Promise

A Marriage's Happy Ending
FEW DAYS LATER….

**Taecyeon‘s**

For the past days, I have seen the light in her face and smile again. She came to work, glowing like an angel. At times, I was withdrawn to be with her but I was working toward my goal which was to steal her heart. She often hang out in my office and we both set our work aside. Sometimes I didn’t get some of the papers done and end up staying up late to finish them. I loved the moments when I would get in trouble because of her but I never blame her though. Those moments felt like it closed the gap between us. She was such a random person and would say anything at anytime. One moment she can be talking about how she hate annoying people then she can switch it to talking about cats.

“Is… everything at home okay?” I asked in a quiet voice.

“I don‘t know. I guess…” She pulled the strands of hair that was falling over her face behind her ear.

“Jin Ae…”

“Yea?” She said while still concentrating on the papers we planned to work together on.

It felt like high school or even college, sitting together and doing our school works while discussing them too. I regretted leaving and not able to see her grow into someone out of my imagination.

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, anything.”

“Mm… what would you say if I was going to tell you that my wedding is in about a month from now?”

She looked up to me and our eyes met for a split second before she smiled and answered me.

**Jin Ae‘s POV**

I was so perplexed if I was faking my happiness or not. When I felt like everything were all fake, it made me depressed and feel suicidal. Moments when I feel like my happiness sis true, I just forget what happened that was just a week ago or so. I tried my best to avoid Jaejoong at home and anywhere. I still wonder why my umma treated Jaejoong the same the day he came and picked me up. There has to be something behind it and probably Jaejoong told her ANOTHER story or maybe some parts of the real story. I was thankful for Taecyeon’s encouragements and his time he always spend with me. It seem like they all takes up his whole day but it appears to be no problem to him.

“Mm… what would you say if I was going to tell you that my wedding is in about a month from now?”

“…”

No words were ready to be said but I smiled and simply responded.

“Are you going to secretly get married?” I crooked a eyebrow at him and he scoffed.

“Are you trying to say I want to hide this which so important from someone who means almost everything to me?”

My smile slowly fade away at what he said to me. I was speechless but I didn’t know how to answer back. Luckily his office’s phone started ringing and he answered it.

“Hello?… Yes, dad…” He took a glance at me as he spoke to his dad.

“Okay… Okay… I‘ll be there.” He finally put down the phone and I had my chin on my palm.

“Seems like you have a great relationship with your dad, right?” I asked and he shrugged.

“Not the best but not the worst too.” He pasted a smile on his face.

I smiled then we continued with the company’s papers.

**Hana‘s POV**

He was next to me and closing his beautiful eyes during his sleep. I his silky short hair and closed my eyes too. He was the second reason why I wanted to stay alive while Jaejoong was the first. I gave so much for him but I ended up with nothing. Being with my dear Jung Hwa, I knew I had nothing to lose until he grows up and go out into the real world to figure out what love is. No matter how much I want to protect him I can’t do much but only remind him that love should be thought thoroughly before telling he tells someone that he loves them and also risking every tiny things for that very person. I learned my mistake but I didn’t want Jaejoong to be with someone else especially with the person who I have been looking up to since I was a child. She was a friend, a partner, a sister, a soul mate and a part of me until this very day everything changed. I was still in my cheerless thoughts when his nicely almond-shaped eyes looked up to me.

“Hi sleepy head…” I softly said as I pinched the tip of his nose.

“Umma, you know I had a dream about my appa.” He said with a smile that looked so much like his appa.

“O-Oh really?” I stuttered at his statement.

“Was he handsome?” I tried to engage in the conversation.

“He looked exactly like the guy in the picture with umma. Very handsome and looks so much like me.” He went on to explaining his appa.

I was at the edge of bawling. I needed him to stop. No, I WANT him to stop. I just couldn’t bear anymore since everything that happened was dreadful to me. I embraced him in my arms and held my tears back.

“Umma… when will appa be back?” The adorable boy asked me when I had no response for him.

I wanted to say never but it would be too much for Jung Hwa so I gave him the same answer that I would always say when he ask me this question.

“When the sky is smiling down to us, that‘s when your appa will be back.” I replied with a teardrop rolling down my cheek.

HOURS LATER….

**Taecyeon‘s POV**

I went back home according to my dad‘s request. He said it was urgent so I made sure I was at home by the time he called for. I entered the house that wasn’t a mansion but was twice the size of the other houses around it. Maids greeted me and I nodded at them as I past by. I walked up the spiral stair and through the halls that led to my dad’s office. I opened the door and closed it behind me once I was in. I walked closer to his desk and his eyes were still looking down at whatever that was in his hands. He knew I was there but didn’t start until a minute later. His eyes were finally staring towards me but I only kept my head down.

“You know that you have a fiancé, right?”

I didn’t answer but I kept my eyes from looking into his.

“Ok Taecyeon.” He said my name.

“Yes, I know.”

“Very well… Jin Kyung‘s father and I have arranged a dinner for tonight. I would like you to attend and I mean that this is mandatory.” His cold voice demanded.

“Also…” He heaved it out and sat back in his chair once I looked at him.

“I want you to stay away from that girl. DO YOU understand?” My dad said one word by word to make himself clear to me.

I was lost for a bit but then I assumed I might know who he is talking about.

“I can care less who this girl is but I don‘t need her to be the reason why you can‘t agreed to the marriage. You know why you‘re marrying Jin Kyung and you agreed to it due to your grandfather‘s last breath before his death. Don‘t disappoint him.”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and nod.

“You can go back now.” He sent me off then I did a bow before I left.

----

[A/N; SORRY about not updating yesterday. I was SO tired and I wanted my beauty sleep before I go to school TOMORROW. Anyways... seems like this chapter is short, right? Eh... I don't know but I guess some chapters will be short since I don't know what else to write until we reach the next drama scene or chapterS. Some random reason, I like the next chapters so I'm going to put a bit more teasers than I usually do but it might be another short chapter too >.< ]

----

TEASERS:

He said even though I know nothing about this Ok Taecyeon once I spend at least every seconds of an hour with him I will surely find something good in him. I was beginning to see a side of him that can make him my perfect husband.

~~~~

I gripped it with all my strength but I came to realize that it wasn’t my victory in this tug-a-war and possibly it was Hana‘s.

~~~~

It looked very pure and clean with a red flower inside. It fitted so well with Jin Ae and I’m sure she’ll like it.

~~~~

Her hands stopped moving her chopsticks and I cupped one side of her cheek that was once pale as the snow I promised her with.

~~~~

About a year ago, we argued and hated each other. Several moths ago, thirty minutes topped the morning and endless ended the night. A week that just past, our marriage was coming to its end. It was the end that seems to be longer than it should be.

----

THANK YOU FOR READING AND COMMENTING! :)
UPDATED: SEP 26. 2010