I want a divorce.” Her voice was weak and dry with all the crying she did.

“W-what?”

“Jaejoong… I‘m losing my mind. I don‘t want this anymore. If you‘re never going to make the decision, I‘ll make it. I‘ll be the one to set you free. Without the kid, we have nothing to stop us. This is my final decision.”

“Why this all of a sudden?!”

“It’s not all of a sudden, we need to end it. Do you want to know how much I just want to die and forget everything? You may think we can start over again but how many more times?! This has been the second time, Jaejoong… There‘s a limit to everything and this is mine now. W-we….we just can‘t continue anymore.”

“No, I don‘t care what your decision is. I won‘t agree on the divorce.”

“WHY?! Then forget about Hana! Tell me you will hate her forever. Tell me this!”

“I HATE HANA! I WILL HATE HER FOREVER!”

She smiled with tears in her eyes and shook her head.

“That will never be enough… I know things will repeat so just leave. I want to be alone.”

“Jin Ae… what do I need to do for you to believe me?”

“Nothing. I believe you with all my heart and that was all the lies you told me including the dream I thought that was our perfect marriage. Thank you for sharing these lies with me. Thank you for the pain and the wounds that will never heal…”

“No…No, we can‘t.” I protested as I shook my head.

“I CAN‘T HAVE KIDS ANYMORE!” She yelled with all the strength she had left.

My voice was stuck in the middle of my throat. I wasn’t able to say anything to make her happier nor could I move forward and embrace her. There’s was really nothing I could do.

“The doctor said…” She broke into a cry.

“With my past miscarriage and this accident, there‘s too much damages inside of me…” She wiped her tears that seems to never stop.

“One thing in life that all women wants is to have their own babies and be able to hold them in their arms. I…Why couldn’t I have my turn? My umma had the chance to hold me in her arms but why couldn’t I get my moment?” She grasped on tight to her stomach.

“I lost both my babies and now I‘m never able to have any more.” She sobbed.

“Jin Ae…”

“Jaejoong…” She held back the sob and looked at me.

“This is final. I won‘t take back on my words. You have finally prove to me that Hana is what you want most in life… How can two people just fall in love when they started out hating each other?” She said with tears loading in her eyes.

-END-

“Hana was right. I was all a mistake from the start…” These words echoed inside my head.

We were so lovey dovey for the past months and it was weird. Could people really do that? Just easily love someone that they thought they could never love? When our marriage grew this depression on us and I did my thinking and the only reason I can think of is: she made me found the real me. A man who knows his responsibilities, what to look forward to tomorrow and what life holds for me. There were so much more that I wasn’t able to discover without her and it was finally time to set her free.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

My unni came to visit me and I asked her to take me to go see Taecyeon. She asked my personal nurse to unhook me then helped me to Taecyeon’s room. The door was slightly opened and my unni opened the door for me. A nurse was checking on him and he looked up once he saw me.

“Okay. We‘ll check on you again in another few hours.” The nurse told him and he nodded.

She came past us and greeted us with a smile. My unni stood close by me then walked me to the seat next to the bed. Taecyeon pursed his lips and his facial expression was telling me that he was ready for my lecture or at least smack his head since I always do that when he do dumb stuff.

“Unni, can you leave us for a bit?”

She had her hands on my shoulders but then the slipping of them indicated that she was leaving. By the click of the door, I turned back to him and he didn’t want to look into my eyes.

“What were you thinking?” I asked as I looked at him, up and down.

“Why are you being like a kid?”

Still he didn’t answer me. He was trying to protect me and that wasn’t what I wanted. I want him to smile even when he sees my pain. I want him to understand that I can’t fulfill everyone’s wishes.

“Answer me!” I got a little loud at him.

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

“YOU‘RE BEING LIKE A KID TOO!” I screamed when she expressed her anger in her voice.

She was the one being childish and tried killing herself. She didn’t want to think about the future but only want to be in the past. I can care less about Hana but I needed her to be happy. I want that for her and I will risk anything for that. Why can’t she just see it?!

“Tae…” Her voice went soft.

“Jin Ae…” I faced her but only to be caught in the moment when I felt like holding her tight.

“Did you really think that death was going to end misery? Did you believe that it is better to be dead?” I questioned and she looked down to her hands.

“You‘re my best friend and the only thing in this world that I would want for you is for you to see that your life is at the right spot. You‘re holding in too much. You know that I will always have a ear for you to listen to what you want to say. You can hit me until your anger is gone. The last thing I would allow you to do is kill yourself but only after my own life is taken.”

She burst into tears and laid her head on my lap. I ran my hand through her smooth hair and a tear dropped on top of her head.

“Why are you so stupid? Why should I be hurting you? I hate this, Tae… I hate seeing that you‘re hurt when I try my best to keep this away from you. You‘re the only one who I can turn to now. I have no one that I will ever be able to express myself to.” She cried then soon her arms were wrapped around my waist.

“Jin Ae… Promise me that even when you come to the point when you wish you‘re dead, think of those that have gone through worse than you. Think of me and believe that tomorrow will be a better day.”

She nod as her tears were still coming. We stayed in position for a while then I scooted over so we could share the bed together. We laid side by side and she was still crying a bit. I told her to stop but she said she wanted to let it all out so I let it go. We got into a real talk and into telling childhood stories.

“Tell me a story.” She mumbled and got closer to me.

I took in some air before telling her a short story.

“When I was about six years old, I asked my mother if I could marry this girl who I really liked. She said that I will have to wait until I am as big and tall like my dad. I waited every day and took my height to see if I was catching up with him. I played with the little girl every day and until the sun would set. I was grateful that we weren‘t siblings since I liked her so much then… she went away. The last time I saw her was the day I prepared to purpose to her but I failed. I wanted to do it the next day but it was the day she left me… Jin Ae?” I called her name when I heard soft breathing beside me.

She shifted in her sleeping position then turned to me. She laid her head on my chest and had her arm around my stomach. I smiled and eyed down to her, admiring her pure face. I heaved out a relief sigh and embraced her in my arms. I took the moment to hold her as much as I want until she wakes up.

‘If you were to ask me if I could still remember who that little girl, I would say yes but someone has made me forgot all about her. This person was the opposite of what I had in mind for my perfect “girlfriend” but she fitted in those categories in a way no other girl could do and that was Lee Jin Ae.’

----

TEASERS:

“Kiss me then.”

~~~~

“Jin Ae?” I went inside but it was empty, only a clean and neat bed was there.

~~~~

He was finally five this year and he was growing up so fast. I remember the moment I had him in my arms. I was the happiest person on Earth to see him survive.

~~~~

“It‘s best if you go back home.” I told him in a low voice.

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2010